And I see what you mean about the whole green thing. I'll keep that in mind. (:

Two more:

Image Image
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 6th, 2012 at 02:11am
Took these at course today.
We had a portrait exercise to get used to using dslrs, even though I've personally used one for a few years now.
However it was my first time using a Nikon, so I got to learn how to use their backwardness (well, backward to me!)

I reckon she looks like a famous musician in the last one, but I can't quite put my finger on who.
c/c is appreciated (:
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
March 11th, 2012 at 06:17pm
i hope this is the place to ask this, and not the general Q+A thread, i just thought because you guys all know your stuff it'd be a good place to ask! and i'll post a picture too!

i'm looking into buying a dslr, i've never had a dslr before so it would be my first one, so i don't know ALOT about them, but i'm very eager and interested to learn. i'm thinking about buying a used one or one that is a few years old, as i'm thinking of getting used to one now, and getting a better one for christmas hopefully, so this would just be getting me into using one. so i'm trying to get one under £250.
i'm interested in getting either a canon or nikon, but i'm not sure which one would be the best, and that's where you guys come in!
i would like to be taking macro photos like the one below, but i'm also interested in taking landscapes photos.
any suggestions or comments would be really useful, so thank you in advance.
this is taken on my friends canon 450d which I liked alot, so it is being considered.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 12th, 2012 at 12:08am
You can get pretty good macro shots on a standard lens that for example would come in a kit - I assume the lens on the 450d was a "beginners" lens?
Same with landscape shots. I wouldn't recommend looking into expensive lenses until later in the year, like you said for Christmas or something.
I'm not too great at models but I'm pretty sure the 450d is a few years old and would be great for getting used to
especially if you've already played around with it and like it. I'm not sure about things as far as price goes, though.
I have a Canon EOS Kiss X3 (roughly equivalent of a 1000d, just got a different name) - it's a few years old but it's still great.

Whether you wanted to use Canon or Nikon; depends which you prefer.
Like I said in my post above, a Nikon functions "backwards" to a Canon, and vice versa.
You could go to a camera store, play around with each brand and see which feels better?
I wouldn't recommend trying to learn on one brand, then switching later.
It can be done, just takes a bit of adjusting. But it'd be much less hassle if you stayed consistent.
I'm a Canon user, so of course I recommend finding something affordable within their range, but Nikon are great too.
I have a feeling that more landscape and macro shots are taken on Canons, but I can't be too sure.
I hope this was helpful and I didn't go off on too much of a ramble~
paradox;
Demolition Lover
paradox;
March 15th, 2012 at 01:06pm
a few random photos that have been up on my deviantart for a while.
there's more that I wanted to post, but imgur isn't cooperating at the moment~

sorry they're so large! D:
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
March 16th, 2012 at 04:45pm
mctague.: thank you so much for replying! i've gone with the canon 450D because i'm thinking that i would like to stick with Canon's. thanks again.

paradox: those photos are beautiful. my favourite is of one of the sky/trees. the colours are wonderful. (:
paradox;
Demolition Lover
paradox;
April 16th, 2012 at 09:46am
random photos that are in my gallery on soaphoto.com, but not my deviantART
again, apologies if these are huge:

click for slightly larger versions~

on another note, this thread is so dead and it saddens me D:

high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
April 19th, 2012 at 08:01am
^ same here! i remember when both this thread and the photography competition were super active. good times!

Paradox.: love the one with the bird! so dramatic, very well captured.

some semi-new stuff on my flickr.
.2068 by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
.3779 by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
I thought you said summer is going to take the pain away by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
These are a few of my favorite things by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr

i'm thinking of buying the Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8 G, anyone who's got that one (or used it)?

malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
April 21st, 2012 at 06:06am
Katlyn, I love the blur of that second photo in your first post.
Would have been great with a higher angle too, showing more of the trees. It's such a nice green.
Also, I really love the lighting in that photo taken inside the car.

high drama., took me a while to notice there's actually a guy on the pole in that first photo.
Amazing shot! I think the b/w works really well with the overcast.

I miss when the thread was more active too. I haven't much to post, but this is something I did for course.
Semi-photography related 'cause it was a self-portrait. It was for my Design class, we had to make a poster of our star sign.

hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
May 14th, 2012 at 07:02am
^that poster is amazing. your body as well xD
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
May 28th, 2012 at 10:37am
some shots with my new 50mm f/1.8
i love it already, though i haven't had time to use it all that much yet.

We were in the forest, I laughed a lot that day by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
RE: always on my mind by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
Seasons in the sun by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
California dreaming by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
.8692 by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
.8700 by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
.8705 by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
.8660 by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr

bigger versions on flickr.
comments and critique is always greatly appreciated, especially since i feel a bit rusty these days.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
June 3rd, 2012 at 04:27am
Did some selfies today. I made a mask and wanted to show it off.

Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image

It's winter here, so it was pretty cold!
c/c would be nice + thanks grim as ever. for the compliment on my poster.
<3
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
June 3rd, 2012 at 06:48am
mctague. : nice! i really like the one to the right in the second row.
and the last photo is impressive! especially since you're both the photographer and the model

i took a (way less interesting in comparison) self portrait the other day as well,
mainly because it was such a long time since i stood in front of a camera at all.
self portrait. by J.H.Andersson, on Flickr
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
June 4th, 2012 at 04:41am
high drama. thank you!
I took them on my trampoline, so I had heaps of room to jump around.
It took me ages to find the right focus in all of those since I was working alone.
I really need to look into buying a remote.

And I like your self portrait! The lighting is really nice, that's something I struggle with indoors.
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
June 4th, 2012 at 05:20am
i can imagine what a pain the focus must've been!
if you're looking into buying a remote, i would advice you not to buy the very cheapest one.
i bought a cheap one, and the reach is really bad. it really puts limitations on the use.

thank you!
i've had problems with the same thing, but this time window light + f/1.8 did the trick!
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
July 22nd, 2012 at 01:26am
I've taken that into consideration. I haven't yet bought one but I will be sure to get a good quality one, thanks (:

I haven't got anything new to post really, but I've recently started my degree - one of my electives being photography.
We're making pinhole cameras and going to develop our own photos, so I'll hopefully post something in the next few weeks!
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
July 22nd, 2012 at 03:59pm
a snapshot from today and a couple of photos from last week's horse show (gotta love my 70-300mm on these occations!)
Image Image
Image Image

malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
July 25th, 2012 at 11:40pm
This is some pinhole stuff I shot and developed today!

Testing to see if my small pinhole was light tight... almost.

First real photo with it - a selfie.

First photo with my big pinhole - I didn't do a test for it because I couldn't be arsed.
It was really over-exposed but that was because I wasn't watching the lighting change.
There's also a chemical stain in the top-left corner but I think it looks kinda cool.

I'm really proud of these for my first shots!
I used photographic paper to capture the images but I want to find out how to load film.
Both my pinhole cameras were made out of old paint tins so that will be interesting...
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
August 4th, 2012 at 08:07am
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
August 17th, 2012 at 06:04am
I love the colouring of the second one! It reminds me of something out of We'll Take Manhattan.

Image Image
Image Image

The first three are from my homemade pinhole, and the others are from a roll of film.
It's an automatic camera, I'm still desperate for a 35mm slr, but it works.