Don't have an account? Create one!

24/10/2010 O2 Apollo Manchester

AuthorMessage
Easy Tiger!
Killjoy
Easy Tiger!
October 7th, 2010 at 09:13am
I hate O2 as well! disappointed that they've got the apollo!

Any news on support? Its coming around really quickly!
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
October 7th, 2010 at 09:32am
lol the fact o2 have the apollo doesnt really change anything...they only have the name... its still run by the same people as before...its just a name...and slight change in whos putting the money in...other than that, its exactly the same.

though theres the possibility that as its now o2, they could have priority queuing for o2 customers - so if you have an o2 phone on you, you could get to join a different queue and be let in at the same time as those who have queued all day, when you've actually only just got there. just a word of warning! they may not do it, but its done at a fair few gigs at the other o2 venues...especially when theyre sold out. so maybe theres a reason to hate? but if you're gona queue all day it wont affect you anyway. maybe worth getting a free o2 sim card and taking it just incase? ; )
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 12th, 2010 at 05:07am
Does anyone know what the seatings like at the apollo ?and maybe some directions or obvious signs of finding it cause i'm going with my dad and he gets lost , thanksSmile
Easy Tiger!
Killjoy
Easy Tiger!
October 15th, 2010 at 09:00am
punkchick18:
Does anyone know what the seatings like at the apollo ?and maybe some directions or obvious signs of finding it cause i'm going with my dad and he gets lost , thanksSmile

Will you be getting the train or driving? its quite easy to find. And the seating is tiered, you still get a pretty good view right at the back! Its near to Picadilly train station, although the inner ring road can be quite confusing if your driving! PM me if you want proper directions from anywhere Smile
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 15th, 2010 at 04:17pm
Emilyy:
lol the fact o2 have the apollo doesnt really change anything...they only have the name... its still run by the same people as before...its just a name...and slight change in whos putting the money in...other than that, its exactly the same.

though theres the possibility that as its now o2, they could have priority queuing for o2 customers - so if you have an o2 phone on you, you could get to join a different queue and be let in at the same time as those who have queued all day, when you've actually only just got there. just a word of warning! they may not do it, but its done at a fair few gigs at the other o2 venues...especially when theyre sold out. so maybe theres a reason to hate? but if you're gona queue all day it wont affect you anyway. maybe worth getting a free o2 sim card and taking it just incase? ; )

My personal hatred stems from the O2 in Liverpool, I've had only bad experiences since it changed from being a Carling venue Sad Plus they repainted EVERYTHING and it offended my eyes Razz

Also, my ticket came today !
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
October 16th, 2010 at 05:50pm
My tickets came today! Very Happy So excited Smile
ScreamingRevenge
Joining The Black Parade
ScreamingRevenge
October 20th, 2010 at 09:54am
In this weeks Kerrang Frank talks about the upcoming shows and the setlist a bit. He described the setlist as a healthy mix of new and old songs. He said Na Na Na will definetly be played as well as some new songs people will hear for the first time and a couple of older ones from Three Cheers and Bullets.

Yay songs from bullets.... probably only one or two but still yay
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
October 20th, 2010 at 03:41pm
a mix is good. i dont wana be standing around hearing a load of songs i dont know all night...id like to show off my loser singing voice and sing along to stuff! aha.

only a few days nowwww!
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
October 20th, 2010 at 07:51pm
Hell, i'd be made up for just one bullets song. What time is everyone getting to the venue?
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 21st, 2010 at 12:04am
I'm not so sure when i should be getting there , i don't know when the doors open .
ScreamingRevenge
Joining The Black Parade
ScreamingRevenge
October 21st, 2010 at 08:43am
my ticket says the doors open at 7 but I would turn up a bit before that if I was you.
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
October 21st, 2010 at 08:52am
i'll be in manchester at midday.
depending on whos supporting will depend on what time i get to the venue. might not bother until after doors. its not gona be that hard to get to the front....
shell-
Jazz Hands
shell-
October 21st, 2010 at 09:47am
Twin Atlantic supporting - just in case anyone hasn't seen it on the other thread Smile
brittnieg
Killjoy
brittnieg
October 21st, 2010 at 06:33pm
Haha you're on top of things shell!
Just so everyone knows these are the dates that Twin Atlantic is supporting:

Oct 23, 2010 @ Hammersmith Apollo
London. UK

Oct 24, 2010 @ Apollo
Manchester. UK

Oct 25, 2010 @ Corn Exchange
Edinburgh. UK
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 21st, 2010 at 09:05pm
Who are twin atlantic when there out ?
shell-
Jazz Hands
shell-
October 22nd, 2010 at 09:03am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLaLjPQ4W44 thats one of their songs , just chose a random one. My favourite of twins is 'audience and audio' especially when its live crowd usually goes mental!
bigbam1231
Killjoy
bigbam1231
October 22nd, 2010 at 09:13am
Hey guys, has anyone ever been to the apollo before? Do you remember if they scanned your tickets, because I'm worried. I rang aloud.com so they could forward the tickets to the box office because they hadnt arrived yet, just as I hung up, the postman came. So I run them back and they said they'd not duplicate and deactivate my tickets. Im just worried in case they havent done it right and then I queue up from 9 am on sunday, only to get to the front and not be allowed in.
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 22nd, 2010 at 02:37pm
shell-:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLaLjPQ4W44 thats one of their songs , just chose a random one. My favourite of twins is 'audience and audio' especially when its live crowd usually goes mental!

Same! I've got a demo of that track and I love it more than the actual album version haha, that always happens when I hear demos first. Excited for this Very Happy
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 23rd, 2010 at 04:59pm
I'll be around the city centre tomorrow too... Not sure when I'll start queuing, but I can't wait to see them! Very Happy If anyone wants to say hi to me when queuing or whatever, I have curly bright red hair (but not like Gerards new do, quite a bit darker), and I'll be wearing dark brown Dr Martens with a white fluffy lining. Smile
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 23rd, 2010 at 08:04pm
I''l try and see you , i have hair similar but its straight and i'll be wearing brightly coloured leggings , see ya there Smile i saw a video aon youtube of g singing cancer in london and i burst into tears he sounds amazing Smile