Don't have an account? Create one!

The first time I heard Demolition Lovers...

AuthorMessage
Will
Fabulous Killjoy
Will
February 8th, 2006 at 06:29pm
Love it... so emotional, so un MCRishly beautiful... amazing song, great lyrics, wonderful guitar work... I get way more emotional listening to it than most other stuff, there's definite shivers although it didn't make me cry, didn't make me cut (The drugs don't work is my cutting song... if you're interested... which you're not Razz ), and some varied memories with it too... reminds me of my "watercooler romance" - (trying to let you know just how much you mean to me...) Quite likely the best MCR song ever... in fact, I think I'll listen to it right now...
*listens*
Mmm... demolition lovers...
Beautifully Chaotic
Jazz Hands
Beautifully Chaotic
February 10th, 2006 at 03:54pm
Choked me up. :]
dearest helpless
Wild Eyed Joker
dearest helpless
February 10th, 2006 at 03:55pm
I don't think I've ever cried listening to it (I've cried listening to Ghost of You) but to me it's the ultimate love song. Smile

I love the line "I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets" ... Shocked Okay, I take it back thinking of that song is making my eyes water. *cough* Sorry, emotional lunatic today apparently. :\
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
February 10th, 2006 at 05:20pm
that song is POWERFUL, and yes i agree w/ person above me it definitely IS the ultamite love song and everyone loves it
emilyrachel
Bleeding on the Floor
emilyrachel
April 17th, 2006 at 07:45pm
all their songs make me cry. but yeah, Demolition Lovers is a really beautiful song. I cried.
Moth
Jazz Hands
Moth
April 17th, 2006 at 09:17pm
I think I've cried to Demolition Lovers... not the first time I heard it though. It calms me down though, so whenever I need something soothing I listen to it on repeat. I had this panic attack thing once and letting it run on repeat until my batteries ran out was all that calmed me down enough to sleep. I love the song. I just love it. I could listen to it all day. My favorite part is "As lead rains, pass on through, our phantoms, forever, forever."
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
April 17th, 2006 at 10:16pm
It's beautiful...so fuckin' pretty!!!
TheSeaItWillExplode
Killjoy
TheSeaItWillExplode
April 19th, 2006 at 10:40am
I've cried to it before but the first time I heard it I didn't.

It touched me and I had to put the song on repeat the first time I heard it. I'm a sucker for putting songs on repeat when I can't get enough ^_^

Odd fact: it inspires me to write...
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
April 19th, 2006 at 03:33pm
[Dial Zero for Operator]:
Didn't cry, but it's one of those 'wish someone would sing that to you' type songs

You hit the nail on the head.

I still believe "And I would drive on to the end with you" is the sweetest line ever written in a song
noxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
noxx
April 19th, 2006 at 05:05pm
My favourite song as well I didn't cry I stil don't understand how you can cry lol
nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
April 19th, 2006 at 05:06pm
O.o
heavenly_maiden
Killjoy
heavenly_maiden
April 29th, 2006 at 03:42am
'Demolition Lovers' is one of my favourite songs and I did get a little emotional but I didn't cry.
But, I did cry when I heard "Early Sunsets over Monroeville" for the first time!
*sob sob* ...such a sad song T.T
And_Down_We_Go
Killjoy
And_Down_We_Go
April 29th, 2006 at 06:54am
I have cried a couple of times...its such an emotional song, its so hard not to!
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
April 29th, 2006 at 01:19pm
It's sort of the song I judge people by. I told my friend the lyrics, and she thought it was creepy. But there's something, I don't know, like in the 10 commandments of a chemical romance, "Thou shalt see beauty in bloody love." That's sort of it. You can look at it and just see the blood and shooting part, or you can see the beauty in it. I love that song, and I'm still trying to find someone I know who likes it.
Whenever I listen to it, I think it's the most beautiful song in the world. When it's over, I remember how good other songs are, but it just sort of stops everything else I'm thinking, while I hear it.
I don't really know if I said that how I meant it, but anyway.
gerards_demolition_lover
Fabulous Killjoy
gerards_demolition_lover
May 2nd, 2006 at 05:46pm
I cried for about 5 minuites...and.....yah.....lot's of shit can make me sad though...so...yah...
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
May 2nd, 2006 at 06:14pm
Demolition Lovers can be a hard song to listen to. I think I've cried a few times listening to it. It has alot of meaning and it doesn't have a very...happy sort of vibe.

I've gotten chills listening to DL too. I think that usually means you're really into the song. Either that, or it's cold outside. O__O

I love Demolition Lovers, though. The ending is the most beautiful.

"I'll meet your eyes...I mean this....forever."
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 2nd, 2006 at 08:23pm
Everyone should go listen to it really loud. I love doing that. Demolition Lovers, and Desert Song.
Jack White
Awake and Unafraid
Jack White
May 2nd, 2006 at 08:50pm
I don't really like "Demolition Lovers," but my husband does. Isn't that weird? Anyway, "Ghost of You" is the song that always makes me cry.
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
May 3rd, 2006 at 01:59am
I did cry when I first heard it...for me it's the most painful song I ever heard...it's very sad...
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
May 3rd, 2006 at 02:06am
i find 'demolition lovers' sad but it's not sad enough to make me cry.. i don't cry at songs actually..