Don't have an account? Create one!

The Death Sentence.

AuthorMessage
spirigirly
Killjoy
spirigirly
November 4th, 2006 at 11:12am
I'm against it, the person should live and think of what he/she's done. But on the other hand, we're paying the taxes so that they can live, we're giving money too keep people alive who did serious bad things? Rolling Eyes
Bacon Egg and AMY!!
Killjoy
Bacon Egg and AMY!!
November 5th, 2006 at 04:50pm
Before I begin, I just want to tell you that my opinion has been said by most people to be VERY weird. Right, I believe that it would be terrible to have a life in jail, with no possibility of ever leaving again. I personally would hate it. So, if someone has commited a crime that would grant them a life sentencing without the possibility of parole, I believe that the CRIMINAL and no one else should be able to decide whether or not he lives. I know that some people would be fine with living in a federal prison for the rest of their lives, but I also know that there are people, like me, who wouldn't be able to handle that. I also think that allowing someone to choose their own fate would cut down the number of people who commit suicide while serving their sentences.

My two cents.
Tara Scene
Motor Baby
Tara Scene
November 5th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Im split on this one because if they did commit a really bad crime they dont really derserve to live. Im against it because if they did do something really bad they should be able to live with the guilt of knowing what they did. So yep im tatally split on this one.
the anti-scenester
Motor Baby
the anti-scenester
November 15th, 2006 at 08:52pm
What if the person was actually innocent? I seriously just wince when I think about that. I mean, if there's no possible way they didn't do it, they admitted it and there were liek a dozen witnesses and everything, then yeah, I"m all for the death sentence, but if there's even a shdow of a doubt... even the slightest possiblity they didn't do it, then I'd be terrified to order them killed or be the one to administer the drug.
the anti-scenester
Motor Baby
the anti-scenester
November 15th, 2006 at 08:52pm
Bacon Egg and AMY!!:
Before I begin, I just want to tell you that my opinion has been said by most people to be VERY weird. Right, I believe that it would be terrible to have a life in jail, with no possibility of ever leaving again. I personally would hate it. So, if someone has commited a crime that would grant them a life sentencing without the possibility of parole, I believe that the CRIMINAL and no one else should be able to decide whether or not he lives. I know that some people would be fine with living in a federal prison for the rest of their lives, but I also know that there are people, like me, who wouldn't be able to handle that. I also think that allowing someone to choose their own fate would cut down the number of people who commit suicide while serving their sentences.

My two cents.

That's actually a really good idea.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 15th, 2006 at 08:56pm
I dont know where I stand.
I always figured, "Keep them alive. They'll suffer more that way."
But now, im starting to think outside of the individual person.
The person may attempt suicide and fail.
Tax-paying Americans are spending more money towards the safetly of that person.
And regardless of whether or not they attempt suicide, were still spending money for their food, clothing, and shelter.
Im not sure how much money is actually being spent each year, but still.
Im on the fence with this subject.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
November 18th, 2006 at 03:56pm
If you kill someone who killed someone how is it teachin people not to kill people??
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
December 30th, 2006 at 04:57am
There are really two sides of the coin right here. First off, if we kill someone who has commited a heinous crime and need severe punishment, how does that make us a btter person than that man? Human life is precious, no matter what.

But,

our jails are full and for some crimes a life in jail simply isn't severe enough, I know that. I am fully aware of the fact that a life in prison isn't exactly what it used to be. Jails today are a tiny bit worse than motels. The prisoners have cable TV, basketball courts, gyms, whatever. That's no punishment, right?

My personal opinion is and will always be that human life is too precious to be taken away by another human being, no matter what. I walk through life trying really hard to keep an open mind, but I can not find and understanding for those who are willing to kill to prove a point. That's not the way it all works.
WhiteLies
Fabulous Killjoy
WhiteLies
December 30th, 2006 at 11:08am
i think its right coz in my religion it says that killing on person is like killing the whole of humanity so that person gets the death sentence. the only way they don't is that if the vitims family accept a payment of their choice from the murderer or they simply forgive the murderer. also if the person has a mental disorder they just get rehabilitated.

for me religion has the final word. so i'm all for it
WhiteLies
Fabulous Killjoy
WhiteLies
December 30th, 2006 at 11:11am
Imaginary Fiend.:
I'm with it and aginst it.

If you've murdered r hurt one person, Life in prison, without bail or parrol.

But if you've murdered or taken more than two lives, Death. But that puts two families through heartbreak. SO, I'm in a 6 one and half dozen the other sort thing.

thats wierd coz that saying if you kill 1 person its not as bad as killing 100 people and it is.

also are you in america or england coz we had this debate ages ago in england. and we're sort of over it well i am anyway
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 30th, 2006 at 02:07pm
I'm for it. You have to really screw up to get the death penalty, so most criminals shouldn't have to worry about it. And why should people that deserve the death penalty get to live longer?
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
December 31st, 2006 at 12:50am
I'm in the middle. The people who got the death sentence deserve it because they committed an unspeakable crime, but then again, maybe they should just spend the rest of their lives rotting in jail.

EDIT: But think about this, if you let them live, they have a chance of escaping.
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 07:30am
I totally do believe that if they had the life sentence they could choose.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 31st, 2006 at 09:26am
I would usually say that it is something that should be done but only for serious cases (murder without cause, child absusing etc.). The only trouble with that is if some one is wrongly convicted. Do they deserve to die for something they didn't do? Isn't that being just as bad as the murderer himself?
Forgotten
Killjoy
Forgotten
December 31st, 2006 at 09:34am
I can't decide if I'm for or against the death penalty for people who have killed someone. However, there are many cases where someone is wrongly commited, or the trial lasts so long, they just spend most their life on "death row". I think there's so many faults with the justice system, something as simple as "you've take someone's life, you deserve not to live" rarely happens like that.
xXGhostInTheSnowXx
Killjoy
xXGhostInTheSnowXx
December 31st, 2006 at 05:00pm
I live in Sweden and we don't have dead sentence here, but I don't really know what I think, it's wrong that we shall pay for them but it's also true that their thoughts will punish us more then if someone kills them they will get away with it in some strange way. And if we kill them are we just as bad as they are? I mean then lots of people agrees to kill someone that's disgusting, and what if it's the wrong person? the ones that killed the wrong person or that has agreed to kill them don't will get punished beacuse it isn't their fault? or it is?
geradsredskittle666
Really Not Okay
geradsredskittle666
January 1st, 2007 at 06:06am
I think killing anyone is wrong even if they have done something bad. No one deserves it.
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
January 2nd, 2007 at 09:33pm
I'm pretty against but in some situations I'm for.
"If you break a law, then where gonna kill you" That doesn't make any sense!
If they don't want us to do things like that they why are they gonna do it right back.

Then there's the other half of me that says "It's for the better"
Only because if that person is killing others and destroying things we have that's made it so far
then we should stop them so we can go on.

Really I'm still for not killing though
Cover Me In Gasoline
Really Not Okay
Cover Me In Gasoline
January 3rd, 2007 at 11:03am
I'm against it because if someone hurt you, you can't go and hang them. I think the death penalty is the equivelent to murder. If someone murdered someone else and then they get the death pently. I think that your just as bad as the murder yourself.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:37pm
^^^ I agree. People must make sure they are certain they have the right person before doing it though.