Don't have an account? Create one!

The Media.

AuthorMessage
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 5th, 2007 at 05:07pm
The Media is blame for a lot of things. They are partly why we waste money on pieces of shit products, why so many women/men suffer from eating disorders.

The media is extremely stereotypical and single minded, they want to control what you believe... Ah. Nevermind.. I'm not good at talking/typing.... ... Typing.
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
April 7th, 2007 at 10:09pm
The media is bad, yeah. Most people are impressionable, ignorant and single minded. Makes a good fit, huh?

The media isn’t the only one to blame. Things are a lot more complicated than that.
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 10th, 2007 at 05:30am
i think the media is good

its through media that we get films and music vids and other such things

although the media can be used for bad things, the media itself is a brilliant thing!

but i wanna get involved in film at some point, so maybe im just overly pro media? Razz
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 10th, 2007 at 06:22am
The media is extremely stereotypical and single minded, they want to control what you believe

So true.
sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
April 10th, 2007 at 12:12pm
It could be good and bad.
Like some of you said, it's to blame for disorders and what not.
They spread rumours about celebrities and stalk them 24/7.

But it could also be used for good, if it weren't for the media we wouldn't have had Live8 and the benefit concerts to follow it.
If it weren't for the media, people wouldn't have gotten together to prepare relief for the hurricane Katrina victims or even the Tsunami relief.

It all depends on what you're watching/reading.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:13pm
There's so much bias in the media it's sickening. The most unbiased are Fox News and the San Antonio Express news.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:58pm
Fox? Unbiased?
Ugh... these days Darth Vader would be considered liberal...
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:17pm
Well it's not completely unbiassed, but it's better than CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 23rd, 2007 at 09:44pm
^Not even close. Fox news is so incredibly conservative, it's sickening. They even have a conservative radio station state their opinion on the news every morning. CNN is also pretty biased towards the right. MSNBC not as much. Almost all news stations are right-wing, because they're all owned by neo-conservatives.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
July 27th, 2007 at 04:49pm
hell ya the media is currpting ppl!
they over exagerate the facts and often cause mass paranoia!
AND often the create FAKE scape goat stories to draw attention off of
REAL ISSUES!
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
July 29th, 2007 at 11:18pm
As it has been said, it's only the people who allow themselves to be molded by the media that do.
But we can see this happenening. Eating disorders are just one example of the media's influence. Girls see stick thin models, and think that's normal.
When it's not.
stuupid like a fox
Bleeding on the Floor
stuupid like a fox
August 1st, 2007 at 04:34am
MEDIA = BULL S***
that's all i really have to say.
i mean how low are we that we say fat is ugly and disgusting
black is mourning and all who wear it are wierd
people who'd rather listen to music than go shopping and make fun of other people are abnormal, outcasts, and should be made fun of.
this is what makes animals
we torment eachother and say we're not good enough
buy what you need and not what you want
DON'T WORSHIP FALSE ICONS!!!
Paris Hilton? WTF!?
i hate the media
what i think is cool is cool and if i don't have asmany friends and don't get invited to the parties who give a damn!?
i'd rather spend time with my firends or living a real life than talking about the mall and making other people feel small to think i'm great
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 20th, 2008 at 05:40pm
Yes because they can write lies twist around what people said and write half quotes. They can aslo leave out key information to stories whitch most of the media do all the time.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 20th, 2008 at 06:26pm
My thing about the media, specifically the news, is that you never know how much of the truth you are getting. By the time the information gets to you it has been watered down so much that I would never believe it to be the real truth. Newspapers are much better when it comes to that. They can put more information into an article than a newscast.
Jenny.
Jenny.
September 21st, 2008 at 05:20am
^I completely agree with Eponine, but I'd also like to say that the media can only influence you as long as you listen to them. Technically, you are the media. The media exists to feed people with things they want to hear[mostly] and things that other people do that we apparently want to know about.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
September 21st, 2008 at 02:24pm
A lot of the media is to blame for a lot of the bad things that happen. The face that people think they have to be size zero just happens to be one thing they are responsible for. I mean we've all seen how the media can lie and have tonnes of people believing them, just by remembering the Hannah bond thing.

But its not all bad. Through the bad media, there's sometimes good stuff, like people backing up our side against news papers like the daily mail. And people telling mean and women they don't have to be dead skinny, and to just be themselves.

But knower days, its so hard to find that because were all drowning in the false things the bigger tabloids print.
Jenny.
Jenny.
September 21st, 2008 at 03:41pm
lmao, everyone hates the daily mail. For some reason that makes me laugh so much.

About the size zero thing: I dont think the media is TELLING you that you have to be size zero, it's simply SAYING that some people who are size zero are apparently beautiful, it's not saying you have to be like them, if you get what I mean.

Though some do argue that they're saying that people that are size zero than someone who is a healthy weight...
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
September 22nd, 2008 at 01:20pm
Vanya Hargreeves:
lmao, everyone hates the daily mail. For some reason that makes me laugh so much.

Same here.

It's their right to have free speech.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
September 22nd, 2008 at 02:59pm
To Zanarkand:
Vanya Hargreeves:

Same here.

It's their right to have free speech.

Yeah, but when they start spouting lies. Thats when it becomes 'not ok'
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:10pm
Amy-Faye:

Yeah, but when they start spouting lies. Thats when it becomes 'not ok'

Could you prove , without a doubt, that MCR has never promted someone to feel depressed/suicidal?

If you can prove it to me , then i will retract my earlier post and apologize , untill then, I beleive the daily mail was very much sticking to there rights as a newspaper.