AuthorMessage
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:50pm
To Zanarkand:
Amy-Faye:

Yeah, but when they start spouting lies. Thats when it becomes 'not ok'

Could you prove , without a doubt, that MCR has never promted someone to feel depressed/suicidal?

If you can prove it to me , then i will retract my earlier post and apologize , untill then, I beleive the daily mail was very much sticking to there rights as a newspaper.

To be honest, i don't think i really have to prove that to you. Everyone should know that MCR have never promoted suicide, and i though all fans knew that. It wasn't just the Hannah Bond thing that made people dislike the daily mail. Its been going on for a while. There aren't that many people out there who actually support them, you see it on TV all the time, people taking the piss out of the news paper, comedians do it. I know people at my school who do it.

They're always reporting on false things, making stuff up and over exaggerating things to the max. I may not have proof of that, because i never buy the paper, but I've sure as hell seen stupid things on the cover
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
September 22nd, 2008 at 05:13pm
thats not proof.

No , I don't beleive MCR has caused people to commit suicide.

Yet I don't think Daily Mail did anything bad by writing that, They wrote there opinion.

The MCR protest was okay because we have a freedom of speech, as does the papers. Who cares if comedians take the piss? obviously people like the paper enough to buy it otherwise they wouldn't be in business. What the Daily Mail said was not wrong, they said nothing terrible, they didn't threaten to sue mcr or anything. Why can't MCR fans just brush that of their sholders and say "we know what our band does for us , and some newspaper isn't going to change that"

Amy-Faye:
And I'm gonna start by saying 'MCR saved my life' Now i know at the start and most probably all the way through the thread. You guys have been discussing that phrase. And to be honest, they did save my life, but i think it was in a slightly different way. And the first time it was a coincidence. I was pathetically going to jump out of my bedroom window. 2 floors up, don't think it really would have killed me, but i just felt like i couldn't live anymore you know? Anyway, the TV was on, and WTTBP started, i thought it a weird coincidence, I'd heard people say 'MCR saved my life' but i didn't think it would apply to me. but when i heard it, i kind of understood it in a different way. It made me feel like i didn't want to try and kill myself.

One of your posts in the Music thread, If music can save your life , Is it really that hard to imagine a person that could be influenced in the opposite way? Some of MCR's lyrics can be very macabre at first glance.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
September 22nd, 2008 at 05:22pm
Because if you take there message into consideration, listening to their music. Even if it does seem macabre, shouldn't make you want to kill yourself. Most fans have heard that MCR saves lives, and about that message.

But the daily mail printed twice that MCR are a suicide cult, even after the first time, when they were corrected, told the truth, knew exactly what the band were about. They were just as ignorant, and did the second article. Proving that they don't take into consideration what people tell them, they just run with it, no matter how stupid it is
Jenny.
Jenny.
September 23rd, 2008 at 12:07pm
Actually, I think it was six times. File I think it was three or four different people whose death MCR were ''responsible for''.

Personally, I've always disliked the Daily Mail and I think that the whole MCR suicide cult thing was too far. They said that the only reason Hannah died was so she could be ''emo'' because it was ~cool. That's not on. I admit, MCR's lyrics are very...death orientated at first glance, and I admit that maybe MCR could have affected Hannah's choice on that, but it's simply not on to place the entire blame on a band. A band is a band, suicide is affected by things on many many psychologic levels, it's not possible for one single thing to cause suicide. I met a woman who was completely for the protest and she wasn't a fan at all. In fact, she was a well trained psychologist who understood that suicide is a very complex thing, affected by many different areas and many many things, not just one. She was about 30 years old and was incredibly happy that people were contradicting what the DM said about suicide.

Anyway, I'll stop spamming now.