Don't have an account? Create one!

Mental Disorders

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 8th, 2007 at 01:38am
bust a move!:
I really, really don't want to flame anyone, but I have to make this point.

Thoughts do not cause disorders. Disorders cause thoughts.

I would actually have to disagree with you there.
I'm aware that disorders cause thoughts, I'm not disagreeing with that,
but if a person has a set way of thinking, say, mentally berratting themselves
for years, or always thinking that they are not as good as other people,
in otherwords, they have a habit of self-destructive thinking, it can lead
to mental disorders.

The road runs both ways, in this instance.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 8th, 2007 at 10:29am
sometimes i think i am bipolar. you would have to know me long enough to agree, though...
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
March 8th, 2007 at 11:46am
Years ago, I used to be a pharmacy tech. I would give prescriptions to parents for their kids, because they had ADHD. What I found was the majority of kids didn't really have a disorder. The kids I saw were simply happy, excited kids whose parents gave them candy full of sugar (which made him hyper) to shut them up and then they ran to the doctor for meds to calm them down and make them docile. They didn't want to deal with chatty, playful and active children, so they asked for a prescription to basically tranqulize their kids. Now they have a quiet, calm and depressed kids. I've seen dozens of them, all medicated because their parents don't want to deal with them.

That's not to say ADHD doesn't exist, it definitely does. My friend Eric was a true textbook case if there ever was one. He could not make it through one class without getting up and wandering off. But I would say 90% of the kids on meds for ADHD are misdiagnosed. It's very sad.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 8th, 2007 at 04:23pm
Beeblebrox:
Years ago, I used to be a pharmacy tech. I would give prescriptions to parents for their kids, because they had ADHD. What I found was the majority of kids didn't really have a disorder. The kids I saw were simply happy, excited kids whose parents gave them candy full of sugar (which made him hyper) to shut them up and then they ran to the doctor for meds to calm them down and make them docile. They didn't want to deal with chatty, playful and active children, so they asked for a prescription to basically tranqulize their kids. Now they have a quiet, calm and depressed kids. I've seen dozens of them, all medicated because their parents don't want to deal with them.

That's not to say ADHD doesn't exist, it definitely does. My friend Eric was a true textbook case if there ever was one. He could not make it through one class without getting up and wandering off. But I would say 90% of the kids on meds for ADHD are misdiagnosed. It's very sad.

my cousin has ADHD, and honestly the medication he takes doesn't help him AT ALL. it just makes him worse and has caused him to have so many problems, it is ridicilous. but, you can tell he has something since he NEVER fucking sits still or pays attention.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 8th, 2007 at 09:44pm
I have depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, and mood swings. And a bunch of prescriptions. I used to have OCD but the anti-depressants have helped with that a lot. I also think I have mild schizophrenia because I have EXTREME mood swings.
In my opinion, anti-depressants don't really help depression. Not for me anyway. Pah. Life sucks.
Magazine Sickness.
Killjoy
Magazine Sickness.
March 11th, 2007 at 07:50pm
isn't ritalin just a concentrated form of speed?
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
March 12th, 2007 at 11:03pm
its kind of similar to speed...speed is Methamphetamine, ritalin is Methylphenidate, which is described as "an amphetamine-like stimulant".

Magazine Sickness.
Killjoy
Magazine Sickness.
March 14th, 2007 at 02:15am
supervegan;zombify!:
its kind of similar to speed...speed is Methamphetamine, ritalin is Methylphenidate, which is described as "an amphetamine-like stimulant".

so why do they want to stimulate hyperactive children more? o.O
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
March 17th, 2007 at 10:59pm
Well, I'm not sure about your question, but maybe it's some ingredient in it that stimulates the kids, like caffine or something....

But I have to say, I really never knew about the 90% are misdiagnosed. That's horrible. Won't the drugs somehow effect the child's body when they get older, like damage their immune system or make them go through a depression? Someone has to alert someone about this!

heartache to sing:
I have depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, and mood swings. And a bunch of prescriptions. I used to have OCD but the anti-depressants have helped with that a lot. I also think I have mild schizophrenia because I have EXTREME mood swings.
In my opinion, anti-depressants don't really help depression. Not for me anyway. Pah. Life sucks.

And I know what it's like. I'm going through a depression myself, and I also had OCD when I was younger. Yes, I'm still a little OCD now, but I direct that into my drawings and stories. I hope you do better...

Depression. Worst ever MD in my opinion. It can get bad to the point where you die from the inside out. Soul to heart to mind. Then you hit Rock Bottom, and find a way out with just about anything, even Suicide. So rough...

*Sakura-chan*
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 18th, 2007 at 03:46am
^ Thanks hon.

Depression is terrible, cuz when you sink far down enough you start to think of suicide as being the only way out. Or else you get hooked on pills and you can't get through a day without them. It just eats you up until there's nothing left inside of you but this core of pure red rugged pain that won't go away. I find it really offensive and hurtful when people tell me that I CHOOSE to be depressed. Anyone else have that?
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
March 18th, 2007 at 11:15am
You're welcome! ^^

No one nows I'm depressed, except my closest friends. My parents don't even know, or the doctor. I know I'm slightly depressed, but I'm not depressed enough to the point where I need help. I've hit Rock Bottom before and I've gotten myself out of it. No parents or therapy. I think it's better no one knows about me. There are other people out there who need help, and I don't want to take that away from them...

*Sakura-chan*
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
March 18th, 2007 at 05:32pm
^^ You can not call yourself depressed if you
have not been diagnosed. Get yourself to a doctor, quickly.

Mental disorders, in my opinion, are just thoughts. The disorder
trigger thoughts which then lead to an action usually
taking place. The certain disorder judges what type of thought
or thoughts that paticular person tends to have. eg. Borderline
Personality Disorder, makes the person judge themselves through
thoughts of themselves and their personality.

Also, please can people stop posting thing like 'I have . . .' or 'I think
I have . . .', you may use yourself for a example but please
don't throw it in out faces. It's spam =/
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
March 18th, 2007 at 09:55pm
i suffer from depression... it sucks... no matter how badly u want to get better u cant and so u start spiraling down and it sucks.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
March 18th, 2007 at 10:08pm
is anyone here
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 19th, 2007 at 12:15am
live-my-life-alone:
is anyone here
Both this post and the the post above it are spam.
This is a place to discuss mental disorders as a whole,
not to talk about our personal problems, which can be considered spam,
and is frowned upon here.

Please go to the Personal Problems Subforum if you would like advice
on your problems. Otherwise, please keep on topic.
umbrellaXacademy
Killjoy
umbrellaXacademy
March 19th, 2007 at 04:44pm
the worst 2 me is
bipolar disorder(manic deppression)
of course if you really want it to be these all can be cured, but its a matter of wanting and working
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
March 24th, 2007 at 12:24am
I feel really bad for people who have mental disorders. There are about 5 kids in my class that have disorders. One of them gets made fun of a lot, he was in speech and went to some thing for it and had to read and write poems. He wrote about how hard it is for him and how he feels when people make fun of him. I feel bad for him when I see people make fun of him. If you make fun of people with disorders, you should think of how they feel when you say something to them.
Future-Mrs-Way
Killjoy
Future-Mrs-Way
March 24th, 2007 at 03:37pm
I think that mental dissorders are a scary thing unless they are controlled. I think that scitsophenia (dunno how 2 spell this) is the worst coz some1 can turn just like that. But i no 2 ppl that have this illness and they lead a perfectly nomal life they just have to take medicine to control it...so its ok
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 24th, 2007 at 08:11pm
Well, many people with mental disorders, in my opinion, are very trusting...either that or not trusting at all.
My cousin has something (I don't remember what it was) and she will do whatever people say...she acts quite normal except for how much trust she has for people.
Which really makes me sad because people could easily take advantage of her.
I luv Frankadizzle
Jazz Hands
I luv Frankadizzle
March 31st, 2007 at 08:56pm
I have a general anixety disorder and i have been taking medication for it since sixth grade.
Though I do believe the medicine I take is working, I donot believe there is a cure for any type of disorders. I belive only that psychologist could mainly moderate it insted of cure it.