Drunk Driving.

AuthorMessage
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
October 5th, 2006 at 11:52am
Drink driving makes me want to cry
it affects so many people
people should plan ahead or they could end up killing themselves or worse killing others

a few years ago there was an accident involving a yr 12 girl who was driving her friends homw after she had been drinking, there were two boys in the boot, three girls in the back and a girl in the passenger seat. they were driving on a winding road and it had been raining, the car slipt and spun out of control smashing into a telegraph pole. the boys were killed on contact and i think the three girls in the back died later on in hospital. the saddest part was for the driver having to live with the fact that her friends are gone. this happened near where i live and i drive past that pole every weekend, it makes me sad to think of what drink driving can do and how bad things can get.
bloody_intervention
Killjoy
bloody_intervention
October 15th, 2006 at 06:52pm
Victoria in Transit:
I think that if you have poor judgment enough to get behind a wheel while drunk you should be punished as a murder.

But when people are drunk they dont have any judgement so that isnt rele the problem. the problem is that they have access to cars when they are drunk.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 15th, 2006 at 07:51pm
It is murder. My dad almost killed someone driving drunk. It's a scary thing. He almost killed himself aswell.
The place they were drinking could also be sued. For overly intoxicating or something.
Don't bars have the right to not serve someone if they've drunk way too much?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 15th, 2006 at 09:41pm
It's so stupid.
I'm so glad that my car is hard to start, so there is no possible way I would be able to drive when I am drunk. Not that I have ever actually tried to.

One of my friends drove when he was drunk once.
He didn't get punished at all.
His parents knew & everything, all they did was take his toy monkey Rolling Eyes
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 16th, 2006 at 01:10am
It is against the law to serve alcohol to a person who is already obviously inebriated.

And drunk driving will only end when they attatch breathalyzers to the ignition systems of all of the vehicles. And even then, a half sober bud can help you out, or some idiot will find a way around it.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 16th, 2006 at 06:35pm
The breathalyzer idea sounds wonderful. It would deff cut down.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:01pm
It is extremely wrong, and it puts others lives in danger.
dark_princess
Fabulous Killjoy
dark_princess
November 5th, 2006 at 12:07am
its NOT good! they must be sick in the head to put others including themselves at risk of death or serious injury
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 5th, 2006 at 12:16am
People are stupid to drink and drive first of all.!
They just dont learn their lesson.
I tell my friends if I ever drink To hide my keys.

Thats what people should do if their gonna drink have people take their keys.
dark_princess
Fabulous Killjoy
dark_princess
November 5th, 2006 at 12:40am
thats a good idea
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 5th, 2006 at 12:43pm
Thank you.
green days girl xxx
Killjoy
green days girl xxx
November 5th, 2006 at 01:19pm
no because the people who are drunk and are driving may have had their drink spiked, think they are sobar after a bit and go of but otherwise yea i supose it is
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 5th, 2006 at 01:23pm
There are otherways avoiding drinking and driving..

1.Have a friend call a cab for you and she can drive your car or he..home.
2.Have a friend hide your keys.
3.Stay where you are and tell your folks your spending the night.

People dont stop to think about them Options and some dont listen they think that their fucking strong enough to drive when their not then when they kill someone they wanna cry about it.When they should've listened.
DravenSkye
Killjoy
DravenSkye
November 5th, 2006 at 03:45pm
There really is no reason for anyone to drive while they're drunk. My dad used to do it, because he's stupid, but thankfully he never hurt anyone or himself, and my mom would get so mad at him when he came home hugging the toilet. When me and my friends go out drinking, we always decide BEFORE HAND who is going to be the DD, so that no one is confused about who is able to drink and who is not. So when we all get smashed, we know we have someone who can drive us home safely.
Drunk driving is stupid, but I'm sure there are alot of people out there who are stupid too and will keep doing it, and that's just not cool.

~Draven
Tara Scene
Motor Baby
Tara Scene
November 5th, 2006 at 05:15pm
Im not sure if it can be considered murder because its not like the person said I want to get drunk and kill someone. I do think that the person should be punished for not having enough sense to not drive drunk. I guess in a way it can be considered murder,knid of.
DravenSkye
Killjoy
DravenSkye
November 6th, 2006 at 12:25am
I think if they didn't intentionally kill someone, like premeditated, wouldn't it be considered involuntary manslaughter if they accidently killed someone? I think I saw that somewhere...

~Draven
milly-rose
Killjoy
milly-rose
November 7th, 2006 at 04:04pm
i, very stupidly, got in a car with a drunk driver once. even though i was drunk myself, it was a stupid, STUPID thing to do, luckily nothing happened. but it's something i'd never do again.

as for the murder issue, i pretty much think it's manslaughter, as many people have stated, it's a different case to a cold, calculating, pre-meditating murderer. but thats not to say its any better.

'good' people do stupid things. but if they do, they should face the consequences.
Wil Francis
Joining The Black Parade
Wil Francis
November 26th, 2006 at 05:41pm
wo come people know that they shouldnt drink and drive and do it anyways.i wonder wut the reason.THere are so many commericals about drinking and driving but some people just ignor it which is reely bad.

------Dont sell yourself short 4 the lies and things you did in
lifexxxxxx
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
November 26th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Yes, in fact I DO think of drunk driving as murder.
People CAN control their drunk driving. It's called a designated driver [DD].
There's nothing wrong with drinking, but it's horrible when someone drinks AND drives.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
November 26th, 2006 at 07:04pm
what a lot of you seem to be forgetting is that when you're drunk...you do stupid things.

now before i say this, i want you all to know that i too think drunk driving is stupid. my mom's been caught doing it twice- ironically, the earliest she can get her lisence back this time is on my birthday-and trust me, i got angry about it. i've been in the car when she was "a little tipsy", but i wasn't sure she was at the time. fuck, i let her drive once to pick up my little brother from a friends house, and in retrospect, from the way she was acting it's pretty obvious she'd been at a bar. and i have an aunt who died when her car was struck by a drunk driver, so i know both sides of the story. but it's really not pre-meditated murder. just as there is a difference between planning to kill someone and killing someone in a fit of rage-which is mentioned in the law, if you're so emotionally unstable that you kill someone, your sentence will be different- there is a difference between killing someone on purpose and doing it by accident.

drunk driving is a stupid mistake with terrible consequences- but think, the driver, if he or she is a good person, will punish themselves enough in addition to the vehicular manslaughter sentence.