Don't have an account? Create one!

Drunk Driving.

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 27th, 2006 at 04:16pm
You make a good point, Caitlin.

When alcohol is in the equation, you cannot balance it like you normally could. Alcohol impairs vision, reaction times, mentality, logic, general understanding, etc. Not everyone who drives drunk is a bad person, they just make a bad mistake when under the influence of something that alters their inhibitions.

When a person drives drunk and ends up directly causing the death of another, they have to live with it for the rest of their life. Their mistake, their lapse of judgement, took someone's life.

When people are really into a discussion like this, sometimes it's hard to realize that there is indeed another side to the picture, a human, a creature that is far from infallible, whom is pushed even farther via the use of a mind and body altering substance.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 27th, 2006 at 05:37pm
provehito in altum.:
Do you think of drunk driving as murder? Why or why not?

I don't think you could classify it as 1st degree murder, because you're not literally going "HEY ILL GO DRUNK DRIVING AND KILL SOMEONE WHEE". HOWEVER, you DO know your limits and you DO know you shouldn't drive while alcohol is in your body. I think it can count as second degree murder, or maybe third.

What do you think?

I was thinking more along the line of man slaughter. Unless the person has a history of driving under the influence, then should be charged with 2nd or 3rd degree murder. Then again, some stories are so heartbroken that you think they should go to jail for the same length of time shooting somebody in the head.
Some people know their boundaries when it comes to drinking and whatnot. There is no reason for anyone to get behind a wheel, not even to go a few blocks.

When I was younger, in my very early teens. I knew 3 people that died due to getting in a accident, (Booze was the choice). My friend and her mother and father were driving and were hit head on by a drink driver. Stuff like that should never happen. But yet it does.

This might be off topic, but this really bothers me. ALOT> Danny Heatley a hockey player, was driving very fast (No booze or drugs was involved) Alot faster than the speedlimit, with a teammate in his 2 seater. She spins out of controland smashes into a fence ot pole (Don't remember which) instantly killing his teammate, he did <NO TIME>. He is still playing in the NHL and maing millions, while his late fellow teammate rots in a coffin. What is wrong with this world we live it?
The way I see this one...There was no drugs, booze involved. Just stpuidness and feeling like he needed to play a game of chance, with a fellow teammate's life. Should he have been charged with murder? I think so.

What are your opinions on the ones that speed and drive like nuts, jsut for the thrill of it all?
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
Killjoy
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
April 24th, 2007 at 11:06am
people who go drink driving sometimes aren't even aware that they're drink-driving they go out for a drink and are too drunk to realise what they are doing! No
lot's of people don't even realise they've killed someone they don't mean too in the first place
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 10th, 2007 at 06:20pm
I don't think of it as murder.
But that person must know and understand what they've done and that they will get punished for it. I'm not sure, but who thinks they should get the death penalty? Even though yes I know doing that won't bring the other person back :/
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 10th, 2007 at 10:39pm
i see it as murder, if you know that its against the law to drive while under the influence of alcohol, and you do it anyways, then everything after that is your fault and you deserve to be looked at as a murderer if you kill someone while intoxicated
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 02:48am
Yes thats true
Who thinks they should get the death penalty?
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 12th, 2007 at 06:37pm
the death penelty, hmmm, idk, i guess it depends really. i definetly think that they should sit in jail for a while to reflect on their stupidity, but the death penelty may be a little to harsh, but like i said, it all depends. what do you think?
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 07:48pm
I agree on that they should sit in jail and realize about what they have done......it really depends on the death penalty.
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
Joining The Black Parade
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
November 14th, 2007 at 10:26pm
I could debate this for a long time, but I'll leave it at this:

Whatever degree murder it is, someone died.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
November 16th, 2007 at 10:09am
i gess it is, if the person dies they should be charged because it was their fault for getting drunk in the first place... you should NEVER drink and drive..... my isster just had a big gathering with other skools and they all had a presentation on accidents, the amount of INNOCENT people that die because of some dumbass that thinks he will be able to drive home fine even though he is plastered......
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:42pm
Yes, and thats not good
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 18th, 2007 at 06:49pm
Do you think of drunk driving as murder? Why or why not?

I think it should be considered a type of murder, maybe not 1st like you said, but still. Driving drunk is like throwing a knife at your best friend. Maybe it won't hit them and kill them because you have sucky aim, but maybe it will. Its stupid and reckless. Not to mention what alcohol does to people. I'll never drink in my entire life, it messes with people and screws them up. I've seen what it can do when you drink and drive on the news, it kills people, maybe not all the time, but it doesn't mean you should take the chance. I have nothing against people that drink, but drinking and driving.... you never know what can happen and its one of the stupidest decisions anyone can make.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:51pm
[colo=red]Thats a good example!
I think people shouldn't drink at all[/color]
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 18th, 2007 at 07:18pm
Diana_a7x:
[colo=red]Thats a good example!
I think people shouldn't drink at all[/color]
Exactly. Because who in there right mind would tell their best friend "hey, you stand over there, and I'm gunna try to throw this knife at your head, now, I may miss, but I may not.... I'VE GOT AN IDEA!!!! LETS LEAVE IT UP TO FATE IF YOU DIE OR NOT!!!" Hopefully no one in their right mind would do that.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 07:21pm
Its just plainly stupidity
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 5th, 2008 at 11:18am
I do think that drunk driving is murder, because if your not coherent enough to be behind the wheel then you don't need to be driving. I've lost so many friends because of drunk drivers.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 5th, 2008 at 11:46am
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
I do think that drunk driving is murder, because if your not coherent enough to be behind the wheel then you don't need to be driving. I've lost so many friends because of drunk drivers.
I wouldn't call it murder as such. "Manslaughter" is probably more fitting, because most people who drink drive aren't saying to themselves, "Oh yeah, I'm going to drink drive and go kill innocent people, wooo". It's done mainly by accident. Murder is done with intent.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone drink driving in any way. But I don't think the term 'murder' is fitting.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 5th, 2008 at 12:01pm
I don't think of it as 1st degree murder, because it isn't premeditated, and it wasn't intended to kill someone, it was just an accident. I'm kind of confused about the law on murder, because in different states it is different. I guess iot would come under 3rd degree, cause the intention wasn't death.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 12:20pm
I think drunk driving should be considered a more serious offense. I mean you always here about celebrities getting caught driving drunk, but nothing really happens to them. A lot of people seem to see it as 'oh it's only a DUI'.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 5th, 2008 at 01:34pm
I didn't say that all people go out and mean to kill someone while they're drunk, what I mean was some people will be drinking and driving and then see someone they don't like and may decide to get rid of a threat as they would consider it.