Don't have an account? Create one!

Demolition Lovers

AuthorMessage
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
February 27th, 2008 at 12:11am
I love this song more than anything. It means so much to me. I think the song is suposed to show how much he loves someone; to a point where he is willing to die with them so they can be together forever. I think that is shows some people's dedication to who they love because not many people are like that anymore.
I think where he talks about loading up on liquor and driving with a trunk of ammunition means that he is going to drink with her so the pain won't be as severe when they commit suicide together. The trunk of ammuntion part, i think is for how he will drive into something with the trunk of ammunition and when he hits whatever it is the car will explode.
The song always makes me sad, and happy at the same time when I hear it. Sad because they are going to commit suicide, but happy because they are willing to commit suicide just so they can die together and live together forever in the after life.
He keeps talking throughout the song about how he wants to show her that he loves her. I think that when he says this he means that he cant wait to shw her how much he loves her and how dedicated he is to her. He will show her by commiting suicide with her.
They seem to both have had long lives that were filled with sadness and misery, so they thought that it might have helped to just die together.
When I listen to this song i overload with emotions, because i wish a guy was willing to commit suicide with me so he could be with me forever.<3
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 15th, 2008 at 04:15pm
Wow. this song just takes my breath away. it is one of those songs that you just have to listen to like 30 times in a row.

this i think, is just such an emotional song!
DanYELLDAMAGED
Killjoy
DanYELLDAMAGED
April 26th, 2008 at 08:26am
Not really that important but I'm my opinion Gerard was probably totally in love with this girl but he felt he could not prove how much he didn't want to lose her and when they did fall apart he was angry but he just wanted to say even though all the anger he felt for her he doesn't regret his time with her but wanted to show he loved her alot but he couldn't (gathering since I Brought You My Bullets... the inside bit says "To K: Sorry i wrote all these songs about killing you but i hope the last one makes up for it - or something along those lines- and every song is showing his anger apart from the last bit which is kinda reflecting the good parts of their relationship)

this is my favorite MCR song it makes me think about the good times and also kinda shows even though all the anger and stuff you can always have a bit of happiness and makes me remember great memories
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
May 4th, 2008 at 08:02pm
I guess we sorta see Gerard's romantic side in this song to show how much he really cared for this girl he was with. That even though I'm sure they had rough times like him being away and touring and them being away from each other and thats when Gerard barely started off with his drug issues going on and just willing to die in a gun battle to be with this other person along it going along with the story for three cheers
I'm Keepin' Faith.
Joining The Black Parade
I'm Keepin' Faith.
May 30th, 2008 at 11:16pm
I love this song so much. /=
For English we were doing poetry and had to analyze a song because music is poetry.
And I picked this one and had to say what each line means to me. I never knew how deep or far out I could go until that.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
June 1st, 2008 at 04:39pm
well on the bullets case gee says "k-sorry i talk about killing you in so many of these songs.... i hope the last one makes up for it"
the last one is demolition lovers and if you really listen to the lyrics it about him saying about how they would die for eachother and/or with eachother if it meant the only way of being together
so basicaly the whole things about is about all the shit he wished would happen to this girl but in the end he still really loves her
favorite song
Demolition Lover 85
Killjoy
Demolition Lover 85
June 10th, 2008 at 12:09pm
I just watched "Natural born killers" for the first time. Yeah they defintally got the movie tied into this song! I love it even more now. love the line in the movie where she says "We'll go out in a hail of bullets" b/c my favorite line in Demolition Lovers is "I'll end my days with you in a hail of bullets" I tell my husband that all the time.
Moonlight Seeker
Killjoy
Moonlight Seeker
July 6th, 2008 at 07:52pm
Demolition Lovers is really a deep song.Crying or Very sad I think that it is not only about the ending of a relationship and how far someone would go to save it(death), but is also about the ''life goes on'' and the ''I am not afraid to keep on living''. But it is also notable to me that the ''keep on living'' thing means only something like: «i'm trying to live without you, but you will always be here.We will always live in my heart.»
I mean this, because it says:
"Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning forever and ever"

In resume: He is still loving her, but he knows life goes on, so he tries lo live without her. But she will always mean a lot to him. She will always be the one that he would die for.

Just my opinion ! Smile

(sorry for the long post) Smile
Rawr...And I mean it
Killjoy
Rawr...And I mean it
July 7th, 2008 at 09:22am
I read in the thank you's Gerard wrote that song for Katmandu, his girlfriend
"To K, sorry about writing all those songs about killing you. I hope the last one will make up for it"
Moonlight Seeker
Killjoy
Moonlight Seeker
July 7th, 2008 at 09:25am
AlannahlovesBob:
"To K, sorry about writing all those songs about killing you. I hope the last one will make up for it"

Yeah, you're right. That's one of the reasons why I feel that the song is about a passion that (in some ways) will last forever.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
July 19th, 2008 at 06:08am
This was the first MCR song I listened to.I cried like a baby (and I still do) . Once I even listened to it all day long.It's my favorite song...
I think that the song is about how much you can love someone and you can do anything for him...even to die.
Forget_Me_Not
Killjoy
Forget_Me_Not
July 26th, 2008 at 02:59pm
For me this song means the true love. It shows what you can do when you really care about that person and you'd do anything to be with him/her. Even to die...
Kid-From-Yesterday
Killjoy
Kid-From-Yesterday
July 28th, 2008 at 08:26pm
I've read it before.
Its about Gerard's girlfriend who he had during Bullets
and they were having relationship struggles.
Gerard was trying to show her how much he luvs her.
But I do also believe what this site says.
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
August 24th, 2008 at 12:01pm
Alannah Loves Bob:
HA that's who lives with them on google earth... okay so i stalk him in a sense of never meeting him... all it said was that KAtmandu DOnna Donald Gerard Mikey and Olivia (his daughter? more like his dog) lived in the house in 2001. i think this song is about lovers and how they never want to leave eachothers lives but as long as they stay together their okay and like one of the post aboves said they comit suicide together. and will see eachother in the afterlife.
Tattered_Heart
Killjoy
Tattered_Heart
October 1st, 2008 at 05:09pm
To me this it means his desire to prove to her that he can change. And that he is sorry for everything he's ever done to hurt her. Also that he's willing to do anything, literally anything, to get her back. Also i think that its not the conventional love song, about how someone cheated or regular drama. I think this song has real meaning and that it is more then just another song. It's a song that makes me think. And I like that. In fact I love that. [Demolition Lovers] (I'm trying to show you just how much you mean to me)
vacant3by4-
Killjoy
vacant3by4-
October 18th, 2008 at 08:29pm
On the back of bullets when it's talking about who Gerard would like to thank it says something like;
k : sorry for writing all these songs about killing you, i hope the last one makes up for it.

and demolition lovers is the last one. dunno if that gives anyone any new ideas.
TheSaneAbandonedMe
Killjoy
TheSaneAbandonedMe
October 20th, 2008 at 01:47pm
this is my fav song of all time. i think its about how he is showing how much he loves someone. i heard that one time he said that he makes too many songs where the lover dies or is dead. he wanted a song that was different. this song show EXACTLY how i feel about this one guy.
frank'smyhero_22
Jazz Hands
frank'smyhero_22
October 28th, 2008 at 02:04am
for me??i think it's a promise.... that whatever happens... they will love each other truly... till death....
Devilhunter318
Killjoy
Devilhunter318
November 5th, 2008 at 10:25pm
Its about 2 bonnie and Clyde style lovers getting gunned down

P.S. the deal with Satan is from three cheers
clockworkfan
Killjoy
clockworkfan
November 6th, 2008 at 10:21pm
i think its about bonnie and clyde because it says theyll die in a hail of bullets