Don't have an account? Create one!

Demolition Lovers

AuthorMessage
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 10th, 2007 at 12:15am
Viendork:
to blazing_six-guns:hmmm...i think he had a girlfriend named Olivia. maybe Katamandu is someone close to him's nickname?

Oh, thanks for the info.!!! =D

I never knew a lot about MCR's 'personal' lives and such.
Tragic_Affairs
Killjoy
Tragic_Affairs
April 12th, 2007 at 09:32am
arsonist; edlaine:
C y a n i d e ':
I heard somewhere that it's about 2 lovers who get blown apart ["All we are is bullets"] and they end in purgatory. The guy makes a deal with Satan that if he kills 1000 evil men then he will get his lover back.
And it's why they came up with the album Three Cheers.

"A story of a man. A woman. And the corpses of 1000 evil men."

Yeah. That is off 3 Cheers.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 21st, 2007 at 12:32pm
i think this song is about the same girl as in early sunset over monroville ,,(dont know how to write it)...
i mean we just know that they ran away together but what happend in the mean time,,
,,well that what i thinkVery Happy
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 21st, 2007 at 03:39pm
i agree that this song is an intro to the concept of the Revenge album. from analyzing that album, i think that this is when the one of the lovers die [obviously], in a gun fight. i think that they are running away we could take to the highway/with this trunk of ammunition, too or maybe going after someone, and the woman doesn't know why like a bed of roses, there's a dozen reasons/in/this/gun but in the end, the man dies. i actually imagine the part when everything goes quiet right before the "all we are is bullets" part is when the man is falling & dying, and everything is chaotic but he can't hear anything and he can see his lover reaching for him and they're able to touch hands, but she's taken away by the evil men, and that's the last thing he sees before he dies.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
May 3rd, 2007 at 12:11pm
I love this song its so beautiful. It's about them about a couple never being able to be together.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 3rd, 2007 at 01:10pm
philosopher of mcr:
this song is one of the best songs eva written music and lyrics.it is a bonnie and clyde style story two crimminal lovers on the run from tho cops.the male is confessing his feelings to his lover.he is aware of how this is going to end"i'd end my days with you
In a hail of bullets" but for the moment they are ok and the music reflects this.The music gets louder and instruments are played more forcefully giving the feeling the cops are right behind them and Gerards voice reflects that of a man who is willing to end it with his lover but wants her to no how much she means to him before he goes"I'm trying
I'm trying to let you know how much you mean
As days fade
And nights grow
And we grow cold"when music builds to a powerful and sudden end the lovers have been caught and in a final run for it are being gunned down"All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this"(in The solo section listen to the drums they give the efeect of fistly slomo gun firing then speeds up to real time and sounds like a machine gun)These are the bullets penertrating the lovers.The final lines the women is dieing in his arms(refered to in the ghost of you) as they are falling down he looks into her eyes one last time still trying to make sure she knows that he is hers come what may.and she dies just before him and he is left sceaming that they are forever before he dies.

Hell, yes. It's a rarity that I completely agree with anyone, but I'm with you on this.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 8th, 2007 at 03:21pm
A very, very touching and meaningful song...As others say it's simply about a couple, the demolition lovers, trying to be together... And this whole song does seem like a preview for the whole concept of the Revenge album...
XanythingXyouXwantX
Killjoy
XanythingXyouXwantX
May 9th, 2007 at 05:30am
this song makes me think of romeo and juliet, 'demolition lovers' pretty much sums up the story
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 9th, 2007 at 11:42pm
well it's definitely about the story, in a literal sense, but it's also about two people in love who will do ANYTHING and go to any stretch to be together.
one of my favorite my chem songs ferrsure.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
May 10th, 2007 at 04:51am
It makes me cry, this song but I luv it!!!! and I agree with the person above. Very Happy
bloodyangel
Killjoy
bloodyangel
May 11th, 2007 at 02:56pm
this song is so meaningful to me....
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 02:01pm
XanythingXyouXwantX:
this song makes me think of romeo and juliet, 'demolition lovers' pretty much sums up the story

i agree
i love this song
xxxdarkangelxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxdarkangelxxx
May 16th, 2007 at 09:05am
this is a song about Gerard's former girlfriend...
Sexual Innuendo.
Killjoy
Sexual Innuendo.
May 16th, 2007 at 07:15pm
As I said to my friend Megan once:

It's the most beautiful, morbid love song you will ever hear.
thnkhppythghts13
Killjoy
thnkhppythghts13
May 16th, 2007 at 08:10pm
Tickle-Me Emo:
As I said to my friend Megan once:

It's the most beautiful, morbid love song you will ever hear.
makes sense... but honestly, i think it has something to do with going away with the person he loves, almost like no one wants them together... something maybe doing with that?
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:29pm
About being with someone or wating to be with someone and you feel like you would die for them
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
May 20th, 2007 at 07:24pm
It's about a guy (Gerard) trying to show to the one he loves that he loves her so much that he would die for her. She doesn't really believe him though so hes doing all he can to prove it to her.
Sarah Vengeance
Bleeding on the Floor
Sarah Vengeance
May 21st, 2007 at 01:53pm
The song, Demolition Lovers, is a story about two lovers. Two lovers bound to do whatever it takes to be together. “And then I'd say to you, we could take to the highway, with this trunk of ammunition, too, I'd end my days with you, in a hail of bullets” This phrase, simply means, that the man would end his days, his life, just to be with her. He would give his life up. They would run away to be together, and if they got caught, they would die, so they could be together. The lovers know that what they are doing is wrong. Someone that means a lot to them thinks this is wrong. Think of the classic tale of Romeo and Juliet. The families didn’t get along. ”I'll let you know just how much you mean to me, as snow falls, on desert sky, until the end of everything.” To show her how much she means to him, he will take his life. He would lay his life down, for her. ”As days fade, and nights grow, and we grow cold” As they lay under ground, they will grow cold, and the nights meaning dark times (mourning) will grow in number. The number of happy days for the families of the two will slowly fade. “But this time, we'll show them. We'll show them all how much we mean” is saying that they will prove to their parents that their love is real and the families just lost the most valuable things they had. “Know how much I want to show you you're the only one.” This girl is the only one for him. He knows that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Even though with the way things are, life might not be too much longer. The song ends out, “And in this pool of blood, I'll meet your eyes. I mean this. Forever.” As they fall to the darkest of their days, they will see each other and know that they did this because they loved each other. Not just because they thought they were in “love,” but because they meant it. They knew in their minds and hearts that they were meant to be together. There is no hesitation in their decision. This song goes hand in hand with the next album, “Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge” Where the tagline on the back of the album is “A man, a woman and the corpses of a thousand evil men.” He will go as far, and do whatever it takes, to have her back with him. After “Three Cheers” they transform into the black parade. The album ends with the song “Famous Last Words” which says, he is not afraid to walk this world alone...so you kind of figure that he finally lost the battle to have his true love. From the sounds of the song though, he is okay with that. Demolition Lovers is a song that from the outside is a song about two people in love. After people listen to the other albums, they will realize that it is much more. It’s a story...of a man, a woman and the hope of true love, even if it means taking lives.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 21st, 2007 at 02:52pm
I dunno, I don't think that "three cheers" and "black parade" are related. Unless the "Patient" is the Demolition Lover. Is that what you're saying?^^^
Sarah Vengeance
Bleeding on the Floor
Sarah Vengeance
May 25th, 2007 at 01:12pm
Sorta... like, he is slowly dying.. if that makes sense. his love for her.. is dying. yet he cant get rid of it.. as if it were Cancer.