Don't have an account? Create one!

Demolition Lovers

AuthorMessage
GetRevenge1124
Killjoy
GetRevenge1124
June 1st, 2007 at 02:21pm
this is the saddest song i know and i listen to it whenever i get emotionally abused in anyway because it makes me feel like someone else is going through the same shit.

even thoguht that has nothing to do with the meaning it still has that effect
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 2nd, 2007 at 02:01pm
GetRevenge1124:
this is the saddest song i know and i listen to it whenever i get emotionally abused in anyway because it makes me feel like someone else is going through the same shit.

even thoguht that has nothing to do with the meaning it still has that effect

It is a really strong song although the song is based on a sort of story created by Gerard a still amazing song.
shippo
Killjoy
shippo
June 8th, 2007 at 07:01am
i think its about bonnie and clyde they taked the highway with a trunk of ammunition and they end there days in a HAIL of bullets! and in this pool of blood...
mindro
Killjoy
mindro
June 21st, 2007 at 11:20am
this is one of my songs...
this girl, named Bekka. We seriously have been through alot.
and while...i may still love her and it's not returned now, this is our song.
she used ot say she listened to this song every night and cried when she was missing me and we werent together.
this song brings so much emotional baggage for me.
as for the meaning, im almost sure its a dedication to someone he loves, or can be universal, to anyone to show how much they love someone.
its strange, im in love with someone else, but i still miss Bekka.
idk..
Greg Sanders.
Fabulous Killjoy
Greg Sanders.
July 1st, 2007 at 02:59am
arsonist; edlaine:
C y a n i d e ':
I heard somewhere that it's about 2 lovers who get blown apart ["All we are is bullets"] and they end in purgatory. The guy makes a deal with Satan that if he kills 1000 evil men then he will get his lover back.
And it's why they came up with the album Three Cheers.

"A story of a man. A woman. And the corpses of 1000 evil men."
pretty damn aweosme Very Happy
into-your-icy-BLUES
Killjoy
into-your-icy-BLUES
July 6th, 2007 at 06:52am
I'm sure ALOT of people have already said this...
some people say K, some Kay.. it's Kat actually Wink
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 4th, 2007 at 06:34am
I know this might sound crazy, but when ever I listen to this song. I feel like crying for some reason.
kurbst0mp_
Killjoy
kurbst0mp_
August 8th, 2007 at 02:53pm
this song really really hurts for me .
last year, my brother and his girlfriend were very much on drugs and alcohol, and both my parents and her parents didnt want them to be together . it's a little like romeo and juliet . And they ran away a few times, and they tried a lot of times to kill themselves . i'm not going to go into detail, because i don't know who is reading this, but this song is really special for me .
my brother and his girlfriend eventually broke up, when she dumped him for his best friend, who is still with her to this day .
my brother has since sobered up and is one of my biggest idols . i love him to death .

but this song really does hurt for me .
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 11th, 2007 at 01:33pm
KooteHeartsMCRyeah?:
this song really really hurts for me .
last year, my brother and his girlfriend were very much on drugs and alcohol, and both my parents and her parents didnt want them to be together . it's a little like romeo and juliet . And they ran away a few times, and they tried a lot of times to kill themselves . i'm not going to go into detail, because i don't know who is reading this, but this song is really special for me .
my brother and his girlfriend eventually broke up, when she dumped him for his best friend, who is still with her to this day .
my brother has since sobered up and is one of my biggest idols . i love him to death .

but this song really does hurt for me .

God, I feel sorry for your brother.
Sad
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:19am
This one is very easy.
Any mcr fan should be capable of figuring this one out.
Gerard said this song was about his ex girlfriend and he ws tring to let her know that he loves her eternaly.And in the end they both die together.

"and in this pool of blood,and as were' falling down"
that pretty much tells you the meaning.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:20am
It's one of my FAVORITES!'the song is legendary dude.
Vacant3by4
Jazz Hands
Vacant3by4
August 14th, 2007 at 01:19am
Fluffy Bunny of Doom:
I seem to think this is about doing whatever yuo can to be with the one you truely love...even if hat thing is death beacuse you know truely deep down inside you life without that person is a a living hell...and we are portrayed as bullets..just used,wasted really and destroying the lifes of others..but in the end we can be together and nothing can stop it ever.
Yeah i have a weird sense when it comes to these things but it also calls out to me
"Love conquers all"

I agree totally.
I think Demolition Lovers is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.
♥
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 14th, 2007 at 01:34am
trust-me;:
Fluffy Bunny of Doom:
I seem to think this is about doing whatever yuo can to be with the one you truely love...even if hat thing is death beacuse you know truely deep down inside you life without that person is a a living hell...and we are portrayed as bullets..just used,wasted really and destroying the lifes of others..but in the end we can be together and nothing can stop it ever.
Yeah i have a weird sense when it comes to these things but it also calls out to me
"Love conquers all"

I agree totally.
I think Demolition Lovers is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.
♥
YES,one of their best.and one of my favorites!
WhorerMovie
Killjoy
WhorerMovie
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:50am

okay, so i could be way off here...
but the line "all we are is bullets"...
i recently began thinking it could mean that people in general are bullets, i.e. that they hurt each other?

mcrgirl7
Killjoy
mcrgirl7
September 1st, 2007 at 10:50pm
arsonist; edlaine:
C y a n i d e ':
I heard somewhere that it's about 2 lovers who get blown apart ["All we are is bullets"] and they end in purgatory. The guy makes a deal with Satan that if he kills 1000 evil men then he will get his lover back.
And it's why they came up with the album Three Cheers.

"A story of a man. A woman. And the corpses of 1000 evil men."

Ya I agree with these guys.
You're so cool
Killjoy
You're so cool
September 23rd, 2007 at 10:34pm
anyone ever heard them play this song live? I never hear them even talk about it and its my favorite my chem song, hands down. it saddens me.
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:45am
basically, it's about true love
chemicalsatthedisco
Jazz Hands
chemicalsatthedisco
October 4th, 2007 at 02:05am
i think its about 2 dead lovers. maybe one went to hell and the other heaven? maybe idk tho
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 11th, 2007 at 11:48am
Basically, if you listen VERY carefully to the song (which is so darn great by the way), the story of the song revolves more around a man, trying to get back the woman he loves dearly. He doesn't care whether they die a peaceful death or get shot down (as with the case of the line "...I'd end my days with you in a hale of bullets). He's striving hard to let her know that he has loved her all the way, and as they die, he tries and wants to bring her back.

Finally, he makes a deal with Satan, that if he brings Satan a thousand corpses, Satan would bring him back the girl. That concept was continued in Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, which started with Helena (a song meant for Mikey and Gerard's grandma),which might have suggested to be a funeral for the woman in Demolition Lovers, other than being a song about their grandma. It ended with "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living", which might suggest what the man did in order to get back his woman.

Demolition Lovers is a very strong song, which shaped the whole concept of Bullets and was the inspiration to continue the concept in Three Cheers.
Aaron Gillespie.
Salute You in Your Grave
Aaron Gillespie.
October 20th, 2007 at 10:04pm
to me this a genuine love story told in an artistic way-MCR.
it is one of my very favorite songs. i think he is saying how much he loves her, and he would take anything and everything that he has ever done to hurt her back. he loves her... and its killing him. he would kill himself for her.
(thats my take, anyway)

[Hand in mine...
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets...
I'm trying To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through
and I would drive on to the end with you
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you...
As lead rains, will pass on through our phantoms
Forever, forever
Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning
Forever, and ever
Know how much I want to show you you're the only one
Like a bed of roses there's a dozen reasons in this gun
I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever]