Don't have an account? Create one!

Demolition Lovers

AuthorMessage
bulletts858
Killjoy
bulletts858
January 30th, 2007 at 12:32pm
If you look on the thank you's for I brought you my bulletts gerard thanks a girl and then says "I am sorry for killining you in all of the songs, I hope the last song makes up for it" So I am thinking that this girl who he refers to as Kat, is his girlfriend and that is sorta a love song for her to make up for all the other songs.
demolitionlover1031
Jazz Hands
demolitionlover1031
January 30th, 2007 at 04:37pm
I defintely think its about a love stronger than death, worth dying, together..in a pool of blood.
So romantic.
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 5th, 2007 at 11:06pm
This song is about two lovers that go out into the desert to commit suicide together, the song is about the lovers wanting to be together even in death, never wanting to leave each other. Also it gives a story for Revenge to follow because, the man has to kill 1,000 evil men to get her back . But she was never really dead, so actually he killed all of those people for the devil to find that she was really alive the whole time.
CreepyRomance
Killjoy
CreepyRomance
February 7th, 2007 at 07:30am
I think it's about very stormy relationship and girl still thinks that he doesn't love her and he's trying to tell her he really loves her: *I'm trying, I'm trying to let you know how much you mean to me*
But she still doesn't believe so he'll do one thing that he allways wanted to: die with
her: *I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets*
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 13th, 2007 at 08:00pm
Firith To Ashes:
This must be my fave song of MCR... I just love it! I really don't know why Gee wrote this song, but it's amazing...
To me is the story of a guy that loves his gf way too much and the only way to prove himself to her is actually showing her that's he'd die for her (I'm trying to let you know just how much you mean to me). But he wants her to die for him as well. So with the song he tells that he wants to die with her (I'll end my days with you in a hail of bullets)
But the part I still can't get is if both kill themselves or he kills her and then kills himself...
Thoughts anyone???

**There's an undercover masoquism in my liking this particular song...

i think that they go on a suicide mission, but maybe the cops are after him for some reason, and they get killed by the cops instead of killing themselves. this song reminds me of Bonnie and Clyde. I love this song too, yay Demolition Lovers!!! = )
frankiexcorreee
Killjoy
frankiexcorreee
February 13th, 2007 at 08:50pm
about 2 lovers who fall in love with eachother and gerard is trying to show his lover how much he means to her.
to blazing_six-guns:
i dont think gerard wants them to kill themselfes. He just is saying that he loves that person and that hes saying 'but this time, i mean it, ill let you know just how much you mean to me' its like saying he would do anything to be with that person even die with that person, might be his gf though
Smile
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 14th, 2007 at 01:36pm
frankiexcorreee:
about 2 lovers who fall in love with eachother and gerard is trying to show his lover how much he means to her.
to blazing_six-guns:
i dont think gerard wants them to kill themselfes. He just is saying that he loves that person and that hes saying 'but this time, i mean it, ill let you know just how much you mean to me' its like saying he would do anything to be with that person even die with that person, might be his gf though
Smile

ohhh. i get it now =D
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
February 14th, 2007 at 10:34pm
this song is one of the best songs eva written music and lyrics.it is a bonnie and clyde style story two crimminal lovers on the run from tho cops.the male is confessing his feelings to his lover.he is aware of how this is going to end"i'd end my days with you
In a hail of bullets" but for the moment they are ok and the music reflects this.The music gets louder and instruments are played more forcefully giving the feeling the cops are right behind them and Gerards voice reflects that of a man who is willing to end it with his lover but wants her to no how much she means to him before he goes"I'm trying
I'm trying to let you know how much you mean
As days fade
And nights grow
And we grow cold"when music builds to a powerful and sudden end the lovers have been caught and in a final run for it are being gunned down"All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this"(in The solo section listen to the drums they give the efeect of fistly slomo gun firing then speeds up to real time and sounds like a machine gun)These are the bullets penertrating the lovers.The final lines the women is dieing in his arms(refered to in the ghost of you) as they are falling down he looks into her eyes one last time still trying to make sure she knows that he is hers come what may.and she dies just before him and he is left sceaming that they are forever before he dies.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 15th, 2007 at 04:33pm
philosopher of mcr:
this song is one of the best songs eva written music and lyrics.it is a bonnie and clyde style story two crimminal lovers on the run from tho cops.the male is confessing his feelings to his lover.he is aware of how this is going to end"i'd end my days with you
In a hail of bullets" but for the moment they are ok and the music reflects this.The music gets louder and instruments are played more forcefully giving the feeling the cops are right behind them and Gerards voice reflects that of a man who is willing to end it with his lover but wants her to no how much she means to him before he goes"I'm trying
As days fade
And nights grow
And we grow cold"when music builds to a powerful and sudden end the lovers have been caught and in a final run for it are being gunned down"All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this"(in The solo section listen to the drums they give the efeect of fistly slomo gun firing then speeds up to real time and sounds like a machine gun)These are the bullets penertrating the lovers.The final lines the women is dieing in his arms(refered to in the ghost of you) as they are falling down he looks into her eyes one last time still trying to make sure she knows that he is hers come what may.and she dies just before him and he is left sceaming that they are forever before he dies.

wow, you know your stuff. i totally agree with your analysis - it's very in depth. this is one of my all time favorite songs!!! bonnie and clyde were really awesome! : )
Monsun
Killjoy
Monsun
March 4th, 2007 at 11:04am
The story of the "Demolition Lovers", two criminals who commit many crimes together, not-unlike a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde, who are ultimately gunned down in a desert.
:]
krank
Killjoy
krank
March 18th, 2007 at 12:11pm
Sarah Vengeance:
C y a n i d e ':
I heard somewhere that it's about 2 lovers who get blown apart ["All we are is bullets"] and they end in purgatory. The guy makes a deal with Satan that if he kills 1000 evil men then he will get his lover back.

Yeah... then it goes to 3 cheers which i think is amazing this ongoing story. gerard has such invisionment of what he writes. I dont think he gets his lover back because in I Never Told You What I Do For A Living it ends with "They gave us two shots in the back of the end and we're all dead now..." which then makes me wonder if he did have her back. But then they die which leads into the Black Parade. He is dead, joining the black parade and EVENTUALLY he might end up with his lover once again.

i never thought about that.
good connection.
this is probably on of my favorite mcr songs ever. && if anyone ever gives me a mixtape this better be on it. lmao.
Tealia
Killjoy
Tealia
March 22nd, 2007 at 09:50am
From what I see/hear in this song.. And from what Gerard possibly said..

It's like a strange form of Bonnie and Clyde story and Gerard's life mixed together. I can't say much about the whole Bonnie and Clyde stuff, other than that they died in an ambush of bullets basically. Gerard led a life of rocky relationships also, so basically this song is like representing his life of lost relationships and connecting it slightly to Bonnie and Clyde's relationship and death.

Eh.. Sometimes I don't make sense. xD
I Am The Used
Fabulous Killjoy
I Am The Used
March 28th, 2007 at 11:40am
Demolition Lovers is the Final chapter of the story af a man and a woman who have lived a life on the run from the law and meet there end in a bloody gun fight in the deasert
Viendork
Killjoy
Viendork
April 2nd, 2007 at 09:23pm
Hmm...maybe i'm wrong,but ifyou notice,all 3 albums kinda have some linkage in some songs."Demolition Lovers" is about a guy willing to die with his lover,and then you know he makes a deal with satan and then that links to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.That last song in Revenge,"I Never Told You What I Do For A Living",the guy gets shot in the back of the head,everyone's dead and he can be with his love.Now,in "The Black Parade",that's about after you die.So it's like the afterlife. But the Black Parade in a way kinda doesn't fit. Who knows,maybe the song was just for the girl K in the little booklet,or maybe we're right,or maybe,we're just thinking up stuff.But we might really have a concept.Like i said,who knows.
psychokilla1113
Killjoy
psychokilla1113
April 7th, 2007 at 12:12pm
i dunno but this song sounds kinda like a Sid and Nancy type of story with the pool of blood and the liquor store and stuff so maybe he's talking about his rough relationship with someone
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
April 7th, 2007 at 11:45pm
"Hand in mine
Into your icy blues"
The two lovers are holding hands, he's looking in her eyes.

"And then I'd say to you
We could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition, too
"I'd end my days with you
In a hail of bullets"
I think they've commited a lot of crimes and want to run away. They bring "ammunition to defend themselves from police and he doesn't mind dying with her by being shot down.

"And after all the things we put each other through"
They still love eachother even though they've fought a lot.

"And I would drive on to the end with you"
Again, talking about running away.

"But this time
I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me"
Self explanetory.

"As snow falls
On desert sky
Until the end of everything"
When it's snowy, it's cold, which may be used as a metaphor for sad or something else like that. Deserts are usually places where you are alone, nobody to talk to. Deserts are also not always a large area with ton of sand, it's just any place that is deserted.Meaning this desert place he talks about may very well be a snowy, cold place with no people around and stuff. So it sounds like he's saying he'll be miserable and lonely until he dies? I don't know..

"As days fade
And nights grow
And we grow cold"
After they die, their bodies will get cold as the days and nights pass.

"Until the end
Until this pool of blood"
They'll be happy together until they end their lives and they will probably bleed, which usually makes a pool of blood on the ground, as I'm sure you know.

"But this time
We'll show them
We'll show them all how much we mean"
Trying to prove a point. Maybe they stole food to survive, or something like that? doesn't make much sense, I know...

"As lead rains
Pass on through"
I'm told lead is poisonus, so if it rains lead I'm sure it's not going to be good. And that could be a metaphor for something.

"Our phantoms
Forever forever"
Their phantoms will roam the earth forever...? Neutral I dunno..

"Like scarecrows
That fuel this flame"
Scarecrows are lifeless and don't do anything you know? Maybe they are using them to talk about uptight, unkind, money-hungry people who wouldn't lend you a quarter if he had to or you would die. Their attitude could "fuel this flame", the flame being their anger with these heartless people.

"We're burning
Forever and ever"
They'll be angry with those people forever.

"Know how much I want to show you you're the only one"
He wants to prove to her that he is not cheating.

"And as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood
And as we're touching hands..
And as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood..
And as we're falling down
I'll see your eyes
And in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes
I mean this
Forever"
First it's describing that they've been shot down, falling down, in a pool of blood, holding hands or at least trying to. As they are doing these things, they are thinking about their lives and wondering if they did good. He sees her eyes.. Well, if you were dying next to your lover, what do you think you would stare at? I'm sure it would be their eyes. People seem to think eyes are so beautiful and tell a lot about a person, if that makes sense. The "I mean this, forever" part sounds like he is telling her that everything he's told her, about loving her as well as stuff in the song, is true and he'll mean it forever. I think that part sounds like screaming and suddenly stops is because hes using his last breathe to tell her something, and suddenly he's dead.

But that's just my opinion...
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 9th, 2007 at 09:45pm
Viendork:
Hmm...maybe i'm wrong,but ifyou notice,all 3 albums kinda have some linkage in some songs."Demolition Lovers" is about a guy willing to die with his lover,and then you know he makes a deal with satan and then that links to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.That last song in Revenge,"I Never Told You What I Do For A Living",the guy gets shot in the back of the head,everyone's dead and he can be with his love.Now,in "The Black Parade",that's about after you die.So it's like the afterlife. But the Black Parade in a way kinda doesn't fit. Who knows,maybe the song was just for the girl K in the little booklet,or maybe we're right,or maybe,we're just thinking up stuff.But we might really have a concept.Like i said,who knows.

when reading who MCR wanted to thank on the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge lyric thing Gerard says:

"To Katmandu: Love to you and take care of Olivia when I'm on the road."

I have no idea what he's talking about, can anyone explain? : /
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 9th, 2007 at 09:53pm
psychokilla1113:
i dunno but this song sounds kinda like a Sid and Nancy type of story with the pool of blood and the liquor store and stuff so maybe he's talking about his rough relationship with someone

Do you mean Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen? I looked it up on Court Tv's Crime Library =D
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
April 9th, 2007 at 10:56pm
philosopher of mcr:
As days fade
And nights grow
All we are is bullets

That was such a freaking perfect analysis that I literally got tears in my eyes.
I've never really thought about it that way before.
Viendork
Killjoy
Viendork
April 9th, 2007 at 10:57pm
to blazing_six-guns:hmmm...i think he had a girlfriend named Olivia. maybe Katamandu is someone close to him's nickname?