Don't have an account? Create one!

Demolition Lovers

AuthorMessage
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
October 21st, 2007 at 03:17am
the song is way too beautiful for words and some people just can't see that.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
October 21st, 2007 at 08:41am
I love this song so much
and the lyrics are so touching yet sad.

I love how the lyrics are about loving someone so much, never letting her go alone, standing up with her through it all... and just how someone means so much to him.

Everything I like in a song is here, it's tragic, sweet, beautiful, sad and very creative.
CrimsonxRegret
Killjoy
CrimsonxRegret
October 28th, 2007 at 01:09am
God, I love this song. So much. It makes me cry sometimes. The lyrics are beautiful... the song itself is beautiful. It has made me really emotional in the past.
StarFall
Killjoy
StarFall
November 17th, 2007 at 11:54am
everyone i've spoken too has their own interpretations of this song.
i think its about love bordering on obsession
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 20th, 2007 at 04:00pm
This is the song that really turned me on to how great "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" is. Very Happy

I'd say this definitely ties into -- and ties up -- the concept for "IBYMB...".

I love the dead sound in his voice when he first starts singing, "They gave us two shots in the back of the head."
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 21st, 2007 at 01:54am
I just love when everything just stops and all you hear is guitar and then him quietly singing "All we are, we are, is bullets I mean this"
Moonlight Seeker
Killjoy
Moonlight Seeker
December 26th, 2007 at 06:47pm
StarFall:
everyone i've spoken too has their own interpretations of this song.
i think its about love bordering on obsession

I asked the same thing I dind't get a match on the answers...
Well, I think it is the one that really has the meaning right there...He is trying to make up all the things he did wrong (I think that those are the other songs..) on that 'relationship', ... Somehow, the other part was getting distant and forgetting 'how much it means for him'... he's trying to remember it, to give the intention that he still wants it (« and I would drive until the end with you»)

The song's amazing, and that's what really matters
demolitionlvr22
Killjoy
demolitionlvr22
January 6th, 2008 at 01:15am
okay.. i think demolition lovers is just about a couple going through really rough times. they cant be together and yet they made it through. or are at least trying.

dont take the whole bullet things seriously. its not a literal concept. most of MCR's music ISNT literal. im not okay doesnt count. Razz lol. but yeah simply put: beating the odds.

btw: im pretty sure it is about a former lover of gerard's. 6 year girlfriend, i think. but dont kill me if im wrong. Very Happy
griselda2011
Killjoy
griselda2011
January 8th, 2008 at 11:39pm
what i think this song is about is him and his lover running away together and hes doing that to show her that he doesn't care about anyone but her so they running away but their not really going any ware, just running away so the evil men don't get them. He only wants to be with her and hes admitting that their starting a new life together because he messed up in the past and he is willing to do anything for them to stay to gather and he has a gun because he wants to show her that he will do anything for her. The last part after the songs guitar solo (which rocks by the way), he is imagining what could happen and what he wants to happen after he defeats the evil 100 men.
griselda2011
Killjoy
griselda2011
January 8th, 2008 at 11:45pm
oh, and their sings are al about poetry and stories, and theri past lifes.

has anyone ever read the ambrella academy? is it anygood?
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
January 14th, 2008 at 10:41am
This song is pretty much all about doing anything for love

From what I can tell, the two lovers are like Bonnie & Clyde, being chased by the police so they have to leave town...which is what the lyrics 'We can take to the highway' relate to

After running from the police, they're caught & are both shot...

'And in this pool of blood' all that, it's about them both being shot
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 14th, 2008 at 03:34pm
The fact that it's the last track on the album blows me away.
It's so genious.
Gerard is a genious.
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
January 31st, 2008 at 11:56am
when u read gerards thanks in the CD box of bullets he says 'to K sorry i wrote all those songs about killing you hope the last song makes up for it' and the last song is this one so i think it meant something to him
tragic regrets.
Bleeding on the Floor
tragic regrets.
February 4th, 2008 at 05:04pm
I agree with everything that has been said so far. I think it has alot more meaning than we can really ever try to comprehend; Gerard wrote it at a time when obviously there was alot of emotion going on. I think that while it's good that we can all relate to the music, I think it's kind of weird for us to try and figure out what it all means. Everyone should/does get a different impression or feeling off of each song, which is why this band is awesome. The only person who can really tell exactly what it's about is Gerard, right?

The intro to this song still gives me chills. It's so meaningful, but on different days I feel it means different things. If what Burning Halos above me said is true, then I think it means alot more than we will ever know. Music is about expression, and people can only try to understand the original thought of it all. Each song has a different meaning, and can be looked at in many different lights.

Just for the record, I'm not bashing all you people who talk about song meanings (I can see it now... "look at the n00b trying to tell us what their music is about!'), I'm just saying what I think.
x-demolition-lover-
Killjoy
x-demolition-lover-
February 7th, 2008 at 12:18am
Its such a beautiful song!
I think this song relates alot to Bonnie & Clyde... Running from the police for love as it says in the song 'we could take to the highway' & 'I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets' This song was originally made for an ex gf i think...
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
February 7th, 2008 at 08:12pm
Thinking about it, I think the whole introduction for the concept of "Three Cheers" is a good guess. Two Lovers who die (Or maybe she doesn't) together, because they were willing to end their days together. I want to know what they did to be on the run though! Smile I'm just curious.

And I love that Gerard devoted it to the person he was with at the time. Well I would want something nice after he talked about killing me in all those songs. Hehe. I have a live audio of this song where he intro's it with "I want this song to go out to somebody I love very fucking much" *Love* I adore it.

This is my favourite song, ever, ever, ever. I love it.

I think there are two interpretations... the one that is in the concept (Of the Three Cheers Lovers) and the one that is the message... (Which I think is simply, 'I would end my days with you')

xxx
Lycia Rawrrr
Killjoy
Lycia Rawrrr
February 13th, 2008 at 10:41pm
i always luved that song...i was like really paying attenion to it today...cos its valetines day n all!
gerard4
Killjoy
gerard4
February 22nd, 2008 at 11:48pm
http://www.imnotokay.net/data/board-smilies/clap.gif
http://www.imnotokay.net/data/board-smilies/clap.gif
this song talk about a person that Gerard loves ant that person disappear
gerard4
Killjoy
gerard4
February 22nd, 2008 at 11:49pm
is a very sweet song
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
February 24th, 2008 at 07:30am
I love this song. my fave. Very Happy
i know it its dedicated to someone.
but, i think it is very much connected to three cheers.
as 'Green Faerie' pointed out.