Don't have an account? Create one!

Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

AuthorMessage
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:07pm
i think the song is simply about dawn of the dead.
nothing much more.
maybe that he invented a story within dawn of the dead about two lovers and she becomes infected and he has to kill her. the last words she said were i love you which made it harder for him because he knows shes a person still.

its sad even though its about zombies.
rebel-in-black
Killjoy
rebel-in-black
April 6th, 2007 at 11:07pm
from suzi in ghost.'s explanation is very good!
vampireOFtheNIGHT
Killjoy
vampireOFtheNIGHT
April 10th, 2007 at 11:44am
that is the most best explaination of that song. I salute you ^.^
A New Hope
Always Born a Crime
A New Hope
April 15th, 2007 at 01:53am
Jillyduck:
by the way...

best song on the record

possibly best song period

i can't really pick

but it's the best song gerard sings to

ok i'm done now
Clap
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 19th, 2007 at 09:38am
i herad that this song was about the movie shawn of the dead ..i dont understand at all how you figur that out:S:..

then holding hands and life was perfect Just like upon the screen ,,i mean hes obiusly talking about love stroyes ,, and how this is just like one,,

And the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living

well i think thats the part where shawn of the dead comse inVery Happy

Up and down escelators
Pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half-priced sales
Trapped in by all these mountains
they can not see echother and there running away,

This signifies that they are in the mall.

Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I held them all off just to hold you close and tight.
(he's talking about zombies that got a hold of here)

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
And if I had the guts to put this to your head...
But would anything matter if you're already dead? (a zomie is aldredy dead so it realy dosent matter)
And should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?
Before I pull this trigger
Your eyes vacant and stained...
(its obiusly wery hard to let go!)

And in saying you loved me
Made things harder at best.
And these words changing nothing
As your body remains.
And there's no room in this hell
There's no room in the next
And our memories deafeat us
And I'll end this direst (he remembers how there lives where together .. and how much he loved her and cant to this but if he wuldint he wuld die!)

Does anyone notice
There's a corpse in this bed?
(he killd her..)

well i think its about to people that are insanly in love and then zomies get ahold of the girl an he has to kill her ..wich is so hard becous he loves her,but wants to but her out of this misory ,and he's just talking about how hard it is!..
AwakeUnafraid13
Killjoy
AwakeUnafraid13
April 20th, 2007 at 12:48am
Ive never heard anyone sing with more emotion than Gerard!! It's really pulls at the heartstrings!

I thought this was about zombies too.... totally awesome description on the first page!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 20th, 2007 at 06:59pm
arsonist; edlaine:
I think this song is about two lovers who are forbidden/not meant to be together. Still, they met up with one another and spent time with each other secretly.

It came to the point wherein they ran away together. There were many struggles and the guy went through a lot for the girl. The lyric "I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight" is the source.

After some time, the girl's personality changes. I think she was trying to break up with him or something like that. Obviously, the guy wouldn't let it end with just that. I think his mind went blank and he started acting strangely. After all of the things that he went through for this girl, she was just going to dump him?

I think the guy beat her up and then threw her to bed. He kept on scaring her by pointing the gun at her and taunting her. The girl said I love you one last time which made everything hard for the guy. Then he ends up killing her. The lyric "But does anyone notice there's a corpse in this bed? is the source.

That dose make sence and its a grate thery
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
April 21st, 2007 at 03:15pm
I heard that the song was about zombies.

Which i think it is.
takezo kenzei.
Awake and Unafraid
takezo kenzei.
April 26th, 2007 at 01:14pm
Wow.. I saw DotD for 2 months ago, and it was really good, just a bit scary. 8D

Suzi in ghosts - amazing explanation! Very Happy

06/30/07 - Me going to see MCR.. Too good to be true !
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
April 27th, 2007 at 12:15am
Wow, from suzi in ghost... That was pretty good explanation! Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 8th, 2007 at 03:28pm
I really like this song for it's deep meaning...it's very inspirational to me. I mean, to have a perfect life with the one you love one minute and then have to put a bullet in their head to save them from a worse fate is just a terrifying thought...I'd never want to suffer that. I also like how in the song it starts off all gentle but as the situation in the song gets more dire and stressed so does Gerard's singing. Quite meaningful and a very touching song!
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 13th, 2007 at 03:52am
Munroeville is about the movie dawn of the dead..
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:10pm
FrErArDRoCKz-myWorLD:
Munroeville is about the movie dawn of the dead..
I kind of agree
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 16th, 2007 at 03:54pm
Well, if it weren't about Dawn Of The Dead, what else could it be about...? I mean, what else could the words mean...?
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 16th, 2007 at 04:03pm
CollisionOfYourKiss:
Well, if it weren't about Dawn Of The Dead, what else could it be about...? I mean, what else could the words mean...?
very true
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 16th, 2007 at 04:03pm
CollisionOfYourKiss:
very true
Arkanthaes
Killjoy
Arkanthaes
June 20th, 2007 at 10:40am
I believe this song sinks deeper than the "Dawn of the Dead" movie.

The first 4 lines tell of his perfect lovelife - The narrator has found his soulmate and his life is perfect, and whenever he see's her he is "counting her face among the living", saying she hasn't fallen to the corporate dependencies of the modern world that they oppose.

The next 2 lines show the severity of the situation - the corporations and businesses that are trying to run are lives cannot spread out over the land, their efforts are "trapped in by all these mountains"

"Running away" to "close and tight" tells of how the narrator escapes from the public to live with his soulmate, still inside those mountains but farther from the buildings where the would-be controllers lie. He doesn't kow that just one "bite", one encounter with those corporations can change a person completely.

The end of the song describes how he comes home one day to see the corruption fully taken hold of his soulmate. Noone cares that the real perwon has gone, noone cares that the person is already "dead", choiceless and automonotonous, ecept the Narrator. He could kill her, but he can't bear to.
Though her eyes are "vacant and stained", all of the goodness he saw in her has left, they still say that they love him, so he can't kill her. But he sees that it would be pointless anyway, as, though she's still healthy, "there's a corpse in this bed"

Just my thoughts Smile
vampyre maiden
Fabulous Killjoy
vampyre maiden
June 22nd, 2007 at 04:27am
this song is so sad i love it!!! Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Cruoris
Killjoy
Cruoris
July 6th, 2007 at 07:29am
Arkanthaes:
I believe this song sinks deeper than the "Dawn of the Dead" movie.

The first 4 lines tell of his perfect lovelife - The narrator has found his soulmate and his life is perfect, and whenever he see's her he is "counting her face among the living", saying she hasn't fallen to the corporate dependencies of the modern world that they oppose.

The next 2 lines show the severity of the situation - the corporations and businesses that are trying to run are lives cannot spread out over the land, their efforts are "trapped in by all these mountains"

"Running away" to "close and tight" tells of how the narrator escapes from the public to live with his soulmate, still inside those mountains but farther from the buildings where the would-be controllers lie. He doesn't kow that just one "bite", one encounter with those corporations can change a person completely.

The end of the song describes how he comes home one day to see the corruption fully taken hold of his soulmate. Noone cares that the real perwon has gone, noone cares that the person is already "dead", choiceless and automonotonous, ecept the Narrator. He could kill her, but he can't bear to.
Though her eyes are "vacant and stained", all of the goodness he saw in her has left, they still say that they love him, so he can't kill her. But he sees that it would be pointless anyway, as, though she's still healthy, "there's a corpse in this bed"

Just my thoughts Smile

That's pretty much what i think DotD is about. Not that exact story, but I think it's like a metaphor for society... The zobies represent people who are dead inside... They walk around, doing things close to what they were doing when they were alive, but their main objective is to consume the living, to convert them and turn them into zombies. If I am right on this, the killing someone you earlier loved, but has now become a zombie, would'nt have to be shooting your friend that has become just another one in in this society.. (You know what I mean.) I could be that they are dead to you, and that it's your choice... Or something like that...
I think Romero had quite much tought behind the movie, even tought it's not allways obvious. Or maybe I'm over-analyzing Razz
square_fan
Killjoy
square_fan
July 18th, 2007 at 07:10am
i say its about zombies.

he sasy

"Not knowing you'd change from just one bit, i fought them all off just to hld you closer",meaning, he didnt know that the "virus" spread through getting bit, and he had to fight a ton of them to just hold you.

"And if i had the guts, to put this to your head", meaning, if i had the guts, to take this gun and shoot your brains out. picture grard stadning there with a gun to the head of a zombie, and its his love, he is trembiling to shoot her.

"but would anything matter, if your already dead",supporting my statment above, he is saying, "why should i shoot you, your "dead" lready", hes saying, he doesnt want to hoot her, seeing as if your a zombie your technoclly dead, so, he sasy "why?, what would it hange if i shoot yopu?"

"and should i be shocked, by the last thing you said", meaning, i assume, she says "If i turn into one of those things, shoot me". and hes asking imself, "should i be shiocked hat you said that?"

also refers to dawn of the dead, like said in the meanings section of the site.

"Elevators and half priced sale", umm in a mall, dawn of the dead akes place in YOU GUESSED IT! A MALL!.

at the begining he mentions runing away and hiding with you, meaning, we had to run andhide fro the zombies outside,.

thats just my idea for it lol.