Don't have an account? Create one!

Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

AuthorMessage
Criminal.Poet
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Criminal.Poet
May 8th, 2009 at 11:30am
I feel like I have to add to this because I just listened to this song for around the 100th time and it really clicked. I'm going through a bad breakup and I feel like this was written for me.

This song is based off of Dawn of the Dead but it is so much more than that. In the beginning Gerard was in a happy relationship. "We're holding hands and life was perfect". He thought they would be together forever and that she was so different than everyone else. But then she turned out to be just the same. "Not knowing you'd change from just one bite." She was no different than anyone else, and he realized that she didn't change. She was always that person. Already a 'zombie' "But would anything matter, if you're already dead?". Also their relationship ended
roughly. "Should I be shocked now, by the last thing you said?".

This song is one of my favorites and i hope I helped.
mychemfan
Killjoy
mychemfan
May 12th, 2009 at 03:33pm
I know that officially this song is about the movie Dawn of the Dead, but i kind of see a simpler meaning that can be related to.

In the beginning the lyrics mention every day things, like escalators and elevators, and it seems as if all is well. [they're holding hands and life was perfect].

But then, something really bad and/ or life changing happens [ not necessarily having to do with zombies] and everything goes wrong. This is shown in lines like your eyes vacant and stained and should i be shocked now by the last thing you said.

Does anyone else see it like that?

Bye
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
May 20th, 2009 at 05:14am
I think that this song is based on Dawn of the Dead, was it not. The movie is set in Monroeville about zombies. The lyric "Not knowing you change from just one bite" Screams zombies to me...
awaiting dawn
Killjoy
awaiting dawn
May 25th, 2009 at 05:13pm
DaWn Of THe DEAd! My fav. movie of all time. When I first heard this song I CRiEd. I think it's 1 of the best songs on that album!
NyquilComa
Killjoy
NyquilComa
June 9th, 2009 at 12:34pm
wow this song is like my 2nd favorite song from MCR {#1 is The Ghost of You}
at first i didnt want to listen to it because it was all slow and calm sounding
but the song is so sad....
my ex-love used to sing it to me all the at so i would fall asleep when i was restless..

but what i dont get is the bed part...
they're at thr mall right?
how did the get to a bed?
did they go home or
are they at Macey's furniture?
{i dont think i spelled that right...>.<}
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
September 17th, 2009 at 11:52am
I do agree with the posts above, that there is a simpler meaing to this song than just zombies.

It's sort of a reflection of the life of two people, you know, going through normal everyday life. It was just the two of them, together [then holding hands and life was perfect]. But then she changed, and she wasn't the person that he knew anymore [not knowing you changed from just one bite]. And it was like only he noticed she had changed, nobody else cares [but does anyone notice, but does anyone care?]. And he's thinking whether he has the courage to break off his relationship with her, even though he still loves her [and if i had the guts, to put this to your head]. But he realises that he doesn't love her, he loves the old her, not this changed person. And he thinks, it's no use being with her, because it's too late. She's 'dead' to him. [and would anything matter if you're already dead? and well should i be shocked now by the last thing you said?] And even though she says she loves him [and in saying you love me, makes things harder at best] he can't love her anymore. He wants to forget all these bad memories [and our memories defeat us, and i'll end this direst]. And I think that by [there's a corpse in this bed] he's watching her sleep beside him in bed, and he's thinking, she's just 'dead' to him, a corpse.

Just my opinion, as all. It's a beautiful song, one of my favourites.
GeeWayIero
Killjoy
GeeWayIero
October 13th, 2009 at 07:14pm
yeah I think of youre ot´s bout dawnof the dead, but aswell way more like this realtionship-thingy, but I wouldn´t say that he killd her like really killed her, I would rather see this like, that shes dead for him....
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 14th, 2009 at 12:08am
XxAmayaYachiruWayxX:
wow this song is like my 2nd favorite song from MCR {#1 is The Ghost of You}
at first i didnt want to listen to it because it was all slow and calm sounding
but the song is so sad....
my ex-love used to sing it to me all the at so i would fall asleep when i was restless..

but what i dont get is the bed part...
they're at thr mall right?
how did the get to a bed?
did they go home or
are they at Macey's furniture?
{i dont think i spelled that right...>.<}

Oh I don't think it's all right then.

He's looking back to all the good times and jumping around from memory to memory
Whispered.Secrets.
Killjoy
Whispered.Secrets.
October 18th, 2009 at 03:32pm
I think that this song is about two lovers but one of them is about to die and so the other one is goiing through all their memories with them before they pass away. During the last moments of the first one, the other gets really angry and is yelling through his tears about how hard it is and is trying to somehow revive the other. When they finally die, they other finally stops yelling and crying and sinks onto the floor, their head on the others shoulder.
Alais Way
Killjoy
Alais Way
January 12th, 2011 at 02:40pm
Essa é uma das minhas musicas preferidas do MCR *-*
eu tentei por muito tempo entende lá... e cheguei a essa conclusão: um casal feliz que vai passar dias em uma cidade com zumbis, ela é mordida, e ele tem que atirar nela para livra lá da maldição talvez ... parece simples escrevendo , mais acho essa musica perfeita , começa tão leve e termina tão pesada...adoro isso!

vou escrever em Português ( minha língua ) e em inglês... por que sei que a maioria das pessoas do site falam inglês...

This is one of my favorite songs of MCR *-*
I tried for a long time means there ... and came to this conclusion: a happy couple who will spend days in a town with zombies, she is bitten, and he has to shoot her for free ... maybe there's a curse seems simple writing, but I think this song is perfect, so light begins and ends so heavy ... I love it!

I write in Portuguese (my language) and English ... because I know that most people speak English site ...
Bye
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
February 4th, 2011 at 11:20am
Just a song about dawn of the dead... "half price sales... escalators... fountains". All references to the mall they're in. The bed was in the furniture store.
sweetblackdays
Killjoy
sweetblackdays
February 20th, 2011 at 06:25pm
i think all of the explanations above sum it up, the song makes me cry when he breaks into the 'but does anyone notice'
chilver
Killjoy
chilver
May 24th, 2011 at 12:01am
It's funny how the movie dawn of the dead is about zombies, and the album " i brought you my bullets you brought me your love" is about vampires, but both can relate to this song.
cemeterydrive.
Killjoy
cemeterydrive.
December 5th, 2011 at 07:10pm
This is one of my all time favourite songs.
I know it's about Dawn of the Dead cause Gerard said it himself.
But the way i think it is, and this is just a personal interpretation, is that it's about a guy and a girl who are in love and happy and everything, but the girl gets some sort of terminal illness or becomes suicidal and wants to die, and asks the man she loves to help her. He obviously doesn't want to do this as he loves her, but as she is suffering so much he has to do it to end her pain and misery, as she is 'already dead' from this.
Kind of depressing but yeah, that's what i personally take from the song!
FabulousKilljoy99
Killjoy
FabulousKilljoy99
January 11th, 2012 at 08:00pm
I feel this song is about to people who are forbidden to be together, but their love is so passionate they cannot resist the fact they HAVE to be together. Sort of like Romeo And Juliet.

But then, one of them finds out that the other is betraying them. And so the one goes crazy, and tries to bubble it up inside. Smile
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:08pm
This is about the Movie Dawn of The Dead that takes place in Monroeville. Their is a couple and they are deeply in love, but the chick gets bitten by a vampire and the guy has to shoot her to save her
LibLovesMCR
Killjoy
LibLovesMCR
March 12th, 2013 at 05:51pm
I think it's about a guy breaking up with a girl and not getting over her...

...What?
It's my way of thinking.
DesertAngel
Killjoy
DesertAngel
April 9th, 2013 at 10:39pm
This song is about the Dawn of the Dead movie, but I also think there is a deeper meaning.
"But does anyone notice? But does anyone care? And if I had the guts, to put this to your head? But does anything matter, if you're already dead?"
These lines sort of described how I felt when I was considering suicide (don't worry, MCR helped me through that struggle). When I first heard the song I misheard one line as "And if I had the guts, to put this to MY head?" and all that stuff just sort of described how desperate and lonely and unnoticed I felt. IDK.
DesertAngel
Killjoy
DesertAngel
April 9th, 2013 at 10:39pm
This song is about the Dawn of the Dead movie, but I also think there is a deeper meaning.
"But does anyone notice? But does anyone care? And if I had the guts, to put this to your head? But does anything matter, if you're already dead?"
These lines sort of described how I felt when I was considering suicide (don't worry, MCR helped me through that struggle). When I first heard the song I misheard one line as "And if I had the guts, to put this to MY head?" and all that stuff just sort of described how desperate and lonely and unnoticed I felt. IDK.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
April 23rd, 2013 at 09:00am
Vampires. It's gotta be vampires. In some way, at least.
This and Demolition Lovers are my favorite songs, so after even just a few times of really listening to this song, it sounds like it's about vampires.