Don't have an account? Create one!

Give 'Em Hell, Kid

AuthorMessage
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
July 30th, 2007 at 09:07am
Because... it's fun... and we have nothing better to do...
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
July 30th, 2007 at 11:12pm
Ok then:

I think the song is about a kid who has to give hell to the people around him, because you no like:
Give 'Em Hell, Kid

Yeah.
And takes trains out of New Orleans, likes to do things in the muder scene, and otehr stuff. Wee.

[/sarcasm]
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
August 28th, 2007 at 05:02pm
We talk about the song meanings because we can and it gives us something to do. plus some of us took the songs to mean something else so we talk about how different our ideas were from what was ment by the band.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 31st, 2007 at 12:53am
emo-kid-hadley:
i alwsy thought it was about how they hate it that they turned out emo where it ses the line ( we never wanted it to be this way ) and then i red in a magazine that they were thinking of splitting up becus they hate bieng emo but now i no they aint splittin so dont worry!!!!!!!! Very Happy

sry, but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
alixdflame
Killjoy
alixdflame
September 1st, 2007 at 04:50am
ummm- gerard said himself it was about teenage preganancy or "getting really knocked up" - so yea, u guys can take it as u wish- but daz wat they meant for the messege to be in a way
You-Saved-Me
Killjoy
You-Saved-Me
September 10th, 2007 at 07:49pm
Hey, I totally love how this song is about teenage pregnancy, And I really get it now! Just one thing, Does enyone have a clip where Gerard says that? I would really like to see that!

"You're so far away
So c'mon show me how"

- I think it is about the guy freaking out and he breaks up with her
and she needs someone to be there to "Show her how"
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
September 24th, 2007 at 11:13pm
You-Saved-Me:
Hey, I totally love how this song is about teenage pregnancy, And I really get it now! Just one thing, Does enyone have a clip where Gerard says that? I would really like to see that!
Lifeisbutadream1993
Killjoy
Lifeisbutadream1993
October 7th, 2007 at 03:56am
That makes sense! It has to be about teen pregnancy

"What'd you call me? Well there's no way I'm kissing that guy" (Obviously she's being called a whore.)
Disenchanted x
Killjoy
Disenchanted x
October 11th, 2007 at 07:16pm
So did Gerard get someone knocked up?
evil_toasters
Killjoy
evil_toasters
October 13th, 2007 at 09:50pm
I think this song is about a girl who broke up with him but he still loved and he's kinda mocking her and making fun of her...
-Your beautiful (the way he says it in kinda a sarcastic voice)
-Don't I look pretty walking down the street in the best damn dress I own (IDK why but it sounds like it's mocking and sarcastic)
-Your dreams and your hopeless hair (he's making fun of her dreams and 'hopeless hair')
- Do you care at all (self explanitory)
- If u were here, I'd never have a fear, so go on live your life, but I miss u more than I did yesterday (he's trying to make her feel guilty bout something)
-Can we settle up the score (she's hurt him a lot and he's never done anything wrong to her)
Aaron Gillespie.
Salute You in Your Grave
Aaron Gillespie.
October 20th, 2007 at 09:18pm
oh wow.
to me this song always meant screw them all....
be yourslef [Give 'EM Hell Kid...] but idk...
but the whole preggers thing makes total sense...
geez. haha
Emoishboy
Killjoy
Emoishboy
October 21st, 2007 at 08:38pm
At least for me, this song is about refusing to take anyone's shit- and taking down anyone who thinks they can stand in your way, one way or another.
evil_toasters
Killjoy
evil_toasters
October 26th, 2007 at 09:27pm
Emoishboy:
At least for me, this song is about refusing to take anyone's shit- and taking down anyone who thinks they can stand in your way, one way or another.
YEAH, never thought of that but once I did it made sense.
jrzygurl15
Killjoy
jrzygurl15
November 1st, 2007 at 05:07pm
when i heard what immortal_shadows and jillyduck said i believe its about teen pregnecy. now im not so confused. or it could mean something so off topic then what people are guessing. you never know.
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 1st, 2007 at 07:33pm
I hadn't heard the pregnancy thing. I figured it was about the male Demolition Lover getting sent out on his mission to kill a 1000 evil men, and they started in New Orleans, 'cause... You know... everything satanic/cool starts in New Orleans. Wink
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
November 4th, 2007 at 12:22pm
in my opinion, I think it’s about a teenage boy getting this girl pregnant,
“We are young and we don't care”

“Oh baby here comes the sound!
I took a train outta New Orleans and they shot me full of ephedrine
This is how we like to do it in the murder scene
Can we settle up the score?”

and these intro lines,^^. I think they tell about the guy escaping and leaves the girl all by herself. But he gets hurt or dies, and it’s like the couple is even with each other.

Now, the girl is depressed, ashamed or messed up everyday with her baby, she has been left with a mess, “Like the firing squad or the mess you made”

“If you were here I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life
But I miss you more than I did yesterday
You're so far away”

okay..a long while goes by and grieves the father of her child’s death. But she continues her life and still has the scar from the past.

Make any sense?

On the other hand, I also agree with the idea of a person leaving a loved one behind
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
November 4th, 2007 at 12:23pm
Lifeisbutadream1993:
That makes sense! It has to be about teen pregnancy

"What'd you call me? Well there's no way I'm kissing that guy" (Obviously she's being called a whore.)

I also agree with this one.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
November 4th, 2007 at 11:58pm
When I figured what this song was about, from here, I liked it a lot more, for some reason.
I think it's really great that the guys wrote a song about this subject.
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 10th, 2007 at 06:37pm
the whole ephidrine thing told me in the beginning that it was about abortion or wanting abortion or just being pregnant. but, i didn't get the rest. I guess i just have ADD
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 10th, 2007 at 06:38pm
but it doesn't really matter cause Gerard said it was about teen pregnancy