Don't have an account? Create one!

Give 'Em Hell, Kid

AuthorMessage
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
March 31st, 2007 at 09:49am
I'm not sure it's about teen PREGNANTSY, but surely it's about some tough teenlife.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:52pm
you know isnt the song about teenages pregnancy?..wich sucks bythewayWink..
an i freeking love this song ,,as evary song they have ever send out!...
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:53pm
yes its about teeanage pregnansy right?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 20th, 2007 at 09:45pm
Well, most people seem to think it's about teen pregnancy, and I think I agree. But does it fit into the plot of the concept album at all? Just curious...I'm trying to piece the plot together, song by song, and it's difficult.
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
May 3rd, 2007 at 04:15am
??????
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
May 5th, 2007 at 02:37am
its about leaving.
"if you were here i'd never have a fear"
obviously the person being talked about
in the song is missed.
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
May 7th, 2007 at 08:31pm
Teenage pregancy.Becuz its talking about a girl who has sex at an early age,scared of being pregnant,boyfriend leaves her,she ends up taking diet pills,trying to kill herself,her dress doesnt fit anymore and makes her look less attractive,so in the end i think she kills herself or something else.That was a short term for the song
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 12th, 2007 at 10:11am
Immortal_Shadows:
I think it is about teenage pregnancy.

"And they shot me full of ephedrine"
"this is how we do it in the murder scene"

- Ephedrine is a diet pill that when taken in large amouts whilst pregnant can kill your unborn child. This shows that the young girl is scared about being pregnant and wants it to go away, it also suggests that she is taking these diet pills to stay thin so she can "forget" that she is pregnant.

"Well I'm a total wreck and almost everyday
Like the fireiing squad or the mess you made"

-This is aimed at the boyfriend who got her pregnant. She is very scared and confused and angry. It was not just her fault as it was him how got her into this mess in the first place.

"Well I dont look pretty walking down the street
In the best damn dress I own?"

- Her faveorite dress doesnt fit her anymore and this makes her feel unattractive and not very pretty due to her pysical condition.

"We are young and we don't car
Your dreams and your hopeless hair
We never wanted it to be this way"

- They are to young too have a child. They have lost all their dreams. When you are that young, you should not have to worry about raising a child. You should only have small, petty things like your hair to worry about.

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life
But I miss you more than i did yesterday"

- I think that mabee the boyfriend has left her when she needs him most. He has left so he can live his life, leaving her alone and scared. She misses him and wants him to come back. I think she is also very angry at him for leaving her in this state and wonders if he ever even cared about her-

"Do you care at all?"
Yea, I agree. This explanation is clear as glass... when I tried I was thinking "easy peasy lemon squeezy..." Then when I actually tried, I was like, "Wow... my explanation was as clear as mud."

This song, I guess, is pretty hard to comprehend. you could say that not all the songs are this complex. I've worked out the others, but I still can't get clear enough of this song...
I guess that's really MCR.

You gotta have the brains and the heart to find out what it really means.

Nice explanation. Smile
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:43pm
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:
Immortal_Shadows:

- Ephedrine is a diet pill that when taken in large amouts whilst pregnant can kill your unborn child. This shows that the young girl is scared about being pregnant and wants it to go away, it also suggests that she is taking these diet pills to stay thin so she can "forget" that she is pregnant.

-This is aimed at the boyfriend who got her pregnant. She is very scared and confused and angry. It was not just her fault as it was him how got her into this mess in the first place.

- Her faveorite dress doesnt fit her anymore and this makes her feel unattractive and not very pretty due to her pysical condition.

- They are to young too have a child. They have lost all their dreams. When you are that young, you should not have to worry about raising a child. You should only have small, petty things like your hair to worry about.

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life

- I think that mabee the boyfriend has left her when she needs him most. He has left so he can live his life, leaving her alone and scared. She misses him and wants him to come back. I think she is also very angry at him for leaving her in this state and wonders if he ever even cared about her-

"Do you care at all?"
Yea, I agree. This explanation is clear as glass... when I tried I was thinking "easy peasy lemon squeezy..." Then when I actually tried, I was like, "Wow... my explanation was as clear as mud."

This song, I guess, is pretty hard to comprehend. you could say that not all the songs are this complex. I've worked out the others, but I still can't get clear enough of this song...
I guess that's really MCR.

You gotta have the brains and the heart to find out what it really means.

Nice explanation. Smile
I completly agree with them
life isnt worth it
Killjoy
life isnt worth it
May 14th, 2007 at 01:59pm
idk wat this sng means but i luv it
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:39pm
About a teenage pregnancy...read the post above.
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 5th, 2007 at 01:37am
Immortal_Shadows:

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life

"Do you care at all?"

I completely agree. sounds right to me. I wanted to say something like this but just couldn't find the words thanks Immortal_Shadows Smile
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 5th, 2007 at 01:41am
Solitary Style.:
Well, most people seem to think it's about teen pregnancy, and I think I agree. But does it fit into the plot of the concept album at all? Just curious...I'm trying to piece the plot together, song by song, and it's difficult.

It really is... I had to listen to it like 3 times all the way throught. and if you go track by track then it just gets confusing.....but if you just kinda go over the whole thing then you get it more....anyone get what I mean? Or am I confusing the hell out of everyone like normal?
Worship thy Gerard12
Killjoy
Worship thy Gerard12
July 12th, 2007 at 12:01am
This song is about teenage pregnancy and the gets an abortion with ephedrine because she doesn't want to be pregnant. Then she is talking to the guy who got her pregnant and she's mad at him for leaving her when he found out she was pregnant and she's confused and scared thatn she will get pregnant again. Then it says that they are young and they don't care and they are too young to have a baby. So that's my interpretation even though I may be wrong
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 18th, 2007 at 09:43pm
Immortal_Shadows:

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life

"Do you care at all?"

You're smart. Mr. Green
I'd always kinda thought it was something to do with teenagers.
Now it makes so much more sense to me.
XD
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 24th, 2007 at 08:59pm
Does anyone have a link to a video or interview where Gerard says what it's about?

Please?
holidayxmisery
Killjoy
holidayxmisery
July 26th, 2007 at 12:55am
emo-kid-hadley:
i alwsy thought it was about how they hate it that they turned out emo where it ses the line ( we never wanted it to be this way ) and then i red in a magazine that they were thinking of splitting up becus they hate bieng emo but now i no they aint splittin so dont worry!!!!!!!! Very Happy

okay...that dosen't really have anything to do wit dis, and your labels...

i never knew it was abot teenage pregnancy...
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
July 27th, 2007 at 10:21am
"Someone's gonna want to use you for their doomsday device..." - Gerard Way
I think it's about being used. In a relationship, whatever. And you gotta stand up for yourself and give 'em hell.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
July 27th, 2007 at 03:12pm
my_x-rated_romance:
"Someone's gonna want to use you for their doomsday device..." - Gerard Way
I think it's about being used. In a relationship, whatever. And you gotta stand up for yourself and give 'em hell.
i agree
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
July 28th, 2007 at 04:52pm
Why do you guys still discuss the song meaning when a meaning is already posted on the site? =/