Don't have an account? Create one!

Give 'Em Hell, Kid

AuthorMessage
Forget_Me_Not
Killjoy
Forget_Me_Not
July 26th, 2008 at 02:10pm
Maybe adolescent pregnancy. And when she tells someone (maybe her father or boyfriend), he skips town to avoid responsibility, to New Orleans.
riot reality
Jazz Hands
riot reality
May 10th, 2009 at 02:00am
"And they shot me full of ephedrine"

Ephedrine is a diet pill, and when you take a lot of it when pregnant it can kill your baby-- "This is how we like to do it on the murder scene". It could also mean the teen girl (because Gerard has said this is about teen pregnancy) wants to get thin and foget she was pregnant.

"Well I'm a total wreck and almost everyday
Like the fireing squad or the mess you made"

This is supposed to be to the boyfriend who got her pregnant. It's his fault she's in this mess and all he did was leave her.

"Well I don't look pretty walking down the street
In the best damn tux I own?"

She wants to look pretty, and she doesn't feel like she is-- being pregnant just makes her feel fat.

"We are young and we don't care
Your dreams and your hopeless hair
We never wanted it to be this way"

They're too young to have a child, they're ruining their dreams. This is a big thing to put on their plates, because most teens only have to worry about the little things like a bad hair day.

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life
But I miss you more than I did yesterday"

The boyfriend left her after he got her pregnant so he could Live His Life still. She misses him and is hurt that he left her when she needed him the most. She thinks that if he was there for her she wouldn't be so afraid.

"Do you care at all?"

She's wondering if he ever even cared for her, or if he was just using her.
May
Killjoy
May
June 21st, 2009 at 11:17pm
riot reality:

Ephedrine is a diet pill, and when you take a lot of it when pregnant it can kill your baby-- "This is how we like to do it on the murder scene". It could also mean the teen girl (because Gerard has said this is about teen pregnancy) wants to get thin and foget she was pregnant.

This is supposed to be to the boyfriend who got her pregnant. It's his fault she's in this mess and all he did was leave her.

She wants to look pretty, and she doesn't feel like she is-- being pregnant just makes her feel fat.

They're too young to have a child, they're ruining their dreams. This is a big thing to put on their plates, because most teens only have to worry about the little things like a bad hair day.

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life

The boyfriend left her after he got her pregnant so he could Live His Life still. She misses him and is hurt that he left her when she needed him the most. She thinks that if he was there for her she wouldn't be so afraid.

"Do you care at all?"

i agree with this.. this is what i was gonna post, but i read urs, and theres no need to add more.. lol Wink
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
July 2nd, 2009 at 03:56am
alice!:
riot reality:

"If you were here
I'd never have a fear
So go on live your life

"Do you care at all?"

i agree with this.. this is what i was gonna post, but i read urs, and theres no need to add more.. lol Wink
I agree
threecheersx4mcr_
Killjoy
threecheersx4mcr_
July 29th, 2009 at 11:47am
the song is about a teenage girl that has got pregnant and her parents are not supporting her 'if you where here id never have a fear'. They are mad at her because people don't think her and her boyfriend will manage with a baby 'some mite say we are made from the sharpest things you'd say we are young and we don't care'. and the song is defentaly about a girl because it is actually 'dont I look pretty walking down the street in the best damn dress I own'

I think thats right; maybe not. I know I heard that this was what the song was about somewhere.(:
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 12th, 2009 at 12:03pm
i think its about a teenage pregnancy, the girl is upset and gets a train to new orleans to try and get rid of the baby, but in doing so maybe ends up dying herself then he misses her because she was beautiful "You're beautiful!", and the boy is a total wreck because shes not with him
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:32pm
Gerard said this was about teen pregnancy