Killjoy
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
March 17th, 2007 at 09:41am
It sets the mood for a desert-y theme, you know like with the Demolition Lovers
haylie
Killjoy
haylie
March 17th, 2007 at 11:57am
when i put on bullets for the first time i was like OMFG... i know this song becuase ive known how to play it on piano for years. and theres a long story behind why i can play it which i cant be bothered to type out now.
jesse lacey.
Salute You in Your Grave
jesse lacey.
March 17th, 2007 at 04:08pm
Romance is the beginning to an old Spanish folk song called (I believe) Spanish Romance. Instead of playing the second part Ray just repeats the first.

It's got a dark edge to it, especially with the crackling in the background, and it really sets the tone for Bullets. Plus playing it on guitar is so much fun =D
the.chic.with.ocd
Killjoy
the.chic.with.ocd
April 21st, 2007 at 02:47pm
Yes it does set the mood for the album, and yes it is a song that was not written by My Chemical Romance. It's the rythum or whatever from a song by Julio Iglesias titled 'Quiero' which means 'want'. Romance is less upbeat, though. I know this because I am hispanic and my mom figured it out. And she wants me to tell you that this guy is VERY, VERY, VERY FAMOUS. Ray's hispanic so...yeah. That explains it. My mother taunted me about it...
DDR1
Killjoy
DDR1
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:15am
Romance is the first half of a traditional piece called Spanish Ballad. It has been covered many times and included in Spanish pieces many times, due to its original author being anonymous. I love the piece (I can play it myself) and It really does set the scene for the rest of the album.... Perhaps by only including the first half of the piece, The rest of the album is the second half of the entire ballad (in a kinda metaphorical way).
Contentment::
Killjoy
Contentment::
May 1st, 2007 at 05:13pm
I read somewhere Gerard said Romance was a very pissed off song.
mcr saved my life!
Killjoy
mcr saved my life!
May 12th, 2007 at 08:36am
it is a spanish lullaby - my dad used to play it on guitar when i was a kid, and when he had his other kid ( my half brother) he got him a toy and it played that tune.

For some reason, the static in the background and the cool eerie guitar tune reminds me of dracula and vampies. Well, thats the impression i got when i first listened to it Mr. Green
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 01:38pm
pangea.:
Romance is the beginning to an old Spanish folk song called (I believe) Spanish Romance. Instead of playing the second part Ray just repeats the first.

It's got a dark edge to it, especially with the crackling in the background, and it really sets the tone for Bullets. Plus playing it on guitar is so much fun =D

i agree
square_fan
Killjoy
square_fan
July 18th, 2007 at 07:18am
i think it has some kind of meaning. its to set the mood of the album and leads into "honey, the mirror isnt big enough for the 2 of us"

and als, its a "sad" song, if yuo listen to the riff of the guitar its all, hig picth-low tune, so ts a sad kina guitar ound, and indicates that is sad the album.
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
July 27th, 2007 at 10:59am
I don't know what it's about, but every time I listen to it I can see Ray sitting alone in the studio playing around with his guitar... I like the idea that it was recorded by accident.
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
July 28th, 2007 at 04:55pm
You do know that there ARE lyrics to this song, right? =/
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
July 28th, 2007 at 09:57pm
it's just a simple, beautiful ballad.
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
July 29th, 2007 at 08:24am
That is very interesting. I never knew about Romance being from a Spanish song. Very cool. And Ray is hispanic too? VERY COOL! I learn something new everyday!
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
July 29th, 2007 at 10:14am
I can't really hear the lyrics to Romance, but I do know at the end, he says:

You go
You go
Don't go
Don't go
Don't go

So... yep. I can' t really make out the first few lines of the song, but I am sure that is what he is saying at the end.
Vampirehunter007
Killjoy
Vampirehunter007
August 2nd, 2007 at 02:18am
Yep, its about Ray Toro and that. But I also heard that it was thought about one of George Romero films, that Gerard and Mikey use to watch every Christmas Holiday, a love scene of one of those films.
furryhobbit
Killjoy
furryhobbit
August 12th, 2007 at 08:43am
yes there are lyrics to the song. he played them at a concert once. this is what i think he said. please correct me if im wrong:

you came in my life
now you're gone
and you threw, all of your things out my window
so you're gone, your gone, your gone, your gone, your gone, your gone.

i'd be goo if we could clear up these lyrics so that can get added to the lyrics page on this site.
furryhobbit
Killjoy
furryhobbit
August 12th, 2007 at 08:43am
sorry. i meant to say: it'd be good if we could clear up these lyrics. i am not turning into goo.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 13th, 2007 at 07:11pm
I think it's like a little song for a movie,like at the beginning,but it was for an ALBUM.
Or maybe it's just an introduction.
IxoRa
Killjoy
IxoRa
September 9th, 2007 at 02:23am
Romance is Romance de Amor, a spanish (or italian?) love song. I think this first track of first mcr album has something to do with the band's name coz its my chemical romance, you know..the "romance"...
Vampire_Heart
Killjoy
Vampire_Heart
September 22nd, 2007 at 01:53am
The actual name of the song accorrding to my sources (which are quite reliable) is Romance del Campesino. It's in Spanish of course. Any lyrics that are said to go along with the song are probably untrue. It is of anonymous origin typically played on a classic Spanish guitar. The lyrics Gerard sings are probably lines he made to go along with the song. Either that or there have been verses made in Spanish and they were translated into English.

And, that's about it. It's a beautiful song really and it's quite nice to simply pick up my classic guitar and hand-pick it. My mom's itching for me to learn it completely; she grew up listening to it.