Don't have an account? Create one!

The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

AuthorMessage
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 3rd, 2007 at 09:48am
ok this has to be about someone wanting Gerard to get off of drugs...

Gaze into her killing jar I'd sometimes stare for hours (sometimes stare for hours) this could represent the drugs, like they are killing him.
She even poked the holes so I can breathe its just barely letting him get by
She bought the last line
I'm just the worst kind
Of guy to argue
With what you might find he doesn't want to admit he has a problem?
And for the last night I lie
Could I lie with you? hes asking for comfort before going to rehab

Alright
Give up
Get down. It's just the hardest part of living hes saying he needs to stop but its hard to
Alright
She wants
It all to come down this time someone wants him to once and for all stop

Lost in the prescription she's got something else in mind (something else in mind)
Check into the Hotel Bella Muerte this could be the rehab?
It gives the weak flight
It gives the blind sightthe rehab helps you get back on your feet
Until the cops come
Or by the last light
And for the last night I lie
Could I lie next to you?

Pull the plug go ahead and try to break the addiction
But I'd like to learn your name
When holding on
Well I hope you do the same hes wanting someone to stay strong with him
Awww sugar
Slip into this tragedy you've spun this chamber dry

i guess im not completey done with this but i have got a lot so far.
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 3rd, 2007 at 03:45pm
I don't think it's weird that gerard speaks italian. He's half italian Razz
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 3rd, 2007 at 03:47pm
And.. His grandmother, Helene(like in the songRazz) was italian Wink So.. I guess he learned a lot from her. She DID learn him to sing tho Razz And preforme. That's sweet Smile So why shouldn't she've thought him to speak italian? Razz
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 4th, 2007 at 09:33am
I mean, HelenaRazz
XXdrowning_lessonsXX
Killjoy
XXdrowning_lessonsXX
March 7th, 2007 at 09:56pm
I agree i think it's about the drug life and all the struggles and shit u go through in that lifestyle trust me I know. I've went through it. this is my favorite fn song. I also think its about giving up the lifestyle u know "give up, get down, it's just the hardest part of living, she wants it all to come down this time" or could have to do with using drugs to help u cope with all the shit in your life "give up, get down, it's just the hardest part of living" I think it mostly has to do with a love or addiction to drugs or alcohol "and for the last night i lie, could i lie next to you" he could be talkin bout a love with drugs in that line" thatz just my interpretation though. it sounds like my life so thats how i interpret it. well i'm out.l8r.
XXdrowning_lessonsXX
Killjoy
XXdrowning_lessonsXX
March 7th, 2007 at 10:01pm
i think it also might have something to do with suicide too."for the last night i lie, could i lie next to you" he could be talking about his last night before death and just wanting one more chance with his love or one more chance with his addiction to drugs. plus hotel bela muerte means "hotel of beautiful death" which could mean where ur mind is when your high or depressed. which is another reference to suicide and also the constant talk of "when the cops come" "last night" and "holding on" u should get the message. itz about suicide induced be drugs. the person is obviously in love with drugs and depressed and its causing them to want to kill there self cause of there addiction "lost in the prescription she's go something else in mind" which i think this song ties right in to when Gerard was struggling with suicide because of drugs and alcohol or it could mean she's trying to kill herself with drugs because when she's high she get's depressed. and the line "it gives the week flight, it gives the blind sight until the cops come" is a line that basically a line that describes the drug life again. so i really think this song is has a lot to do with not wanting to let go of the drug life and being high and depressed and trying to od and kill yourself. itz all about suicide and addiction to drugs and the drug life and the struggles of life in general but mostly addiction and suicide. alright i'm out. l8r.
char
Killjoy
char
March 19th, 2007 at 03:56pm
She bought the last line

Could that be about drugs?
Cocaine?

The way I see it, the song's about a guy and a girl.
He does drugs, she does drugs.
They're both very depressed and the drugs help them through.

But I'd like to learn your name,
When holding on,
Well I hope you do the same,
Awww sugar.

They don't really know each other, they're just in it for the drugs.
He wants to give up the drugs and get to know her, for real.

I don't know, just the way I see it...
BurY_M3_n_BlacK1124
Killjoy
BurY_M3_n_BlacK1124
March 20th, 2007 at 06:33pm
i think ya'll all have awesome ideas and none are wrong but i think that its about celebrity couples,addictions, and marriages. "she poked the holes so i can breathe" and "she bought the last line" in a celeb couple one person is always controlled and celebs are crazy about endorsment deals and roles.. "for the last night i lie could i lie with you" and "until the cops come ", and "lost in the prescription" celebs are always on prescription for something- anxiety depression weightloss,etc are addiction references. "check into the hotel bella muerte(hotel good death) or by the last light." hotel good death could be refering to heaven cuz what do u see when u die- a "light" at the end of the tunnel then you are judged in front of God. sorry its so long and hope nobdys offended by the bible refernce.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 31st, 2007 at 01:05pm
I figured that the Hotel Bella Morte was an actual hotel--I've been told that crystal meth users will rent a hotel room to make a meth lab, and have a party. They do it in hotels because the stench gets everywhere and never comes off the carpet, furniture, and drapes. So that whole bit about giving "the weak flight," and "the blind sight, until the cops come..." That's my theory there.

And I agree with most of the people who've posted. ChemicalAMOUR was particularly helpful, I think...
char
Killjoy
char
March 31st, 2007 at 02:46pm
Solitary Style:
I figured that the Hotel Bella Morte was an actual hotel--I've been told that crystal meth users will rent a hotel room to make a meth lab, and have a party. They do it in hotels because the stench gets everywhere and never comes off the carpet, furniture, and drapes. So that whole bit about giving "the weak flight," and "the blind sight, until the cops come..." That's my theory there.

And I agree with most of the people who've posted. ChemicalAMOUR was particularly helpful, I think...
I didn't think it was a real hotel? :S

*wonders*
xwe'll dance againx
Killjoy
xwe'll dance againx
March 31st, 2007 at 04:13pm
I think it's about being addicted to drugs and alcohol and such, and realizing that it's gonna kill you if you don't stop. You want to give it all up and fix your life, but it's hard to stop
I'm not really sure... it's just an idea
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
March 31st, 2007 at 09:42pm
i think this song is about him being on the jetset life, aka an addictive life. hes pretty much lost control of his life. or maybe hes talking about the woman figure in three cheers, and how shes on the jetset life? im not sure. but i think this song is very interesting. and the hotel bella muerte, it could be a hotel where you kill yourself. i heard it was beautiful death in english?

was that all too obvious?? lol.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
March 31st, 2007 at 10:45pm
this is pretty random but.......
i went to see 300 and in the movie one of the Greek 'soldiers' says something about a 'beautiful death' - i thought it was weird, but maybe a lot of people say it, haha Rolling Eyes
it probably has absolutely nothing to do with anything though, hahaa

Hotel Bella Muerte = beautiful death in Spanish [?]
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 31st, 2007 at 11:16pm
blazing_six-guns:
this is pretty random but.......
i went to see 300 and in the movie one of the Greek 'soldiers' says something about a 'beautiful death' - i thought it was weird, but maybe a lot of people say it, haha Rolling Eyes
it probably has absolutely nothing to do with anything though, hahaa

Hotel Bella Muerte = beautiful death in Spanish [?]

I believe its itailian(sp?), correct me if im wrong.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
March 31st, 2007 at 11:19pm
oh, i wasn't really sure : / haha
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
March 31st, 2007 at 11:29pm
all right, i have nothing to do so i went onto Babelfish.com

from spanish to english 'bella muerte' mean 'beautiful death'
but from italian to english it came out as 'beautiful muerte'
i'm confused!!!! : /
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 1st, 2007 at 12:59am
Depending on how it's spelled and pronounced--Spanish=bella muerte, Italian=bella morte. Gerard pronounces the "ll" in bella the way an Italian would; a Spanish-speaker would pronounce the double L as a Y sound. Besides, I'm reading here that Gerard is half Italian, anyway. So I'm pretty sure it's "Bella Morte," in Italian.

I can understand why so many would think it's Spanish, though--isn't the plot supposed to take place in Mexico? I'm a little unclear (bought the CD on iTunes).
xwe'll dance againx
Killjoy
xwe'll dance againx
April 1st, 2007 at 04:56am
utterlyempty:
A killing jar is used by bug/butterfly collectors. It is just a jar with cotton on the bottom. The cotton is soaked in ether so that when you catch a butterfly you can put it in the jar. The butterfly dies without harming its wings then it can be displayed.

Burn all the Empires:
Does anyone know what a 'Killing Jar' is? Or is it a euphamism?

Gerard is half Italian and although I don't know if he can speak Italian I think he is saying "bella morte." The Italian for beautiful death is very close to Spanish, Bella Muerte.

MAybe the killing jar means the same as the Hotel Bella Muerte? I was thinking because of the butterfly dyeing without harming it's wings, it seems sort of gentle...
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 1st, 2007 at 12:37pm
xwe'll dance againx:
utterlyempty:
A killing jar is used by bug/butterfly collectors. It is just a jar with cotton on the bottom. The cotton is soaked in ether so that when you catch a butterfly you can put it in the jar. The butterfly dies without harming its wings then it can be displayed.

Burn all the Empires:
Does anyone know what a 'Killing Jar' is? Or is it a euphamism?

Gerard is half Italian and although I don't know if he can speak Italian I think he is saying "bella morte." The Italian for beautiful death is very close to Spanish, Bella Muerte.

MAybe the killing jar means the same as the Hotel Bella Muerte? I was thinking because of the butterfly dyeing without harming it's wings, it seems sort of gentle...

that sounds right, i never thought of comparing the two : ]
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 1st, 2007 at 12:40pm
Solitary Style:
Depending on how it's spelled and pronounced--Spanish=bella muerte, Italian=bella morte. Gerard pronounces the "ll" in bella the way an Italian would; a Spanish-speaker would pronounce the double L as a Y sound. Besides, I'm reading here that Gerard is half Italian, anyway. So I'm pretty sure it's "Bella Morte," in Italian.

I can understand why so many would think it's Spanish, though--isn't the plot supposed to take place in Mexico? I'm a little unclear (bought the CD on iTunes).

i think you're right, it makes more sense for it to be in Italian rather than Spanish : ]
i never heard that it was supposed to take place in Mexico....where did you hear that *curious*