Don't have an account? Create one!

The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

AuthorMessage
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 2nd, 2007 at 01:43am
To be honest, I don't know. I've been doing a lot of reading about, and I thought it was somewhere around the INO forum. Something about the man and woman being in the Mexican mafia, getting in trouble, and running away. The hit men caught up with them and killed them ("Demolition Lovers"Wink and then the whole 1000 body story. That's what I've been able to piece together from what I've read. Sorry I don't have any concrete information...wish I could get my hands on the booklet and get the full story.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 7th, 2007 at 02:21pm
okay, thanks for the info. : D
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 7th, 2007 at 06:52pm
oki we all know its about wanning to kill your self and drug use ,,
but i thiknits one of the most butyfull lyric..
"and for the last night i lie,culd i lie with you"
its just so fucking beutyfull!!
i mean these lyrics are so fkn meaningfull and i realy fucking love these guys until ill be in my fucking grave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My_Bloody_Romance66
Killjoy
My_Bloody_Romance66
May 15th, 2007 at 03:26pm
Okay.. Well let me Start out as I'm half way retarded (or at least I think So) so I'm really not that great at finding hidden messages. And i DO agree with the whole Drug addiction thing.. okay

Gaze into her killing jar
Could be reffering to a jar of prescription drugs.

She even poked the holes so I can breathe.
maybe she's an addict to meth also, so when they have a LONG time period without the substance they are addicted to, they usually pick at their skin, so it kinda looks like holes.

She bought the last line.<-- maybe her Meth from the dealer? or maybe on perscription drugs you know how there is u can only refill this X amount of times bfore..

I'm just the worst kind.
Of guy to argue.
With what you might find.<--- okay maybe she's starting to influence him

Lost in the prescription
she's got something else in mind (something else in mind).<-- meaning she might NEED the prescription drug but she is misusing it because she has something else in mind.

It's just the hardest part of living.<-- could that be referring to withdrawal?

Slip into the tragedy you've spun this chamber dry. isn't that what they call the thing that you smoke METH in?

okay so this is what i think it's all about, and im not smart and everything, so i hope this is right.
total.wreck-
Killjoy
total.wreck-
May 18th, 2007 at 08:37pm
St. Arvin:
PassionBetweenLovers:

Serioulsy I think of it like that 2 but I didn't no Gerard can speak Spanish,"
Welcome to the Hotel Bella Muerte..."
It's actually Italian for 'beautiful death'

Sorry, I just had to say that he is part italian, so that makes sense.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:30pm
I think its about someone on gruds and stuff like when it says 'gaze in to her killing jar' its gazing in to a jar full of pills/drugs.
Bibz
Really Not Okay
Bibz
July 2nd, 2007 at 05:35pm
well its about addiction obviously,
Gaze into her killing jar I'd sometimes stare for hours (reference to how drugs space you out so much that you'll stare at something so basic)

She bought the last line ( last line of some special sniffy stuff DRUGS!)
I'm just the worst kind
Of guy to argue (tempermental reaction to the drugs)
With what you might find
And for the last night I lie
Could I lie with you? (when he burnsout of goes through with drawel he feels like dieing)

Lost in the prescription she's got something else in mind (something else as in a real drug as opposed to prozac or another perscription)

It gives the weak flight
It gives the blind sight (the need to take more or stronger drugs to get high like he used to)
Until the cops come (drug bust, or to save him from an overdose)
Or by the last light
And for the last night I lie
Could I lie next to you?

Pull the plug
But I'd like to learn your name
When holding on
Well I hope you do the same
Awww sugar
Slip into this tragedy you've spun this chamber dry (the wanting to know someone when they're not high)
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 4th, 2007 at 05:47pm
I thnk drugs could be part. among other things. but yea I kinda agree with everyone here.
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
July 6th, 2007 at 09:22pm
I agree with those of you who said it is also about drugs (gaze into her killing jar/she bought the last line/lost in the prescription) but if I'd have to look maybe a little "closer" I'd say it is about maybe Gerard's experience with alcohol and drugs.

He stated himself that at the time, he used to think that in order for him to be who he was on stage, who everybody came to see and screamed for, he needed the alcohol, he needed to be drunk and high.
What makes me think about it this way is the title, jetsetters are the wealthiest people, who are usually very glamorous and famous, but we hear about 'celebrities' suffering from eating disorders, drug addiction etc. all the time. Maybe he's just trying to say that you (him) need to make sure you take care of yourself(himself).

I must also say that the whole idea of him talking about someone he cares about who is destroying himself with drugs/whatever and is maybe ending is life, but he wants to get to know her better and hopes she would too sounds very logical.
I Loves Frank Iero
Killjoy
I Loves Frank Iero
July 30th, 2007 at 08:19am
Botox_Botox:
PassionBetweenLovers:
Tim Burton:
Reminds me of a hard-rock Hotel California by the Eagles, which was about drugs

So yeah

And the 'Jetset Life' is partying, so yeah...

I love Gerard okay.

LMFAO !
Bella Muerta is Italian, and Gerard IS half Italian .
His grandmother's name is Elena, which is the same as my Nona ^.^
I Loves Frank Iero
Killjoy
I Loves Frank Iero
July 30th, 2007 at 08:29am
I Loves Frank Iero:
Botox_Botox:
PassionBetweenLovers:
Tim Burton:
Reminds me of a hard-rock Hotel California by the Eagles, which was about drugs

So yeah

And the 'Jetset Life' is partying, so yeah...

I love Gerard okay.

LMFAO !
Bella Muerta is Italian, and Gerard IS half Italian .
His grandmother's name is Elena, which is the same as my Nona ^.^

**Muerte lol

BTW !
No one probably knows what I'm talking about or agrees with me .
I know what this song is about, but when I first heard it, I thought of Aunt Pol from the Belgariad lol .
Don't ask me why lmfao !
But I've always thought it was about drugs ETC ETC ETC .
But for some reason, I always pictured some cheap crack house, like the one on CSI that one time lmfao .
And The girl in the song is actually a prostitute, but in a drunken stupor, the man falls in love with her .
"For the last night I lye, could I lye next to you?"
And she's trying to get him high (She bought last line/She wants it all/lost in the perscription; she's got something else in mind)
And the part "It gives the weak flight/It gives the blind sight/Until the cops come/or by the last light" is obvs. talking about drugs .
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
August 15th, 2007 at 07:37am
Honestly, at first, when I read the title of the song, it pretty much made
me feel confused. But when I heard it, I felt that it showed some different meaning... I don't know, I'm really confused about this song.
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
August 20th, 2007 at 06:56pm
I`ve never really thought about song meanings so much because it`s just the feeling the song gives me that matters. But to come to think of it, I guess it could really be about a drug addiction. This way or that, this song is one of my favourites from MCR.
Angel of the Lord
Killjoy
Angel of the Lord
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:06pm
When i first heard the song, i didn't think muchof it, besides that the song left me confused. But now that Bibz gaze all the background, well, it's actually pretty sad.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
October 6th, 2007 at 08:25pm
well i think it's about (obviously) drug use and suicide

i think the killing jar could be whatever the drugs or w/e are in

poking holes so he could breathe.... i have no clue

I think the line "it's just the hardest part of living" could refer to why he's doing drugs. To deal with whatever is the hardest part of living

for the last night i lie, i think that's like he could die any second of drug use and he watns to make the best of his time

pull the plug but i'd like ot learn your name... like when you're in a hospital and they are keeping you on life support but you know that you are just going to die and the learn your name thing could be that he doesnt want any more fake masks or anything, he just wants to die knowing the truth and he wants her to know the truth about him too.

i have no idea about the "spun this chamber dry" does anyone have any ideas?
Mary Jane
Killjoy
Mary Jane
November 19th, 2007 at 01:38pm
I am going to write a songfic about this song, so I read into the lyrics and this is what I think it means (just thought I would share):

Gaze into her killing jar
I'd sometimes stare for hours.
She even poked the holes so I can breathe.

A killing jar is a jar that is used to kill bugs, it has a lot of drugs in it (and it used to have a leathal drug that's used in exicution). This means he stares at her drugs, sometimes for hours (meaning that he has seen it many times before.) 'She even poked the holes so I can breathe.' She's even prepared some drugs for him. (Drugs being the relfief for him to breathe.)

The other meaning could be that the killing jar is her home, he'd stare in it for hours and she has even opened windows for him to breathe.

Judging by the words used, it seems as though he is thinking.

She bought the last line.
I'm just the worst kind.
Of guy to argue.
With what you might find.
And for the last night I lie.
Could I lie with you?

She bought the last line (drugs). He's the worst kind of guy to argue with her, so he lets her do it. I think that the line 'with what you might find', is where he's actually talking to her; where as he says she in a few sentences, then you. I believe he is thinking to himself, then speaks to her. 'and for the last night, I lie,' I believe he is speaking of a previous night, where he had lied to her. He takes it back. Or, he could be saying he wants to lie one last time and die with her.

Alright...
Give up. Get down.
Its just the hardest part of living.
She wants. It all to come down this time.

After asking her if her he could do the drugs with her (Could I lie with you?) she says 'alright, give up, get down, its just the hardest part of living.' Then he thinks, 'She wants it all to come down this time,' she wants to use the drugs for other than getting high.

Lost in the prescription she's got something else in mind.
Check into the Hotel Bella Muerte.

She's lost in the drugs, she's too influenced by drugs that she wants to die because she thinks her life too hard to live in and he realizes this.

It gives the weak flight.
It gives the blind sight.
Until the cops come.
Or by the last light.
And for the last night I lie.
Could I lie next to you?

The drugs give the effect of flying, but it's weak and he's not enjoying it, it makes him lose his sight. 'It gives the weak sight.' 'Until the cops come' (after they are found dead) or 'by the last night' (of their lives.) Then, he askes if he could lie next to her when she dies.

Alright...
Give up. Get down.

Pull the plug.
But I'd like to learn your name.
And holding on.
Well I hope you do the same.
Awww sugar.
Slip into this tragedy you've spun this chamber dry.

I believe she says 'pull the plug' as in, okay, I'm ready to due. But he says 'but I'd like to learn your name,' he wants to know who she is when she's sober. So, he holds on and tells her that he hopes she does the same 'hold on.' Then she says 'Aww, sugar. Spin into this tragedy, you've spun this chamber dry,' saying realize what you have done. I also believe that maybe 'you've spun this chamber dry' is referring to him having all the sex he could get from her, or that he's argued with her enough and worn her out. Also, whoever is saying 'aww, sugar' could be referring to the drugs, because coke and meth are sometimes called sugar, but yeah, he/she could be calling for the other.

Alright...
Give up. Get down.

Pull the plug.
But I'd like to learn your name.
And holding on.
Well I hope you do the same.
Awww sugar.

I believe that they haven't died yet. I also think that she drags him into the drugs she's doing, but he survives it and she doesn't. But it also could be that he's just letting her do the drugs by lying to her and watching her die. I've just read it through and that's my conclusion of it. But yes, it's about suicide, love and maybe the arguments they had with one another. (:
DISENCHANTED23
Killjoy
DISENCHANTED23
December 5th, 2007 at 06:14pm
I heard or read somewhere that it is about when you become famous and how it would change you. hence "the JETSET life is gonna kill you" partying all the time and doing drugs will kill you. :] ha that's just what I think.
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
December 12th, 2007 at 09:13pm
I think that this song is about a drug addict (Gerard)
who reliazes how bad his life is so he is going to kill himself.
WellYouDon'tSay?
Killjoy
WellYouDon'tSay?
February 12th, 2008 at 04:55pm
Before someone said a killing jar was used to kill butterflies without damaging their wings. The symbol for freedom is often a butterfly. Maybe the girl is "killing" the guy's freedom with her druggy lifestyle?
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
February 12th, 2008 at 11:22pm
All I know about this song is from a interview Gerard said it was about drugs or drug addiction. something running around that