Don't have an account? Create one!

The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

AuthorMessage
Cave_U_Call_A_Chest
Killjoy
Cave_U_Call_A_Chest
February 22nd, 2008 at 02:19am
I think the song is about gerard using a female in tems of his drug addiction["Gaze into her killing jar I'd sometimes stare for hours"]
her meaning the addiction the killing jar meaning a bottle of pills
["She even poked the holes so I can breathe"]As in the addiction
will let him live but by the skin of his teeth[I'm just the worst kind
Of guy to argue]when ur addicted to somthing it is very hard to argue
with that addiction and this is him saying that he's the worst at it[for last night I lie
Could I lie with you] him saying that he's trying to quit but he goes right back to it{Alright Give up
Get down. It's just the hardest part of living}he's saying alright he gives up
he's going to do it but addictoin and depresion are the most hardest parts of living for him right now[ Lost in the prescription she's got something else in mind]the addiction is not satisfied with the pills anymore
so it moves up to coke(It gives the weak flight
It gives the blind sight)he feels as thow that his new addiction can do anything and is also making him feel better.
(Pull the plug
But I'd like to learn your name
When holding on
Well I hope you do the same
Awww sugar
Slip into this tragedy you've spun this chamber dry)Now He's at a point
were he life means nothing and he is asking the addiction to pull the plug
he has nothing else to live for but now a little off subject you know how gerard see's death coming for you in many ways well i think death came for him as a female that is a demon of addiction
but before he goes he wants to know the demons name
and he's telling the demon how she destroyed his life

Basicly how drugs mde his life bad to worst to total suckage

(just a thought)
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
February 29th, 2008 at 07:59pm
Solitary Style.:
Depending on how it's spelled and pronounced--Spanish=bella muerte, Italian=bella morte. Gerard pronounces the "ll" in bella the way an Italian would; a Spanish-speaker would pronounce the double L as a Y sound. Besides, I'm reading here that Gerard is half Italian, anyway. So I'm pretty sure it's "Bella Morte," in Italian.

I can understand why so many would think it's Spanish, though--isn't the plot supposed to take place in Mexico? I'm a little unclear (bought the CD on iTunes).
You're exactly right. I should have thought of that -- I'm supposed to be learning Spanish. But it says "the hotel bella muerte" in the liner notes, so I will always think of those words during the song. (That doesn't have much to do with the meaning, really.)

I always felt that I understood this song exactly, but it's very hard to put into words.

I noticed he said "could I lie with you?", then he says "could I lie next to you?" I think that could mean she's no longer aware of him there.

For some reason I thought the chamber he meant was the brain, does that make any sense?
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
April 19th, 2008 at 10:34am
Melius.:
I don't think it's weird that gerard speaks italian. He's half italian Razz
I thought that that was Spanish!!
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 17th, 2008 at 12:41am
I agree with most of the posts, but I'd just like to point something out I thought of then.

''Gaze into her killing jar
I'd sometimes stare for hours (sometimes stare for hours).
She even poked the holes so I can breathe.
She bought the last line''

I think ''she'' isnt a girl at all. I think its referring to the drugs, rather than a lover or friend.

''Gaze into her killing jar'' - Drugs often end up killing you. He feels trapped, like a bug in a jar. And if you keep a bug in a jar for too long, it dies.

''I'd sometimes stare for hours (sometimes stare for hours)'' - I... cant really interperet this bit. Possibly feeling as though he was going to die soon?

''She even poked the holes so I can breathe'' - The drugs were making it hard for him to live, but now he's so addicted he feels as though the drugs are helping him to live.

''She bought the last line'' - Im really stuck on this bit.. Im not too sure.

So thats my theory to the ''she'' thing. Smile
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 18th, 2008 at 11:14am
in St. Louis, when they was about to play this song, Gerard said it was about the first time he took cocaine.
imWAYaddicted
Killjoy
imWAYaddicted
February 18th, 2009 at 12:35am
well when i first read the lyrics, i first thought i had was of a girl in a coffin, with the one she loved taking drugs to ease the pain, but asking if he could lie there with her. to me, the "hotel bella muerte" could be like just a metaphor for her death...idk, just thoughts Smile
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
March 9th, 2009 at 08:48am
Maybe the whole 'hotel bella muerte' thing was about how cocaine & all those 'high end/designer' drugs are seen as being so glamorous considered bella muerte means beautiful death
KillinGxWisH
Killjoy
KillinGxWisH
March 22nd, 2009 at 11:18am
total.wreck-:
St. Arvin:
PassionBetweenLovers:

Serioulsy I think of it like that 2 but I didn't no Gerard can speak Spanish,"
Welcome to the Hotel Bella Muerte..."
It's actually Italian for 'beautiful death'

Sorry, I just had to say that he is part italian, so that makes sense.

actually bella muerte is not italian cause i live near italy an it says hotel bella morte , hotel bella muerte is in spanish
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
March 22nd, 2009 at 12:14pm
St. Arvin:
PassionBetweenLovers:

Serioulsy I think of it like that 2 but I didn't no Gerard can speak Spanish,"
Welcome to the Hotel Bella Muerte..."
It's actually Italian for 'beautiful death'

Sorry for spamming, but actually "bella muerte" is Spanish for "beautiful death".
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
March 31st, 2009 at 06:32pm
Yep, my interpertation has been explained. Basicaly it is about someone who almost kills themself by pills in a hotel. And then she dies. Sad
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
April 2nd, 2009 at 12:49pm
matthew followill.:
I agree with most of the posts, but I'd just like to point something out I thought of then.

''Gaze into her killing jar
I'd sometimes stare for hours (sometimes stare for hours).
She even poked the holes so I can breathe.
She bought the last line''

I think ''she'' isnt a girl at all. I think its referring to the drugs, rather than a lover or friend.

''Gaze into her killing jar'' - Drugs often end up killing you. He feels trapped, like a bug in a jar. And if you keep a bug in a jar for too long, it dies.

''I'd sometimes stare for hours (sometimes stare for hours)'' - I... cant really interperet this bit. Possibly feeling as though he was going to die soon?

''She even poked the holes so I can breathe'' - The drugs were making it hard for him to live, but now he's so addicted he feels as though the drugs are helping him to live.

''She bought the last line'' - Im really stuck on this bit.. Im not too sure.

So thats my theory to the ''she'' thing. Smile

Just to add my own input to this, I think the "I'd sometimes stare for hours" means he'd sometimes be under the influence of the drugs for ages, hours and hours. I think Gerard used 'stare' metaphorically, because it links from the idea of gazing in the previous line.
xXVioletRoseXx
Killjoy
xXVioletRoseXx
April 28th, 2009 at 08:40am
i think the killing jar is HER heart ant the poked the holes is like saying that she wont let hin go. the name part is confusing, but i could be wrong.
xxkkcolleenxx
Killjoy
xxkkcolleenxx
May 27th, 2009 at 08:22pm
i dont know,i think that maybe not only was Gerard (or whoever hes talking about) addicted to the drugs,but so was the girl,but Gerard wanted to stop and he says "holding on and i hope you do the same" saying that he was quiting and he hopes she'll do the same
MCR Vampire21
Killjoy
MCR Vampire21
May 29th, 2009 at 04:31pm
I always thought he was talking about drug use and him holding on so he didn't kill himself
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 13th, 2009 at 05:54pm
i think its talking about drugs or a girl helping a guy, how she would help him even through difficult times, and that living with a drug addict is the worst kind of guy to live with, he is scared that she will find out or scared of hurting her, and wondering for his last night could he be with her, she is lost in her thoughts, and he wants to check into a hotel to spend his last night with her before he dies or before the cops come, but while hes in prison he'll hold on to her and hopes she will to
mcrlife
Killjoy
mcrlife
November 9th, 2009 at 12:01pm
I believe it's about suicide, and trying to prevent it.

"Alright, give up, get down
It's just the hardest part of living."
Obviously, just saying that this certain person is 'giving up', or committing suicide.

"Alright, she wants
It all to come down this time."
She wants to die

"Lost in the prescription..."
She's going to use pills.

"Pull the plug.
But I'd like to learn your name."
For this line I imagined the suicidal girl drowning herself in a bathtub, and Gerard telling her to 'pull the plug, I'd like to learn your name'.

"And holding on.
Well I hope you do the same."
Gerard explaining that he himself has made it through life, so so should she.

Overall I really love this song, because in my opinion it has some sort of message, since I think it's about preventing suicide. Everyone thinks it's about drugs, and it might be, but I also think suicide is weaved in there somewhere.
lilythestar
Killjoy
lilythestar
November 10th, 2009 at 01:44am
at first I thought it was about cops but yeah it is about drugs
ILoveYouGerardWay!!
Killjoy
ILoveYouGerardWay!!
February 13th, 2010 at 02:37pm
I love this song, Its really good! I love My Chem

<3 <3 <3 Gerard Way<3 <3 <3
LostMyFearOfFalling-
Killjoy
LostMyFearOfFalling-
February 20th, 2012 at 04:06pm
Like most of you guys, I agree it's to do with drug addiction.

"Lost in the prescription, she's got something else in mind."
Prescription drugs most likely? Overdosing on drugs, and they're getting to her head, hence the 'She's got something else in mind' from what she should normally, maybe?

"Check into the Hotel Bella Muerte."
Bella Muerte means beautiful death.. Maybe they're checking into a hotel room to overdose and possibly die from so much of an overdose? This line really interests me, mainly because of how much Gerard's spoke about how he was so obsessed with the idea of self destruction, and how there was something beautiful and romantic about it. This song is pretty much that?

"It gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight; until the cops come."
Again, drugs. They're so strong they'd give the weak flight/ability to travel using their own body, and so strong that they'd give the blind the ability to see again.. I'm not too sure on the next bit, but the 'Until the cops come' bit, I think maybe would be to do with turning up to find the over-dosed body in the hotel room? Maybe where the whole 'Murder Scene' idea comes in? I'm not sure, just my synopsis :3