Don't have an account? Create one!

Meeting MCR (life changing)

AuthorMessage
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
December 12th, 2007 at 08:54am
aww nab! reading your entry totally made me smile! x) i am so glad they came and i appreciate it so much.
lols the fro is never wrong (hmmmmms)
Gerard_LoverXx
Killjoy
Gerard_LoverXx
December 17th, 2007 at 06:09pm
omg i actually cried.
your so freakin lucky i am so super happy for you.
omg and you acted like a total goof, but omg every last fan ever would have done that =]
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
December 17th, 2007 at 10:17pm
LOL I've never been happier to be told that I acted like a total goof. XD Thanks for reading, guys.((: I guess it could've been better, but you know what, I'll take what I get! Hehh.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
December 17th, 2007 at 11:40pm
Nab, i read your post and aawwggh. I almost cried too. I recounted every single thing and yes, it was the single most fucking amazing thing that happened to me this year too <3
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
December 17th, 2007 at 11:44pm
Awwwghhh.
I WANT THEM BACKKKKK. Ok, no, I have to get a life. And when they come back, we'll meet them again. We will.
Cemetery Drive1992
Killjoy
Cemetery Drive1992
January 2nd, 2008 at 07:24am
I'm so happy that you met them! Lucky Smile
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
January 2nd, 2008 at 03:12pm
I havn't met them...YET!!
Hopefully I will...
XD
And I'll end up being a total fangirl, probably.
*blush*

My friends step-dad was, like, TWO seats away from Gerard at Oxygen...
Got her an autograph...
XD
I can just see it...
*huge culchi irish man asks really American Gerard for an autograph*
Funny...
KittyKatt!
Killjoy
KittyKatt!
January 9th, 2008 at 11:56am
i met mcr when they came to malaysia last month..
they're so nice and frank was soooo cute!!!
and all i can say to them that time is 'i'm sooo excited to c you guys!!'
and frank was like 'its good to c you too'
huhu i miss them soooo much!!
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
January 9th, 2008 at 11:59am
I'm so happy for all you guys.
I'd love to meet them. But I don't know what I'd do.
In Love
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
January 20th, 2008 at 08:46am
gaaaaaahh i cant remember if i posted this or not.. but this is from quite a while ago.. REALLY LONG TOOO

So today... 14/11/07 is a day i'll never forget... its the day i met my favourite comic book author, artist, and frontman... yes.. Gerard Arthur Way.

So i woke up at 4:00 in the morning to get ready and pack for school and stuff and i managed to leave the house at 4:45.. i moved slowly because it was too early in the morning.

The bus (so early in the morning that it was a night bus) came relatively quickly, which i am happy of because i was FREEZZING!! The ride down Oxford Street was suprisingly peaceful (i usually hate the place) and i got to see all the christmas lights lit up, and it wasn't crowded.

When i finally got to Tottenham Court Road, i started off in a direction that i thought was right.. but ended up being wrong.. it took me a little over 30 minutes to find the Forbbiden planet (it was suppose to be a 5 minute walk). Well i finally found it and got in line. I sat down and started to do my hw that was due for the day.

I soon got extremely bored of my hw.. it could also be due to the fact that i was freezing and sleepy.. so i put it away and started to talk to the people standing next to me...and about the gigs we both went to.They were very cool. So finally at 6.30, i got the courage to ask them that if i left at 7 am and went to school and came back around 11, if they would save my place. (because my mom FORCED me to go to 2 classes). Forunately they kindly agreed to. So i left the line, and it took me 3 minutes to find my way back.. jeez.. lol

I got back to my house at 7:15 am and went inside, ate breakfast, and did stuff and then got on my school bus and went to school.

After my Human Geo class (which i left 20 min. early) i started my journey back. and again it took me 30 minutes to find the Forbidden Planet from Tottenham Court Road (am i stupid or what? ). It was crowded when i got back but i managed to find my peers and jumped back in line (we also had numbers to tell us the order.. i was 94).

So around 12, Gerard arrived. *cue lots of loud screaming and chasing after his car*. It took him like 20 minutes to get ready but when he did, it went quite smoothly.. Right before i went in, a girl came out screaming that Mikey was there as well.

So my turn came and i walked in and i squeed because i saw worm haha.. so i got my comic books and while i was waiting for my turn i was actually almost sleeping on the table gerard was signing on haha
but finally it was my turn.. and can i just say THANKYOU to gerard who was really nice and personal with you. Right when i went up he extended his hand, looked right in your eye and shook it.
Heres my uber short conversation
Gee: Hey, how are you doing?
Me: Im very well, thankyou, a little cold, how are you?
Gee: I'm really great thanks for asking!
Me: um.. ( i had no idea how to respond to that so i just watched him sign)
Gee: Thanks so much for coming today
Me: Thank you!
Gee writes on my comic book Thanks, xoxo g, but funniest part was.. as he wrote it.. he was totally thinking out loud and saying the words as he wrote it haha.. so he was mouthing and whispering to him self.. Thanks.. it was like watching alittle kid lol
Then worm touched my shoulder *omg* and told me that the exit was that way.. hes so nice... and as i left, i look at gerard one last time and i saw Mikey... awsum

Long review.. sorry i know..
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
January 20th, 2008 at 04:25pm
Lucky.
I'd love to meet them so much.
If I ever get a chance to meet them.
Which I wish every day. Very Happy
I have no idea what I'd say.
So many questions I'd wanna ask but if they were in front of me, I'd forget them all.
I just wouldnt know what to do.
But it's so great that you got to meet them. Very Happy
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 20th, 2008 at 07:35pm
You have to go to the concert early for M&Gs, right? And...where do you go and shizz? I really want to know, for the future.
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 25th, 2008 at 06:50pm
Awww, i loved reading through the sories on this thread!

The only member of MCR ive met is Frank. I met him after the newcastle gig last november. He is the nicest famous person i've ever met Very Happy...i owe my friend who came to the MCR gig with me (who doesnt even like the band) and my mum so much because both waited with me in the freezing cold for 2 hours so i could meet Frank!

He signed the back of my engraving i done of him http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=4069169972&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=4983751926
and this is the back of the engraving http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=4069169972&PhotoAlbumId=6109045405&PhotoId=6483965981
He was really nice and talkative, which i was surprised about because i was right against the gate and i was watching him go along the line signing, he just kept looking down and signing quickly along the line and didn't look like he was saying much (just thanks or hi or something). When he did start to speak to me, gave me eye contact and actually took time to look at what i made and asking me questions i was really really shocked lol.

My friend was really good and took photos of him for me. I still feel bad getting her to wait with me for 2 hours though. I was hoping that the 4 London dates rumored were true so i could try to meet Frank again or meet another member so i could get them to sign the back of the engraving i done of tem aswell. Im so sad the dates are fake Sad lol i dont want to have to wait another 2 years to see them lol.

Jack Twist.:
Lucky.
I'd love to meet them so much.
If I ever get a chance to meet them.
Which I wish every day. Very Happy
I have no idea what I'd say.
So many questions I'd wanna ask but if they were in front of me, I'd forget them all.
I just wouldnt know what to do.
But it's so great that you got to meet them. Very Happy

I had planned what i was going to say to the band if i met any of them, and when Frank got to me then he looked up and gave me eye contact i just froze lol and said totally random stuff which i wasn't planning because my mind went totally blank when i looked at him lol...i hope i didnt make myself look too stupid when i spoke to him lol.

Sucre Vengeance:
You have to go to the concert early for M&Gs, right? And...where do you go and shizz? I really want to know, for the future.

Well, for most bands they tend to do meet and greets before a concert because it means that they can get away from the concert as soon as it finishes, but at the newcastle gig i think they might of had a meet & greet after tit. Also i thik usually you need to have "connections" or win a competition to go to a meet and greet.

I dont know how accurate i am as ive never been to a meet and greet, so anyone who can answer the question better please do.
Ken Hidaka
Salute You in Your Grave
Ken Hidaka
January 26th, 2008 at 11:09am
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 26th, 2008 at 07:23pm
khelda:

Well, for most bands they tend to do meet and greets before a concert because it means that they can get away from the concert as soon as it finishes, but at the newcastle gig i think they might of had a meet & greet after tit. Also i thik usually you need to have "connections" or win a competition to go to a meet and greet.

I dont know how accurate i am as ive never been to a meet and greet, so anyone who can answer the question better please do.

Okay. How did you meet Frank though? And besides that--someone please answer about the M&Gs.
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 26th, 2008 at 09:01pm
Sucre Vengeance:

Okay. How did you meet Frank though? And besides that--someone please answer about the M&Gs.

I was at the gig in Newcastle then after the gig, i went to the gates that closes off the bus area, and waited there for 2 hours until Frank came out.

I don't know if you live in the UK or not but in Scotland and England there has been a smoking ban in public places, which means that bands can't smoke inside so have to come outside to their buses to have a cigarette. This means that a smoker in a band will probably come outside to smoke during the support act before they go onstage. So i decided to hang around the gates area before MCR came on because i thought i was bound to see Frank, Gerard or Bob (i didn't know if anyone else in MCR smoke) but i looked up at a certain window and i could see different members when they looked in the mirror, or leaning against the windowsill (window was shut unfortunately Sad lol). I waited and waited outside for the whole of MSI's performance and didnt see 1 come out (and the security guys thought i was abit of a weirdo XD lol) then i notice one of the members by a window in the room next door smoking...so i didn't get to see them before the show.

It must depend on the venue how strict they are about the smoking ban like at the SECC (arena in Glasgow, Scotland) there are detectors in the rooms so bands cant smoke otherwise the alarm goes off.

I was really surprised though that i didnt see any other fans standing at the gates before the show. I guess maybe other fans knew that with Newcastle metro arena that they werent strict about not smoking. Or maybe all the fans who would want to meet them had standing tickets so wanted to make sure they were close to the stage instead.

Hope ive helped you know how to to have a chance of meeting them
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 26th, 2008 at 09:20pm
^^Oh cool. =] Smoking isn't banned in the US right?Shifty2
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 27th, 2008 at 03:25pm
Sucre Vengeance:
^^Oh cool. =] Smoking isn't banned in the US right?Shifty2

oh, is that where you live...probably not then. The only places i can think of that have a smoking ban in public places are Scotland, England, Northern Ireland (if not its Ireland) and Italy i think. Will you be going to bamboozle left or is it not near you? If so i dont know how likely it would be to meet MCR because ive never been to a festival type gig.
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 27th, 2008 at 08:38pm
No, but since MCR is touring in South America and Asia then I figured they'd be going to the other continents too so yeah...
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 28th, 2008 at 11:50am
Sucre Vengeance:
No, but since MCR is touring in South America and Asia then I figured they'd be going to the other continents too so yeah...

Yeah...too bad the London dates were fake and that there not touring till another couple of years back here.