Don't have an account? Create one!

Famous Last Words Video Premier.

AuthorMessage
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
December 14th, 2006 at 05:32am
Okay, now that a better version is out on YouTube, some thoughts.

I can see how Frank would get so hyper as to tackle Gerard, so that makes sense now.

I feel more sorry for Bob than ever and wish to pet him.

Mikey seemed pretty out of it again, he doesn't do much does he?

Ray looked cute laying down like that and as usual I'm still captivated by his finger work.

Gerard was doing "The Worm" and was acting more like he was possessed than insane... Cool.

I don't know if there was a point to this video but it was wildly entertaining none the less. So yay!
ItGirlRagDoll
Killjoy
ItGirlRagDoll
December 14th, 2006 at 08:16am
Shotgun_x_Wedding:
ItGirlRagDoll:
There are a lot of places to see the video now but here's one more. better than NME and hopefully those outside uk can see it.
It's on MTV overdrive and it's FULL SCREEN:

http://mtv.co.uk/channel/overdrive

make sure pop-up blocker isn't on.

nope, mine said it's not available outside the UK

i thought it'd work. what about MTV in your country, does it have Overdrive?
ChemicalLuq
Killjoy
ChemicalLuq
December 14th, 2006 at 11:17am
I was just randomly searching for Famous Last Words on youtube when I instantly saw what looks like a music video.

I watched and it realised it was Famous Last Word's MV!
It was frigging awesome. Though it ain't much, the guys sure put alot of effort and suffered through alot to get it done. And it was done perfectly at a top notch.

Yay for MCR!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 14th, 2006 at 05:08pm
*cough cough* ...

This is from lovesongwriter on lj, I did NOT see them in Milwaukee last night, nor did I meet the amazing Frank Iero

"Last night in Milwaukee, we were doing the whole waiting thing for the band post-show.

I had managed to meet Frank, he came over from the bus to do his whole signing thing. When I was getting my card signed I told him I had enjoyed the FLW video. He turned to me and said "Oh. That's not done yet."

I was a little taken aback and said "But it was released in Europe." and he sighed and nodded and told me this:

The edit for the Famous Last Words video isn't the one they approved. They actually hadn't approved one as of yet. The record company as Frank had put it "was tired of us being perfectionists" and not being satisfied with how the video was edited just yet. They kept tweaking it and finally the reason FLW was given such a soft release overseas was cause this isn't the finished product.

So yeah, WBR and MCR butted heads on the edit of this video and that's why there is no big release for the US yet. Because they're going to, I guess, rerelease for the Europe kids and us the actual final edited video. Frank says that the final edit "will be way better." Because he wasn't satisfied they got the best intensity of the day in the video.

Yeah that's all. Don't jump on me if this is wrong, I'm going by what Frank had explained to me. I'd assume he's speaking for the band on the video. But he could be wrong or right. I don't know.

But the Milwaukee show was awesome! I don't have a full write up yet, since I just drove home but it was really cool."
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
December 14th, 2006 at 05:56pm
^ I just read about this and was then about to post it!
I'm so fucking pissed off with Warner Bros.
No wonder Channel 4 dropped it last minute over here and why it got no big premiere.
That really fucking sucks for the guys Sad
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
December 14th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Damn it. >.<

Well, I'm looking forward to the real one... =/
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 14th, 2006 at 06:20pm
well if the one we saw wasnt the final product...imagine how the real finishes clip would be like. i mean the one we saw was already so intense...
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
December 14th, 2006 at 06:26pm
Will there be a real one though? Or will the version we've all seen just keep getting played and the 'real' one just scrapped? Actually, from the sounds of things, they don't even have the real one yet. So maybe now this version is out in the open, they won't bother with the another one.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
December 14th, 2006 at 06:37pm
Quinn.:
well if the one we saw wasnt the final product...imagine how the real finishes clip would be like. i mean the one we saw was already so intense...

Yea, no kidding. but im guessing though theres probably only so much theyre gonna take out, you know.

Theres a lot of talk that the video was going to be released in Jan. so maybe thats when the final cut one will come out.
natisan
Fabulous Killjoy
natisan
December 14th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Wow so what we all saw was not even the final cut version. I wonder how much more intense this video can become. Either way the intensity was high, I mean my heart was pounding almost as if I was having a panic attack!

I did notice that it seemed this unfinished version was cut at non-flattering moments and some angles just didn't work at capturing scenes that matched with the song. Maybe I'm just being over critical here...don't hurt me >_<
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
December 14th, 2006 at 09:16pm
Bess:
Will there be a real one though? Or will the version we've all seen just keep getting played and the 'real' one just scrapped? Actually, from the sounds of things, they don't even have the real one yet. So maybe now this version is out in the open, they won't bother with the another one.
I am going to assume that a "real" version will be released, at least here in the US. I have had my TV on for two days straight, and haven't seen or heard anything. None of the web sites for the channels here have any mention of the video. But I'm going to go on my initial info that the video will be released here in January. If for some reason, they don't rerelease for you, we'll get it up on youtube. But from what we've seen from the band up to this point, I can't imagine they would "give up" on the video if they are unhappy with it. And even though I'm a little ticked that they released an "unfinished" version, I get to be excited all over again. YAY! Very Happy
baby im a lost cause
Killjoy
baby im a lost cause
December 14th, 2006 at 10:01pm
So that isn't the finished video yet? hmm that's weird because it premiered in Canada on Monday. Anyways, I have seen it a few times on muchmusic and on you tube.

I love the video because it is so intense. Gerard's facial expressions along with Bob and Frank's passionate performances made me speechless.

I remember when I heard that both Gerard and Bob got hurt in the video I really wanted to see it. Poor Bob, he looked like he was sooo uncomfortable in the set when he was being hurt but he tried to tough it out. I burned my arm about a week ago pretty badly so I can feel his pain.

Also, I think you see Gerard's injury in the video too. In this copy of the video at about 2:34, you see Gerard on the ground with Frank sprawled on top of him like he was just tackled. Then at about 4:00 you see what appears to be the continuation of that scene, with Gerard screaming in pain and Frank still beside him. I think this was when he tore the ligaments in his leg.

Anyways, thought I would point out when Gerard got hurt because it is a little less noticible.
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
December 15th, 2006 at 01:44am
I thought the video was lackluster and kinda messed up that you can see Bob getting injured. I'm glad that's not the real video! I hope it'll be much better!
Hide and Seek Me.
Bleeding on the Floor
Hide and Seek Me.
December 15th, 2006 at 02:52am
Bess:

I highly doubt it; something like this isn't going to make MCR just go "Stuff It, Let's be lazy".

Is this the first clash MCR have had Reprise/ Warner?
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
December 15th, 2006 at 05:17am
I don't think MCR would give up fighting for something they wanted either, it was just a random thought because sometimes these kinds of things never get resolved.

baby im a lost cause:
Also, I think you see Gerard's injury in the video too. In this copy of the video at about 2:34, you see Gerard on the ground with Frank sprawled on top of him like he was just tackled. Then at about 4:00 you see what appears to be the continuation of that scene, with Gerard screaming in pain and Frank still beside him. I think this was when he tore the ligaments in his leg.

Anyways, thought I would point out when Gerard got hurt because it is a little less noticible.

I noticed that too the second time I saw it! I'm fairly confident that is when he got injured. It's a shame it didn't show the actual tackle, but at the same time maybe the tackle would've been TOO much or something.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
December 15th, 2006 at 09:55am
now i'm totally confused about this all.. :S
PleaseSuckMyBlood
Fabulous Killjoy
PleaseSuckMyBlood
December 15th, 2006 at 10:13am
yeah, i agree
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
December 15th, 2006 at 12:01pm
Well...they all were really into it, except for Mikey of course Rolling Eyes. Lol.
I like the video now, but if it's going to be better, than I'm excited to watch it all over again.
Very Happy
Zaraza
Bleeding on the Floor
Zaraza
December 15th, 2006 at 12:08pm
I now officially saw the premiere on NRK (Norway) and I was... WoW.
There's just something about seeing it on TV, and knowing that other people see it too.
I think the video is Awesome. FLW is the last song on the album, and the video is like... an ending. And it's a perfect ending. You can see the set (the thing they were standing on in WTTBP) burn and it's just... PERFECT!!
I can imagine how it would be if they made a video for each song, and how that video would be the last. I'm completely blown away.
tidd; zero.
Killjoy
tidd; zero.
December 15th, 2006 at 01:10pm
holy shit.
i've just had time to finally sit and watch the video.
i cried when Bob was burned.

i work with the guys alot, and to realize now how Bob could've died in the making of this video, really shows how passionate they are about their fans and their music.

i was with Bob after the filming of FLW and i understood the pain he was going through, but now seeing it on screen really blows me away.

this, not even being the final cut video, is the most epic video i've seen. it portrays the outline of the black parade and the whole death perception, and shows how in love the band is with it. this is by far the best video i have ever layed eyes on.