Don't have an account? Create one!

The Black Parade back round music for a tv show commercial?

AuthorMessage
Tragic_Affairs
Killjoy
Tragic_Affairs
January 16th, 2007 at 07:55pm
[quote="truth or consequence"]
mcrcrazedfan:
Ya i saw it on CBS for a preview for Friday Night Lights.... I was kinda pissed about it lol
[/quote

Me too! My gangsta brothers sang along...
I wanted to kill someone.
Sterate_
Really Not Okay
Sterate_
January 16th, 2007 at 09:13pm
What's wrong with your 'gansta' brothers singing along to it?
*curious_mel*
Killjoy
*curious_mel*
January 16th, 2007 at 09:24pm
^^I don't mean to come off as a bitch but don't label people, that is just messed up. So what if they are singing along to it, there's nothing wrong with that. I am actually happy that MCR's music is reaching more wide and diverse audiences. I think it's about time they get the recongnition that they deserve. People that are normally into hip hop in my school have actually started sing along to Welcome to the Black Parade. To me that actually says and means a lot. MCR are starting to cross borders with their music because it's so powerful. It is nice to see people be more open minded. But that is just my opinion anyway, take it or leave it.
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
January 16th, 2007 at 10:09pm
Hmmm.
We never get commercials with good music.
Damn them.
LivingDead
Fabulous Killjoy
LivingDead
January 17th, 2007 at 05:18am
flibbertigibbet!:
Well, my local channel used Welcome To The Black Parade for advertising the season finale of Project Runway, so I don't think MCR would even know about that kind of things.

i watch project runway...but i didnt hear any of thier songs there.....
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 17th, 2007 at 09:23pm
rubbaduckie:
here is how it happend, i finished watching this extremly stupid game show with my dad (identities or something like that) and was in the kitchen (next 2 the room with the tv) when i heard the black parade coming from the tv room.

as my brother told me, i made this really strange face when i whiped my head from my project (i hoped that it wasn't on fuse or anything..don't want 2 disturb my dad with those dance off commercials...ew) and i thought, uh that couldn't be, so i stood up slowly, trying not 2 get attention and walked 2 the room...and it was some kind of soap oprea...or drama show commercials!

i only saw acouple of seconds of it but it was a girl...in a car crash... i believe

my brother said this "seeeeeeeell ooooooooouuuut"
i have no comment

i am wondering if anyone else saw this... and what you think of it O..O

Yeah! I saw the commercial as well. I was just sitting on my sofa and I hear Welcome to the Black Parade...in a commercial. I was quite surprised...
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
January 19th, 2007 at 06:50pm
There's a TV show here in th UK called Soapstar Superstar and WTTBP was on in the background...I missed it. My Mum told me and Bess confirmed it for me lol.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 19th, 2007 at 06:54pm
When i went to the movies last friday, i think i heard the intro to Welcome to the Black Parade. It was a preview of some sort of sappy family movie.. but still I heard the drum-beat... thingy that plays in the very beginning of Black Parade. But i didn't pay much attention to the name of the movie, 'cause i was talking to my friend and he didn't notice it since he isn't an MCR fan.
Back on topic, i'm positively sure i heard it.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 21st, 2007 at 06:13pm
i really liked the commerical.but that was the only commercial i like ,cause commericals are annoying they come right in the middle of you show.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 21st, 2007 at 10:23pm
So I was right?
I actually heard it?
I wasn't hallucinating?
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 25th, 2007 at 03:02pm
whoa,whoa,whoa,whoa.
i've never seen it.
AH.
Failure to Breathe.
Motor Baby
Failure to Breathe.
January 31st, 2007 at 09:27am
the sharpest lives was on a commericial for snowboarding???????????????????????????????????????
and it show gerard too..

but yes. this whole thing is blown out of porportion.
you should be happy for mcr.
not mad because theyre on some commercial.
Poopsie
Shotgun Sinner
Poopsie
February 4th, 2007 at 04:01pm
Man, I remember that commercial. Its been around since the New Year....because I heard it and I ran to the living room thinking it was their performance.
But noooooo! Its a fricken commercial.
My Chemical Crooner
Fabulous Killjoy
My Chemical Crooner
February 21st, 2007 at 02:50am
Friday night lights had an ad out a while ago that had Welcome to The Black Parade as the background music...
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
February 21st, 2007 at 01:12pm
C A N C E R:
the sharpest lives was on a commericial for snowboarding???????????????????????????????????????
and it show gerard too..

but yes. this whole thing is blown out of porportion.
you should be happy for mcr.
not mad because theyre on some commercial.

Ditto. (But minus all the question marks after snowboarding O_o)
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 22nd, 2007 at 07:49pm
I don't know why some of you are upset. You're not edgy in any way for liking MCR. They're not some indie band trying to make it, they're one of the biggest bands in the world. I say more power to them. And I say to all of you whining...stop being a poser. You aren't punk. You aren't hardcore. You aren't in on some big secret.Rolling Eyes
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
March 22nd, 2007 at 08:06pm
*shrugs* i wasn't upset, it thought it was kind of cool, and it was the time when the video just came out... so i wasn't very tired of it.

wooo exposure! *grips heart* oh how my heart beats faster whenever i hear a mcr song without doing it myself!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 26th, 2007 at 09:46am
I'm guessing that this is the label's fault. I'm pretty sure that when a band signs with a major, the powers that be at the label own the rights to the use of their songs. It's why some artists ultimately leave the majors behind. I'm sure the guys would be severely pissed off about this - maybe we should tip them off?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 26th, 2007 at 10:08am
They already know about it, probably. They can't do anything about it after WBR releases it, really.
xemo_gurlx
Joining The Black Parade
xemo_gurlx
March 26th, 2007 at 10:28am
they had the music for "this is how i disappear" on an advert for primeval or howeva u spell it