Don't have an account? Create one!

The Black Parade back round music for a tv show commercial?

AuthorMessage
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
April 11th, 2007 at 09:44pm
this is all too weird for me.
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
April 13th, 2007 at 02:12pm
omg outrage!! gerard would never go back on his word, he´s gotta complain big time!!!
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
April 24th, 2007 at 07:42pm
heh a cell phone commercial just named dropped mcr
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
April 30th, 2007 at 04:25pm
i agree, they shouldn't have to sell their music to commercials, theyre happy enough, but they are far from being sellouts
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
April 30th, 2007 at 10:02pm
Why would MCR hog their music to themselves like, "MINE, ALL MINE! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!" ?
Plus, it's great their music is being used. It's probably because it's a relevant song. Many commericals use today's music as part of the advertisement. Anyways, the down side is that there's going to more bitching about the over-ratedness of WTTBP, which I love oh so much.
Plus, if you read this month's issue of Alternative Press, they have a debate and poll on the issue of bands selling out if they use their music for a commerical or if they endorse a product. Interesting read, very insightful, very mind-opening for the narrow-minded..
Easter Davy
Motor Baby
Easter Davy
April 30th, 2007 at 10:10pm
rubbaduckie:

I just saw that commercial, I was so excited! Very Happy
Buckets
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Buckets
April 30th, 2007 at 10:26pm
Easter Davy:
rubbaduckie:

I just saw that commercial, I was so excited! Very Happy

haha i saw that too. i was all, 'What did he say?'
victoriaelaine.
Motor Baby
victoriaelaine.
April 30th, 2007 at 10:46pm
haha that sprint commercial is funny :]
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
May 9th, 2007 at 01:35pm
WTF, that would be intersesting. But I doubt Gerard would let them do use it with out asking. I don't know I might want to watch it if My Chem songs are in it. Very Happy
Pumpkin Peazy
Bulletproof Heart
Pumpkin Peazy
May 9th, 2007 at 07:42pm
Well I've heard the intro to WTTBP in a Friday Night lights ommercial and I've also heard My Chemical Romance in a Sprint commercial. Either way, I don't care if people call them sell outs. They're making extra money which means they can make better music.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 10th, 2007 at 03:27pm
Yoda, what interview was that where Gerard says they don't want to use their music to sell stuff? Someone posted it fairly recently...
HeavenHelpUsxx
Fabulous Killjoy
HeavenHelpUsxx
May 10th, 2007 at 07:03pm
I heard the beginning of WTTBP on a Fuse commercial once before. -shrugs-
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 10th, 2007 at 07:04pm
PassionBetweenLovers:
WTF, that would be intersesting. But I doubt Gerard would let them do use it with out asking. I don't know I might want to watch it if My Chem songs are in it. Very Happy
...why does it have to be Gerard's permission?

It's not even up to them, it's up to the record company, and the record company doesn't have to tell them if they use it.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
May 11th, 2007 at 12:05pm
they die by threes.:
PassionBetweenLovers:

It's not even up to them, it's up to the record company, and the record company doesn't have to tell them if they use it.

Sorry if I send anything bad, I didn't meant too. Well I didn't know sorry Very Happy
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
May 11th, 2007 at 12:05pm
they die by threes.:
PassionBetweenLovers:

Sorry if I send anything bad, I didn't meant too. Well I didn't know sorry Very Happy I thought of it , I thought the band controled it sorry.
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
May 16th, 2007 at 09:21pm
Ive seen WTTBP in the Invisible Children trailer, but thats a good cause and im sure the band would love it to be on there. <3

But a soap opera? You gottan be kidding me.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 17th, 2007 at 10:04am
Yeah where is everyone seeing this stuff? In the U.S. or out of the U.S.? I think the copyright laws are different for each country. I THINK. I have pointed out before that the label has full distribution rights in most cases, not the band, but they would probably be consulted if the licensing request extended past the first two bars. Anything under that and, I believe, no permission is needed at all - the offending party can just go ahead and rip it.
Shotgun Sinner.
Fabulous Killjoy
Shotgun Sinner.
May 17th, 2007 at 01:04pm
well..i was watching A&E last night..and a commercial for the Sopranos came on..and "Mama" was the background music and i was like o.O

I'm not sure whether to be excited or..idk. haha.

Butttt yeah! I'm thinking they don't know..but can tv people use music without asking like that?

[LONG POINTLESS COMMENT XD]
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 18th, 2007 at 12:03pm
Shotgun Sinner.:
Can t.v. people use music without asking like that?

Yes! They can! Especially if it's just the opening bars like that, before the lyrics kick in. There's a certain portion that they're allowed to use before licensing rights kick in, sadly enough. Plenty of artists have been ripped off like crazy because of this.
EviLsRoMaNcE
Banned
EviLsRoMaNcE
May 24th, 2007 at 08:05pm
I'll kill your brother.