Don't have an account? Create one!

Suggestions

AuthorMessage
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 22nd, 2007 at 09:37am
Essence Of Insanity:
i h8 burt! i fink gee doen the right thing to leave him!
the story: burt went with gee so frank couldnt be with him! thats the mega short version, i cnt be bothered to do the whole version! then gee left him yay!

gee wanted to have a man lover coz he wanted to c if he was gay... but he didnt lyk it so he wnt with eliza, he lyks female more then men...be is not bi, yay!

Nasty but maybe a sort of wall of shame to deter frankly stupid posts like this? this was someones idea of creating a topic on the discussion board...

it would put everyone into line and maybe make them think about what they post thus cutting down on spam/ chat speak/ and blatant ignorance,

but i also agrree it is mean and maybe not work... but still its just a suggestion dont shoot me or anything over this... : ]
Holy shit...that would be hiliarious.
lmfao
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:17am
PLEASE....make a Wall of Shame.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:38pm
Is it possible to submit new templates? Not that I want to, I can't make them for squat. I was just wondering. A dark Thursday template would be incredible.
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:59pm
merci pour le venin.:
Essence Of Insanity:
i h8 burt! i fink gee doen the right thing to leave him!
the story: burt went with gee so frank couldnt be with him! thats the mega short version, i cnt be bothered to do the whole version! then gee left him yay!

gee wanted to have a man lover coz he wanted to c if he was gay... but he didnt lyk it so he wnt with eliza, he lyks female more then men...be is not bi, yay!

Nasty but maybe a sort of wall of shame to deter frankly stupid posts like this? this was someones idea of creating a topic on the discussion board...

it would put everyone into line and maybe make them think about what they post thus cutting down on spam/ chat speak/ and blatant ignorance,

but i also agrree it is mean and maybe not work... but still its just a suggestion dont shoot me or anything over this... : ]
Holy shit...that would be hiliarious.
lmfao

it could be only moderator controlled and qoutes from people were constantly added, not like spelling mistakes but just like i said stuff that was just ignorant and offensive, authors of the qoutes names dont have to be added, it could be in the INO chamber, and at the top of the thread you could say that there was no point in complaining nothing was going to be done about it, so that could cut down on the amount of people whining.

i really do think it will make people think of the rules before posting.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 22nd, 2007 at 08:47pm
A Wall of Shame sounds a little harsh. Plus it would probably cause a lot of drama.
Personally I still think making a post count requirement before users can start new threads anywhere but the noob board / post on the discussion board and places like that is the best idea to keep new users from spamming.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:13am
It would only cause drama if you whine about your post being up there. Like she said, it would be anon, so if you start saying "Hey, I'm up there!!!", well, you're the genius who called yourself out.Rolling Eyes

It wouldn't be typical newbie stupidity, it'd be people saying just the dumbest, most ignorant and/or offensive things.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:21am
^I dunno, I just think in forum versions, a Wall of Shame could only breed hostility. It's one thing on websites - in those cases, the emails posted are attacking the creator and staffers themselves, directly or indirectly (i.e. attacking the website / the idea behind it). But on a forum, a Wall of Shame would have things like the ones you quoted - not attacks, not anyone purposely contacting administrators of the site itself, just people being stupid and making mistakes. And if it's a troller's post, dissing MCR or whatever - well, reposting it will only piss off more people, which is pretty much the troller's intention. It's one thing to make fun of someone for writing to you saying rude things and attacking you, another to make fun of someone who's already made an arse of themselves and whose stupid comments were probably in earnest. Even if they're posted anonymously, if the person who posted it stays, they're going to feel like utter crap whenever anything Wall-of-Shame related comes up. INO is supposed to be a friendly community where mistakes are forgiven and everyone's treated with respect, even noobs. And posts put on the Wall of Shame would have to be noob posts; anyone who stays on INO long enough figures out not to write in chatspeak or take things like "zomg Bert and Gee are/were/will be a couple!" seriously.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:00am
Oh, you think only new people say the worst things?

LOLZ...I've seen people with higher post count than me say stuff that just....No
IMO, there's a difference b//w a newbie and a n00b. You can grow out of being a newbie by racking up posts. Being a n00b is more of a state of mind, you just don't learn. But yeah..I get that it's supposed to be a friendly place.

This Wall of Shame would just make people check themselves a little better.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
July 24th, 2007 at 01:18am
Define ignorant and offensive?

I'd be up there all the time with the "do not offend anyone" rules of this forum.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
July 25th, 2007 at 08:40am
The Wall of Shame is a good idea, but it's just not right for INO. Sorry.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 28th, 2007 at 01:36am
Gustavatron.:
Define ignorant and offensive?

I'd be up there all the time with the "do not offend anyone" rules of this forum.
Ranting on about things you have NO clue about. Getting ALL the facts wrong. Making yourself look like a dummy. You'll know a shameful post when you see one.

Offensive is attacking a person or even worse a group of people without warrant. Just being way over the line. Again, you'll know it when you see it.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 28th, 2007 at 01:36am
Topher Grace.:
The Wall of Shame is a good idea, but it's just not right for INO. Sorry.
Sad
Okay.
dearsami
Demolition Lover
dearsami
July 28th, 2007 at 01:57pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned.

Why don't they bring back that list of users. [that they had on the old INO]
that shows how much posts they have & all that jazz.

& like you can view the top posters & stuff...
i think they should bring that back.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
July 28th, 2007 at 07:04pm
Can we have like a setting to were we can block off posts? Like, if you click my username, it says "view user's posts" can we have like a setting to were we can block our posts from being viewed? I just really hate being post stalked, it's creepy and annyoing.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
July 28th, 2007 at 09:00pm
No. We've already had a discussion about that feature. The verdict was that if you don't want what you type to be read, don't post it on a message board.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
July 29th, 2007 at 02:47am
dearsami;:

I dunno why, but I liked that list of users. XDD
It was always my aim to get in the top ten, but I never did, lulz.
But I agree with you Sami.
cocorosie.
In a Bullet's Embrace
cocorosie.
July 29th, 2007 at 03:55am
^I think that would be pretty neat.
josh franceschi.
Salute You in Your Grave
josh franceschi.
July 29th, 2007 at 05:04am
Definitley, I liked that.

I always wondered who had the most posts.
Public Pervert
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
Public Pervert
July 29th, 2007 at 07:38am
dearsami;:

Oh I remember that! Yeah, I think we should have that back, I totally agree. =)
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
July 29th, 2007 at 11:36am
do comments on here disappear randomely?
i defintly posted on here lastnight double checked logged off,
and now i wake up and its gone...