Don't have an account? Create one!

Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
August 25th, 2008 at 02:41am
Chris Martin:
One for haircuts/hairstyles, one for makeup. Go ahead. I'll try and make it in there to clean up, if some of the other staff comes along I'd love help. :]

Yay! Thank you so much Very Happy
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 25th, 2008 at 05:01pm
Confidence.:
Another dumb suggestion:

I think there should be a sub-forum or something for competitions. Like how all the games have a sub forum together.

I think they fit in fine with their respective forums.
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
August 25th, 2008 at 09:51pm
May sound stupid, but...
I was thinking maybe there could be a thread for homework/school work help.
Because a lot of us are in middle school/high school, I think it may be useful for us to help each other out a little bit (because a lot of us are on here when we SHOULD be doing our school work).
For example, if someone couldn't find a certain fact about history or something, and for some reason couldn't find it online, they could ask about it in the thread and maybe someone could help them out with either a link to helpful information or a direct answer.
Just a thought...
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 25th, 2008 at 11:14pm
ok, as a secondary school teacher i can see the benefit of that idea. Although i am painfully aware of the risks of plagiarism. (as is Dujo.) i can't see the harm in a questions answer type thread. Feel free to make it in the chamber. Smile
Please put in your first post that it was approved by me, then the other mods will know not to lock it Smile
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
August 26th, 2008 at 05:12pm
I thought of the plagiarism thing too as a problem, but I'll try to make it clear in the first post that it is just a place where people can post helpful links and try to help answering questions if they happen to know anything about the subject.
And thank you!!!
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 26th, 2008 at 08:49pm
I can see it now...tons of users cheating on their math homework...

"get off the computer! Is your homework done?!"

"I'm doing it now, mom..." -copies-

Just kidding.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 26th, 2008 at 09:16pm
Chris Martin:
I can see it now...tons of users cheating on their math homework...

"get off the computer! Is your homework done?!"

"I'm doing it now, mom..." -copies-

Just kidding.

rolling on floor

I'll keep an eye on it... who better than our resident teacher eh? lol
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
September 1st, 2008 at 09:56pm
^Lmfao, thanks Lulah, I think it's a good idea.
But, yeah, just inforcing the fact that there is no plagerism allowed shall be fun. xD

- - -

I also have a suggestion.
I checked the board, but not too thoroughly, so sorry if there is already a thread for this.
What about a Celebration thread?
Like, when people have birthdays on INO, and the baloons are in their signature, I know in some threads, everyone wishes them happy birthday, and I guess it sorta spams the thread?
And it doesn't just have to be for birthdays for people on INO, it could be for, like, friends and family, anniverserys, holidays, or whatever.
Eh?
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
September 11th, 2008 at 12:06pm
the sharpest lives.:
I checked the board, but not too thoroughly, so sorry if there is already a thread for this.
What about a Celebration thread?
Like, when people have birthdays on INO, and the baloons are in their signature, I know in some threads, everyone wishes them happy birthday, and I guess it sorta spams the thread?
And it doesn't just have to be for birthdays for people on INO, it could be for, like, friends and family, anniverserys, holidays, or whatever.
Eh?

I like that idea Smile Plus, you could add in the birthday/anniversary etc wishes for MCR members and stuff too, then there wouldn't have to be threads each time that only last a couple of days.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
September 13th, 2008 at 11:50am
^Yeah, I was thinking that too. =)
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 13th, 2008 at 03:34pm
Thanks for the suggestions.
We now have this

Smile
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
September 13th, 2008 at 04:53pm
^Thanks, Lulah. =)
helenabellamuerte
Killjoy
helenabellamuerte
September 14th, 2008 at 04:47pm
MCR fonts, the way that GSB has them.
I already found one MCR font on dafont.com.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 14th, 2008 at 04:55pm
knockout:
We've already had one a while back. We can't just take fonts and say we're using them, I think we have to have confirmation with the original maker of the fonts first.
helenabellamuerte
Killjoy
helenabellamuerte
September 19th, 2008 at 07:16pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
knockout:
We've already had one a while back. We can't just take fonts and say we're using them, I think we have to have confirmation with the original maker of the fonts first.

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Would you like me to try to see if I can get permission to use it on this site?
Or can we at least have a list of the names of the fonts, and then people can find them on font sites if they want?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 19th, 2008 at 08:16pm
knockout:
Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Would you like me to try to see if I can get permission to use it on this site?
Or can we at least have a list of the names of the fonts, and then people can find them on font sites if they want?
There's a font finding thread in one of our sections, i forgot which one right now. I actually think there might be TWO. But yeah. There's a place for it on here, and I believe I once posted a post with all of them in it.

As for the permission, it would be the runner of the site [Dujo] who'd have to contact the maker, not you. It's also Dujo's discretion of what fonts INO uses. I think if he wanted them, he would have gotten them by now.

Edit://
Font requests
Specifically MCR fonts.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 20th, 2008 at 04:26am
gnihsams snikpmup.:

I think if he wanted them, he would have gotten them by now.

You just hit the nail on the head. Have a cigar.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 20th, 2008 at 12:18pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
You just hit the nail on the head. Have a cigar.
Figured.

*leans back*
*enjoys*
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
September 28th, 2008 at 12:33pm
I was looking at the INO awards (like, author/username/avatar of the month), and I noticed there's nothing for Artist of the Month. I don't know if this is just because there was one and no one voted, or because no one wanted one, but I'd be quite interested in having an award for Artist of The Month. Good idea/stupid idea?
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
September 29th, 2008 at 05:24pm
river phoenix.:
I was looking at the INO awards (like, author/username/avatar of the month), and I noticed there's nothing for Artist of the Month. I don't know if this is just because there was one and no one voted, or because no one wanted one, but I'd be quite interested in having an award for Artist of The Month. Good idea/stupid idea?
I'm pretty sure this came up before and it was decided that an Artist of the Month Award wouldn't be beneficial. There are so many different mediums that it wouldn't be fair to include all of them into one award but it also would be unreasonable to make a separate award for every medium, you know?

I do like the idea, but once one gets around to thinking about it more I think it becomes less romantic.

If I'm wrong, please - Mod or Admin, correct me. :]