Don't have an account? Create one!

Has the band's singing improved over the years?

AuthorMessage
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 5th, 2007 at 10:30am
His voice in TBP was awesome, but it kinda sounded edited to me, especially that high note in This is How I Disappear. His voice in the first album was ok, but I think it was too rough for most listeners. *shrug* I liked the adrenaline he gave the audience, though. Was best shown in Mama, I think (for TBP)
Gee_luvs_mcr
Killjoy
Gee_luvs_mcr
March 5th, 2007 at 02:06pm
i think that gerards singing has well improved because if you look at helena then look at famous last words they are both FAB !!! but his voice has changed and got better i think !!!!!
squishyXcore
Fabulous Killjoy
squishyXcore
March 5th, 2007 at 02:38pm
I think compared to Bullets and a little bit of Three Cheers, his voice has improved SO MUCH.
Live he can hit basically all the notes and is actually singing, unlike the previous live shows during Bullets and Three Cheers where he was pretty much yelling and always seemed out of breath.
I wuvs him.=]
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 5th, 2007 at 02:39pm
billy99:
His voice in TBP was awesome, but it kinda sounded edited to me, especially that high note in This is How I Disappear. His voice in the first album was ok, but I think it was too rough for most listeners. *shrug* I liked the adrenaline he gave the audience, though. Was best shown in Mama, I think (for TBP)
His voice in "Bullets" takes a bit of getting used to.
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
March 5th, 2007 at 10:41pm
hell yeah if you watch the old 2$ bill perfomance and compare it with the new there is a huge difference
creatureofthenight
Killjoy
creatureofthenight
March 5th, 2007 at 11:29pm
Gerard's range has improved, for sure, but the new smoothness in the vocals might just me from the higher quality production that comes from a record company deeming you a money-maker. I know that's a bit cynical, but it's true. I'd LOVE it if they would do more recording with Ray on back-up vocals. His voice combined with Gerard's is sex.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
March 6th, 2007 at 02:41am
creatureofthenight:
Gerard's range has improved, for sure, but the new smoothness in the vocals might just me from the higher quality production that comes from a record company deeming you a money-maker. I know that's a bit cynical, but it's true. I'd LOVE it if they would do more recording with Ray on back-up vocals. His voice combined with Gerard's is sex.

*nods feverishly*

I do think the band's vocals have improved. They have been doing it frequently for a few years after all. The only way they could go is up.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 6th, 2007 at 04:56pm
Gerards voice has improved from bullets... I'd love to see him re-record it with his *new* voice, and I bet that will go platinum in like a week and a half... I didnt like bullets coz his voice... was wierd!

Rays voice freaks me out sometimes... but at othertimes it is quite cool!

Has gee had lessons or something?

If so- get me the guy who taught him... I need lessons!!!! (sorry for spam)
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 11th, 2007 at 02:40pm
Tis is from the old days and it's pretty damn good! I'm almost positive Gerard was pretty drunk, though. lol.

oo00oo
Killjoy
oo00oo
March 11th, 2007 at 10:58pm
I think Gerard's voice has matured. He quit drinking and drugs, and that probably helped. And I love Gerard, and Rays voice together . Both of them sound great together in concerts. But Gerard's voice lately, has sounded really different. Like hes a little bit ill. Please don't kill me. XD
hiddenn.
Salute You in Your Grave
hiddenn.
March 12th, 2007 at 01:13am
I think that Ray and Gee blend perfectly.
But I think that Gerard has improved from the Bullets days.
He is great now, but I personally think that he was a bit better with Revenge.
Geesus.
Motor Baby
Geesus.
March 12th, 2007 at 10:30pm
yeah i think his singing on revenge is better but his singing on tbp is very...unique and its good too. bullets was eh good voice but could be better...very edgy.
very improved singing.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 13th, 2007 at 07:03am
Yeah, MCR has improved during the few years. ^^.
After Gerard stopped drinking, his voice has grown majorly. It's pure now and still gots that roughness. Either way, it's awesome.
Gerard and MCR is better than ever on stage now.

But I have these thoughts, awful thoughts. And they won’t go away...
._._. MCR 2007 ._._.

And if you really think I’m all right, then remember this; I’m Not Okay (I Promise)...
EndOfTheWorld
Killjoy
EndOfTheWorld
March 13th, 2007 at 07:39am
I think that ever since he stopped drinking and lost that excess weight he has the ability to project his vocals a lot better.

There is a clear difference between Three Cheers and TBP
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
March 13th, 2007 at 09:50am
I also think Gerard has improved a lot since he stopped drinking. He is so much better. Very Happy
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 13th, 2007 at 03:04pm
EndOfTheWorld:
I think that ever since he stopped drinking and lost that excess weight he has the ability to project his vocals a lot better.

There is a clear difference between Three Cheers and TBP

I totally agree.......
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 13th, 2007 at 03:54pm
Pretty Fly Jedi:
Oh definately, compare it to any old vid and you'll wanna plug your ears. I love gerard to death and all but I mean, there have been times I'd see a vid and go damn, I'd wanna boo you off the stage lovee.
Much more improvement, especially Gerard's part. He can go without making unecessary and slightly disturbing filler-sounds.
And now he sounds mucho angel-like.
Harsh...at least he wasn't as bad as Fall Out Boy live!Confused
Serious Business
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Serious Business
March 14th, 2007 at 05:13pm
just ignore this Smile
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 14th, 2007 at 06:41pm
Nope, I think it's just you! Ha Ha
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 14th, 2007 at 06:47pm
His voice sounds really high here. But it's cool! I love this song so much. Anybody know where I could find it?