Don't have an account? Create one!

Has the band's singing improved over the years?

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 2nd, 2007 at 04:40pm

I wouldnt really say 'improveed' as much, I think they have all matured in their music and it definately is better.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 2nd, 2007 at 05:23pm
XxMyBrutalRomancexX:

I wouldnt really say 'improveed' as much, I think they have all matured in their music and it definately is better.

He totally blew me over with the Im Not Okay preformance.
I liked it alooooot.
zero mechanism.
Salute You in Your Grave
zero mechanism.
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:45pm
Jake:
Pshh, Ray's got the better singing voice out of the two of them definitely. I think that on the record RAY is actually the one singing the melody on WTTBP's chorus, and Gerard's singing the harmony. That /is/ how they do it at shows afterall and if you listen closely, very closely, you can kind of hear it switching up or whatever. I turned my CD player all the way up to see, haha.

I think the exact same thing. I've actually thought this for quite a while - Ray has an awesome voice, and it's better than Gerard's. Don't kill me.

Gerard's voice definetly has improved. When he was still an alcoholic/drug addict, he wasn't that great, and live performances pretty much sucked, but he's way better now.
GeeBabyy; is mine!
Killjoy
GeeBabyy; is mine!
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:46pm
totally! but they always rocked!
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:44pm
Jake:
Pshh, Ray's got the better singing voice out of the two of them definitely. I think that on the record RAY is actually the one singing the melody on WTTBP's chorus, and Gerard's singing the harmony. That /is/ how they do it at shows afterall and if you listen closely, very closely, you can kind of hear it switching up or whatever. I turned my CD player all the way up to see, haha.

Overall, I think Gerard's voice has improved. It's more pure. And he of course sounds older.

Still think Ray owns though. He could be a lead singer somewhere.
umm...no.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:47pm
Memories of What Was:
WEll the boy has his needs.
I think TBP yeah, live it isn't so high out there. Yet again, since it was such a big song on the album, he probably did a MILLION takes for it.
Yeah, but that need could kill him! Just like alcohol or any harder illegal drug. Nicotine is a drug, and drugs are bad, 'mkay?
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:49pm
I think it has definitely improved, at least during live shows. It got a lot better after he quit drinking and taking drugs, but I also think he has kinda learnt how to use his voice the best way. His voice has matured, along with everything else.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:58pm
I think that gee may record in the studio with a lower voice volume, but a high mic setting, but at gigs he has to physically sing louder.

This one should make you laugh. Especially Frank, and the way that gee shouts, not sings half the lyrics.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:13pm
^^ That one isn't too bad, though.:lol...I've seen worse.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:35pm
Sometimes he is really bad though... Gee sung FLW on the same show as that 1st INO vid (on the 1st page) and it sounded REALLY BAD... Ima try and find it!
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:44pm
You wanna see bad? This performance is SHIT. Laughing I still love it though. He was sooo smashed!

ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:51pm
oh god!!!

But I bet nothings as bad as the time when he was performing helena, and his trousers fell down. He really was wasted! I saw this bit afterwards where this interviewer just went to him "Ur pants fell down?" and he had this really sad look on his face. I almost cried... and im a 14 year old male that cries at practically nothing...

I cant find that FLW one on its own. theres one with it in, but it has a long interview with it....
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:57pm
Okay... here it is FLW starts at around 2:22

Kk... maybe it aint that bad lol
You can sort of hear him go into album mode during the first 2 "I see you lying next to me, with words I thought I'd never speak". they blended some keyboard into that as well!

But according to some other ppl, Ray's singing killed the new years eve performance of it in NY...
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 3rd, 2007 at 06:08pm
Jake:
Pshh, Ray's got the better singing voice out of the two of them definitely. I think that on the record RAY is actually the one singing the melody on WTTBP's chorus, and Gerard's singing the harmony.

I dnt think so... Gerards "record voice" has a certain edge to it, and I think that its him.

Ray and gee swap for loads of songs.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 06:31pm
Well, I never really liked "Famous Last Words" anyway.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 06:32pm
megamouth2:
Jake:
Pshh, Ray's got the better singing voice out of the two of them definitely. I think that on the record RAY is actually the one singing the melody on WTTBP's chorus, and Gerard's singing the harmony.

I dnt think so... Gerards "record voice" has a certain edge to it, and I think that its him.

Ray and gee swap for loads of songs.

They don't "swap". Gerard is the lead singer, Ray is his backup. End of story.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 4th, 2007 at 05:02am
I think Gerards stage singing has improved since he gave up alcohol and drugs. He would be even better when he quits smoking.
HE'S definately better at singing when hes standing still (as most people are), but then again, I can't sing at ALL so anyone who can sing better than me is DAMN GOOD in my opinion.
So I think his singing when hes moving around on stage has improved. He dosn't get as puffed anymore.

I can't tell with Ray, as I havn't heard him sing properly much. But he is very good Very Happy , but he dosn't have Gerards facial/theartical prescence
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
March 4th, 2007 at 10:18pm
Beatrice:
As far as his voice on the actual albums go, it barely sounds like the same voice he's gotten so much better. But has anyone noticed that he can't really hit the notes he hits on 'the black parade' live? All of that smoking can't be good...

Exactly! I thought I was the only one that noticed when he was doing This Is How I Disappear & House of Wolves live he makes the notes lower than they were on the CD..& I heard Demolition Lovers for the first time today & his voice sounded so different from what it sounds today!
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 4th, 2007 at 10:57pm
i think gerard's voice has gotten better from the revenge and bullets days.
konton.
Always Born a Crime
konton.
March 5th, 2007 at 07:20am
Iero Love:
i think gerard's voice has gotten better from the revenge and bullets days.

hell yeah..
really..the vocals in the 1st album was just so funneh..and then suddenly he comes back in the 2nd album with this really amazing voice, and it got even better in the 3rd album.