Don't have an account? Create one!

Has the band's singing improved over the years?

AuthorMessage
EarlySunsets
Bleeding on the Floor
EarlySunsets
April 5th, 2007 at 11:40am
I think they've all improved so much. Not that I don't love their old music just as much as the new one.
If you listen to a few Bullets songs, then some from The Black Parade, you really hear a huge difference. At least I do.

Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
April 13th, 2007 at 02:44pm
amandakc91:
I think gerard's voice has improved but then again the longer you sing, the better you're gonna get. I also think that the black parade cd gave him a chance to use his voice differently in some ways cus it's quite different from their previous cds.

i agree
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
April 13th, 2007 at 02:58pm
I believe that Gerard's voice has indeed improved over the years. His voice has gotten more adept to what his profession is, and he's learned a lot of things about music and singing; "tools of the trade" if you will. I also think that their music is different somehow... its a little unexplainable.... but i shall try.
when i heard their second cd (very first time i heard them) i thought Gerard was amazing. pretty soon i got obsessed, like i usually did with things of that sort, and listened to what else they had to offer my ears. I found that their first cd sucked a lot. But, for some reason, perhaps the affinity for the band, i didnt care. i listened to that horrible lovely sound for years until "The Black Parade" came out. That album was very good. i wont say "the best" because its not. i loved it, of course. but i noticed that they had progressed from "emo music" to alternative rock. not saying thats a bad thing, i like them both ways. either way you look at it, theyre the best band in the world. But, my point is they have, indeed, changed.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 13th, 2007 at 03:53pm
I just wish he would stop smoking...
Burnout
Bleeding on the Floor
Burnout
April 13th, 2007 at 05:07pm
hmm... i dunno, i think parade has the worst gerard voice yet, i mean it's still good but i liked it better on bullets and revenge
living is easy
Bleeding on the Floor
living is easy
April 13th, 2007 at 11:21pm
oh yeah. Gerard's voice has improved ALOT since bullets.
Lovers Anonymous
Salute You in Your Grave
Lovers Anonymous
April 14th, 2007 at 12:25am
his voice has matured throughout the records and he has explored different elements of his voice on the black parade....but i liked his voice on bullets, too. but he definately sings better at live shows now.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 14th, 2007 at 12:45am
He has improved.. Immensely.. They all have.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 15th, 2007 at 08:54pm

Best My Chemical Romance performance I ever seen.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
April 15th, 2007 at 09:32pm
it has definitely improved.
blablabla12345667
Salute You in Your Grave
blablabla12345667
April 15th, 2007 at 10:50pm
Yerr Gerards voice has definately improved. THe whole band has...listen to the "I Gave You My Bullets You Gave Me Your Love" album and then listen to "The Black Parade" album...its like a whole new band. Though, I still love the old stuff just as much (if not more...no not more..just as much...lol)
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
April 17th, 2007 at 04:21am
For a while it did improve a lot but these days.; as in recently. Its getting kinda bad at times. Like towards the end of concerts.

I just know its because Gerard smokes. Its really effecting his breathing and how much he's able to sing.

The other day I saw a video of them preforming Helena and Gerard wasnt able to hit the high parts like he used to and he kept having to stop and catch is breath or have the crowed sing.
maybe one day...
Joining The Black Parade
maybe one day...
April 21st, 2007 at 02:00pm
I think it has improved sightly but somehow i think the studio messed with their voices on TBP it sounde TO perfect, does that make any sense?
vichy
Jazz Hands
vichy
May 6th, 2007 at 03:15am
definatly! since he quit drinking. altough...all those ciggies might have an effect soon. oh no!
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 6th, 2007 at 04:43am
definately...on bullets Gerards voice sounds more punk and younger but now on the black parade his voice sounds more older and "wiser" like a more professional voice...

there is a huge change from bullets to the black parade which i think is really awsome and i give then credit for that...
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
May 6th, 2007 at 06:14am
> The other day I saw a video of them preforming Helena and Gerard wasnt able to hit the high parts like he used to and he kept having to stop and catch is breath or have the crowed sing.

i agree. but his voice has definetely improved.

but before on bullets, he also sounded good. its kinda sad how he's forgetting about those times cuz those times rocked. but now everyone knows them and they arent special. [ dont get me wrong, they are always special to me personally. ]
but still, the band has very much improved. i love 'em. <3333
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 6th, 2007 at 06:45am
i think that the first album was a lot more raw...they didn't have a huge studio with heaps of sound effects and things...
i think all the albums are good in their own ways...but gerards voice definitely sounds older and more mature, like said above. =)
angelique
Killjoy
angelique
May 6th, 2007 at 07:01am
gerard can't pull off most of the songs live

he can sing cancer well but the rest is just crappy

i'm a fan but when i saw them live he sucked and whenever i get to watch his live performances on tv or in youtube he's not that good

oh yeah improvement ....hmmmm i've only seen them once live in japan so i don't know

but he definitely needs to improve

like badly
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
May 6th, 2007 at 07:06am
I think they've been great always! Although , yer I think gerard needs just a lil bit more improvement, Cose when i listen to them on cds you can tell they've computerised it . Dont kill me I love mcr!
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
May 6th, 2007 at 03:15pm
i don't think they're voices have been computerized. because they sound the same live. At least to me. When I saw them live a few months ago I thought they all sounded perfect. (such an awesome show). But i have noticed that Gerard kinda doesn't make all the high notes in some songs when he plays them live but he is still very good. (If that makes any sense at all.) i think if he just quits smoking he'll even more perfect. But quitting isn't as easy as it sounds. I know Gee wants to stop smoking, and we all want him too but we just have to be patient.