Don't have an account? Create one!

Has the band's singing improved over the years?

AuthorMessage
deja entendu.
Salute You in Your Grave
deja entendu.
March 17th, 2007 at 07:22pm
I definitely think the singing has improved but I miss the shouting and screaming and not being able to tell what he was saying...
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 17th, 2007 at 08:41pm
Gerard accomponied Geoff for this song. Love.
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 20th, 2007 at 06:02pm
I think their singing has improved. Smile
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 24th, 2007 at 03:48pm
hell yes.
gerard's live performances were not the best during bullets
nor during revenge
but now...it's amazing
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
March 24th, 2007 at 03:50pm
I think so. Gerard's voice has deffinatly matured since Bullet's. I think the whole band has matured in thier own way.
justan_oceanof_tears
Motor Baby
justan_oceanof_tears
March 26th, 2007 at 11:24pm
Yep its improved but after like 5-6 years(i forgot how many yrs) whos voice wouldnt? i love his voice
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 27th, 2007 at 05:57am
I think he has improved, but I have seen the occassional really good live track from sweet revenge era. He's amazing live Smile

(I've been on here for a whole month now whoo hoo LOL)
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 27th, 2007 at 09:33pm
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
His voice sounds really high here. But it's cool! I love this song so much. Anybody know where I could find it?

well i have it but i downloaded it off limewire and it took me forever to find...so if you have limewire or maybe eve bearshare you might be able to get it Dance
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 2nd, 2007 at 01:03am
This was a great performance...definently one of my favs. But was this before or after he quit drinking? I'm almost certain after.
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 2nd, 2007 at 01:52am
Well, yep! their voices improved and matured alot.... they are more awesome..... ehehehehehehhe... LOL! Dance
My Famous Genocide
Killjoy
My Famous Genocide
April 2nd, 2007 at 05:16am
I don't really know.
It probably has, since I think he has been working with it.
I think it's awesome in all three albums, and BUllet is my favourite.
- but it has probably improved a lot live.
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
April 2nd, 2007 at 07:18am
Definately. Now I love listening to them live almost more than listening to the CDs.
The Way
Joining The Black Parade
The Way
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:03am
Jake:
Pshh, Ray's got the better singing voice out of the two of them definitely. I think that on the record RAY is actually the one singing the melody on WTTBP's chorus, and Gerard's singing the harmony. That /is/ how they do it at shows afterall and if you listen closely, very closely, you can kind of hear it switching up or whatever. I turned my CD player all the way up to see, haha.

Overall, I think Gerard's voice has improved. It's more pure. And he of course sounds older.

Still think Ray owns though. He could be a lead singer somewhere.

Um... there's a reason Gerard's the lead singer.

There's just something about Gerard's voice that's so... perfect. I love how he can be crooning in your speakers one moment and screaming obscenities the next. Plus, it's very versatile, like that part on Helena or the overall of Blood, or when he sings the lines of 'She even poked the holes so I can breathe' or 'Bella Muerte' on Jetset. And I never thought he could sound so... smooth, before I heard All I Want For Christmas and Cancer. He's got that edge and the theatrics too.

And the best, most amazing thing about his voice is how he ALWAYS sounds like he means everything he's singing. There's something pure, emotional, and heartfelt about him, and that makes him unique and sets him apart from other rock singers out there.

Yeah, I'm pwned, I know. In Love
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:15am
Jake:
Pshh, Ray's got the better singing voice out of the two of them definitely. I think that on the record RAY is actually the one singing the melody on WTTBP's chorus, and Gerard's singing the harmony. That /is/ how they do it at shows afterall and if you listen closely, very closely, you can kind of hear it switching up or whatever. I turned my CD player all the way up to see, haha.

Overall, I think Gerard's voice has improved. It's more pure. And he of course sounds older.

Nope. Gerard's voice owns all. And Ray's voice irritates me live. He overpowers Gerard sometimes and that's no good. I wouldn't like him to be the lead singer of MCR. Or any other band for that matter. Frank neither...he has a whiny singing voice. But a perfect screaming voice.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:16am
iRebel:
Jake:

:yes::

There's just something about Gerard's voice that's so... perfect. I love how he can be crooning in your speakers one moment and screaming obscenities the next. Plus, it's very versatile, like that part on Helena or the overall of Blood, or when he sings the lines of 'She even poked the holes so I can breathe' or 'Bella Muerte' on Jetset. And I never thought he could sound so... smooth, before I heard All I Want For Christmas and Cancer. He's got that edge and the theatrics too.

And the best, most amazing thing about his voice is how he ALWAYS sounds like he means everything he's singing. There's something pure, emotional, and heartfelt about him, and that makes him unique and sets him apart from other rock singers out there.

x_theghostofyou_x
Killjoy
x_theghostofyou_x
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:52am
I think that the whole band has improved since they first started. If you listen to Bullets, then you listen to The Black Parade, there is an amazing difference.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm
yea defiantly it has improved . compare his voice in IM NOT OK to Famous last words and you can hear the difference.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
April 5th, 2007 at 12:27am
iRebel:
Jake:

Agreed. Very Happy
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 5th, 2007 at 02:44am
The performance they had on BBC Radio was pretty much one of the best I've seen from them. And he was so sexy.In Love
amandakc91
Killjoy
amandakc91
April 5th, 2007 at 11:37am
I think gerard's voice has improved but then again the longer you sing, the better you're gonna get. I also think that the black parade cd gave him a chance to use his voice differently in some ways cus it's quite different from their previous cds.