Don't have an account? Create one!

Cool Stores In AUS

AuthorMessage
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
January 25th, 2008 at 12:06am
I just came back from Brisbane. I found this awesome comic book shop, Daily Planet! It's got comics and a whole lot of manga merch too. It made me happy =]
And another cool shop there is Booyah. I think that's how you spell it. I got a Jack Skellington glove there! And it has a lot of random cool stuff.

And in Melbourne, Minotaur sells heaps of comics and manga and pop culture stuff. Basically heaven [geek heaven]. =]
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 25th, 2008 at 01:38am
Rh!annon:
Lmao. It has just a little bit. But man, it's just THAT good.

We should so get paid for advertising their stores.

Ahahahahaha, if that's the case, I should be paid for promoting Midwest Trader, JB Hi Fi and on the odd occasion, Dangerfield.
I'm a store whore, what more can I say?!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
January 25th, 2008 at 06:00am
^^ does sounds like heaven *dreams*
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 25th, 2008 at 06:29am
With all the money I'd get paid for promoting, I could buy some seriously cool stuff from all those shops!!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
January 25th, 2008 at 07:53am
I should definitely get paid for promoting dangerfield- with me wearing that black DF enviro bag around.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 25th, 2008 at 08:01am
Oh yeaaaah. My bag's a Midwest Trader calico bag, so I definitely should get reimbursed for that purchase. Actually it was a freebie at the MCR concert, hahahaha.
But I did buy another Midwest calico bag before! So I should get paid for both bag promotions, hahaha.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
January 25th, 2008 at 08:02am
I dont really promote stores cept this one in this hidden away place but its so rad Cheese Revolver (Y)
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 25th, 2008 at 08:13am
Our Avenged Jules:
With all the money I'd get paid for promoting, I could buy some seriously cool stuff from all those shops!!

Ooh, or we could get paid with like their products or something? I'd be so for that.

I kinda do that when job hunting - I apply for my favourite stores so I can enjoy staff discounts.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 25th, 2008 at 08:16am
Hahahahahaha, I'd do that too, but it seems that for Midwest Trader, Dangerfield and JB Hi-Fi, you kinda need to be older.
Although, being on excellent terms with the staff of Midwest has its benefits, obviously!
I've got a loyalty card, and am constantly bugging them about new stock and shizz.
So I get a discount anyway, and all that.
They actually had a job vacancy, and I spoke to them about applying, but they wanted someone who could work during the days and stuff.
Seeing I'm still at school, that's fair impossible for me, haha.
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
January 25th, 2008 at 06:25pm
Itd be awesome to get paid for promoting stores.. But I reckon if it was promoting the stores you guys were doing, it should be done in freeshit. Like free clothes shoes cds dvds etc.. You'd never need to borrow money off mum n dad again Very Happy
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
January 29th, 2008 at 06:10pm
Rh!annon:

Ooh, or we could get paid with like their products

Yes i like that idea
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
January 29th, 2008 at 10:14pm
i got a really cute Murderdolls hoodie from the Off Ya Tree in Bris vegas on monday. it's got the murderdolls written on the front, and the logo and on the back it has 'graverobber.' and 'Necrophilliac creatures of evil' :] it's pretty swell. my mom was like 'why would someone want something with necrophilliac written on it, thats horrible' ...lol at my mom XD
v e n g e a n c e
Salute You in Your Grave
v e n g e a n c e
February 1st, 2008 at 02:26pm
theres this pretty cool store that sells skeleton hoodies at town hall in sydney i think. its pretty expensive but its a really cool hoodie..
and theres this merch store.. up the street from the enmore theatre in newtown that was pretty fucking rad too.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 1st, 2008 at 06:21pm
the one in town hall- is it just outside the entrance to the station, next to Pavillion hotel? I walked past the hoodie on window display & I laughed.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 1st, 2008 at 10:13pm
v e n g e a n c e:

and theres this merch store.. up the street from the enmore theatre in newtown that was pretty fucking rad too.

I think that's Aftertaste... I dunno though, never been there lol.
I've looked on their website though, and it looks pretty awesome.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 2nd, 2008 at 06:50am
yeh that's Aftertaste which is good for band shirts, but Off Ya Tree is better for style.
meganelizabeth
Thinking Happy Thoughts
meganelizabeth
February 2nd, 2008 at 11:14am
I'm not sure if these places have been mentioned,
but i doubt it....

I'm in Hobart, and there's a couple of places to get my chem merch.
the best is tommy gun records,
they always have their shirts, for around $30-$40.
as well, as heaps of other bands that kind of fit into the my chemical romance genre.
like.. the used, taking back sunday..
dont hate me for saying that.
they also have those misfit shoes mikey has Very Happy

aroma records sells shirts, and they have my chem shirts for $37,

band posters can be found at tracks, $12 i think.

and you can get band merch like hats and cuffs and stuff like that at whats new but I'm not sure about the cost..

those are the places were i shop :]

xxxx
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 2nd, 2008 at 06:42pm
hi! you're the first tasmanian I've heard from on INO!
...then maybe tassy isn't as much as a deserted island as i thought it would be...I'd visit those shops when i holiday there one day Smile
meganelizabeth
Thinking Happy Thoughts
meganelizabeth
February 6th, 2008 at 03:16am
CAcT '-.-' tux:
hi! you're the first tasmanian I've heard from on INO!
...then maybe tassy isn't as much as a deserted island as i thought it would be...I'd visit those shops when i holiday there one day Smile

haha that wouldn't surprise me!
poor little tassie...

oh and i forgot to mention a store called area 52;
comics/manga/figurines heaven Very Happy

a warning about Hobart though,
dont dress "emo style" [god sorry i hate using the emo stereotype, but you guys will get what i mean when i use it] around the mall/center of town, bogans WILL insult you and/or attempt to knife you. its not fun.

dont let that put you off Hobart though..
its mostly all down-to-earth and pretty down here :]

and like i said before, shopping isnt THAT bad :]

My Sharona.:
I just came back from Brisbane. I found this awesome comic book shop, Daily Planet! It's got comics and a whole lot of manga merch too. It made me happy =]
And another cool shop there is Booyah. I think that's how you spell it. I got a Jack Skellington glove there! And it has a lot of random cool stuff.

And in Melbourne, Minotaur sells heaps of comics and manga and pop culture stuff. Basically heaven [geek heaven]. =]

dude we went to the same concert!! Very Happy
1/12/07 <3

i completely agree with minotaur, my cousin[manga nerd] told me about, so i went there when i went to melboure..
i pretty much died..
and it had the limited version of the first umbrella academy!!
sucks though that i didnt have enough money so i had to get the normal version..

meg over and out :]
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 6th, 2008 at 04:39am
it even had the limited edition??! i swear melbourne is always priveledged.

I want to go to Tassie! I've been tempted badly from seeing those Tasmanian holiday adds on tv. LOL at the bogan/emo thing. I might need a slight change in wardrobe when i head down there one day *cough*ugh*cough* Embarassed