Don't have an account? Create one!

Good Charlotte

AuthorMessage
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
February 8th, 2007 at 02:38pm
I used to love them, then I hated them after Chronicles of Life and Death, now I think they're redeeming themselves with "The River."
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
February 8th, 2007 at 03:57pm
when is the new album out?
deadlyromances09
Killjoy
deadlyromances09
February 8th, 2007 at 04:25pm
I remember seeing them for the first time in Indianapolis...with Simple Plan and Reliant K...that was one kick ass show. ahhh...The memories...My brother who is now 7 listens to them and we have the DVDs and he takes his guitar (that has one string on it) and he jams out and screams and everything. He wants to be just like Billy and Benji. It's really cute. Dance
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
February 8th, 2007 at 04:28pm
frankgoespow:
when is the new album out?

March 27th

Look for my name in the liner notes ;]
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
February 9th, 2007 at 12:00am
GC are still amazing in my book. Ive been a fan for what seems like forever. Loved their music the first time I heard it.

Im really excited about their new album. I cant stop watching the video for The River. Its amazing. I love that they brought up M. Shadows & Synyster Gates for the song and video.
I:IIIIII
Fabulous Killjoy
I:IIIIII
February 9th, 2007 at 02:03am
Good Charlotte's song "Hold On" actually stopped me from killing myself when i was 14. so i owe them alot.
im going to get a GC tattoo for my 18th bday. probably the fairies or whatever they are from "The Chronicles Of Life And Death" album.

i dont really like "The River". "Keep Your Hands Off My Girl" is alot better.
but im still going to by Good Morning Revival.
Heart Shaped Glasses
Joining The Black Parade
Heart Shaped Glasses
February 20th, 2007 at 12:24pm
Somehow, over the past four years, I've managed to become and stay a big fan of Good Charlotte. When I was in fifth grade, they were the first rock band (pop-punk, etc...) band I ever really got into, and liked. So armed with this new knowledge about a band called Good Charlotte, I started to look them up online. Billy Martin was the reason I began to play guitar, and I now own three and am doing all I can to be as good as he is one day. Their tourmates and the bands they were currently into, the band shirts they wore...turned me on to a lot of the bands I listen to today. Especially Avenged Sevenfold, who I am looking into seeing live when their new album drops sometime within the next year and a half. If anyone's seen them live, let me know, please? I've got a few questions.

They saved me from going completely insane during the months from September 2005 - July 2006, and even now. I've struggled with severe anxiety attacks for a few years now, and during those months, it grew worse and worse, putting me in the hospital twice. So now, I can thank the band for helping me get better. I'd listen to them whenever something started to go wrong, and for that moment everything just felt better...They are my inspiration.

I've seen them live once, with Relient K and Simple Plan on May 28, 2005, in Tallahassee, FL. Seriously, it was my first show ever, and both bands (Simple Plan also helped me in the way GC did. Still love them so much, as well.) made it what is still the best show I've ever been to. For my birthday, my mom (who is also a fan) is taking me to one of the dates on their upcoming tour to promote Good Morning Revival. Once the dates are released, if anyone here is going to a show, let me know. Also, if anyone here has been helped by the band, or still loves them a lot, please PM me or add me as a friend. I'd love to talk to you.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 23rd, 2007 at 07:57pm
"Good Charlotte? Those girls rock!!!"

XDDD
I think Benji said that but I could definately be wrong.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:02pm
Is Jeffree Star in the video for "The River"?
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:05pm
sam on other planets:

0.0 I have no idea.
I always wanted to see who he was before he became Jeffree. My cousin [a HUGE GC fan] is convinced it's that bald drummer guy. I can't remember his name.

Anybody got a picture?
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
February 23rd, 2007 at 09:29pm

1:17?
run.to.the.hills
Jazz Hands
run.to.the.hills
February 26th, 2007 at 04:54pm
Hmm. Anyone heard their new song, "The River"?

I have to admit, that I don't normally like GC. But I really do like this song.

Especially M.Shadows part in the middle Razz.

But one question.

Is GC like, Christian Rock now, or something?

I'm asking because of the lyrics of the song.

About behind baptized, and the city of angels and stuff like that.
Heart Shaped Glasses
Joining The Black Parade
Heart Shaped Glasses
February 26th, 2007 at 05:53pm
Chris was the last drummer to leave...the bald one.

I'm pretty sure they're not Christian rock now. If you watch the making of the video for "The River", they explain what the song is about. It's pretty much just metaphors.They begin talking about it around 2:28.

Making of "The River":

my name is tristan.
Salute You in Your Grave
my name is tristan.
February 27th, 2007 at 05:26am
sam on other planets:

I do belive it is him. It really, really looks like him. I have no idea what he's doing there, though xD

And "The River" rocks. But that's just 'cuz I love A7X and Matt's vocals pretty much pwns.
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
February 27th, 2007 at 12:33pm
Everytime they put out something new they suck me back in. I have to admit, I like "The River".
RAVE on my grave
Bleeding on the Floor
RAVE on my grave
February 27th, 2007 at 02:02pm
I like "Day that I Die", but that's about it. That said, I've only heard about 7 or 8 songs.
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
February 27th, 2007 at 02:32pm
ive never actually been a huge fan of them..but...their new songs are pretty awesome...woooo! infact..I might even buy their new album...how cool..lol
when jess was young.
Shotgun Sinner
when jess was young.
February 27th, 2007 at 02:59pm
I am obsessed with 'the River'. It's so perfect<3
I love how most of it is Joel's voice, but then M. Shadows comes in. It's awesome. I love the part M. Shadows sings. I can't wait for the new CD. It comes out on Patrick Stump's 23rd birthday.
simple plan.
Really Not Okay
simple plan.
February 27th, 2007 at 03:28pm
I like them.. the new songs rock , i lovee "the river"!
Heart Shaped Glasses
Joining The Black Parade
Heart Shaped Glasses
February 27th, 2007 at 06:21pm
There's another new GC song out. "Face The Strange". I heard it was a bonus track in the countries that released "Keep Your Hands Off My Girl" as the first official single or something like that. I like it a lot. I think I got it off of GC_Pics on LJ (Can't remember. xP) But I can't find the post, if I did. I'm sure it's floating around somewhere though.