Don't have an account? Create one!

Where were you when you first heard about MCR?

AuthorMessage
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
July 26th, 2007 at 07:28pm
i was in the car and im not okay came on the radio and i fell in love
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 26th, 2007 at 11:49pm
I was baby-sitting.
Kerrang was on TV.
Im Not Okay.
In Love
SCREAMdon'tTALK.
Jazz Hands
SCREAMdon'tTALK.
July 28th, 2007 at 07:16pm
i was probably at dance because my friend was obsessed with them
and always talked about them,.
A shot to remember..
Killjoy
A shot to remember..
July 28th, 2007 at 07:28pm
At my house. I was seven. My older cousin was babysitting me. I had Comcast, and he had the Helena video on. I heard Black Parade, then I remembered about My Chemical Romance, so I became obsessed. -poks profile-
xs_and_underscores
Fabulous Killjoy
xs_and_underscores
July 28th, 2007 at 11:36pm
i was in my room on the computer and i saw Helena on yahoo videos.
Jet Star
Bleeding on the Floor
Jet Star
July 29th, 2007 at 03:20pm
I saw INO at my grans house
DontILookPretty
Killjoy
DontILookPretty
July 29th, 2007 at 05:32pm
Sitting in a little shop called "Fire Your Imagination" painting a plate..INO came on the radio. I started singing along mindlessly cause..well..after a while the chorus just sticks. I must have been about 10/11. Then in October, in the same shop listening to the same radio they played the Black Parade. I got home and typed in My Chemical Romance on YouTube and it came up with I'm Not Okay at the top. I watched it and realised it was the same song I'd heard 2 years ago and loved but not known any way to find out what it was!
Haven't looked back since lol XD
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
July 29th, 2007 at 09:16pm
Supposedly working in an attic in a solicitor's office, looking for files, perusing Kerrang! instead, saw picture of Gerard (I'm sorry... Embarassed ), got friend to download Three Cheers, rest is history...
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
July 29th, 2007 at 09:41pm
I was in my living room at 2:00am on a school night. Watching MTV. Ghost of You came on.
RebekahHorror
Killjoy
RebekahHorror
July 30th, 2007 at 12:11am
i was in class and my teachers daughter told us about a party she went to for a band named my chemical romance..and the rest is history.
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
July 30th, 2007 at 12:51am
I was with my twin sister in our new house, and we were sitting down on our couch and sundenly INO comes on TV and we both look up and stare in amazement silently, we even missed their name and the songs name and wat they looked like. we could only remember the music.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
July 30th, 2007 at 02:15am
A friend's house.
I was browsing through his music files, I randomly clicked Vampires Will Never Hurt You, because it says vampires and I like vampires.
And BAM.

SATANS LIL HELPER!
Killjoy
SATANS LIL HELPER!
July 30th, 2007 at 03:02am
i was in my bed listening to the black parade and i fell in love!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikey's_Glasses
Banned
Mikey's_Glasses
August 1st, 2007 at 06:22pm
at school
conor oberst.
Bleeding on the Floor
conor oberst.
August 3rd, 2007 at 06:29am
I saw a clip of Helena on the telly and thought WOW!!!! that was Octoberish 2005 and the I got the CD for Christmas!!!!
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
August 3rd, 2007 at 12:56pm
At my computer. Very Happy
Olga_Sleep
Joining The Black Parade
Olga_Sleep
August 3rd, 2007 at 02:37pm
I heared about them when i was sitting at home and watchig MTV, it was HELENA
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
August 3rd, 2007 at 06:30pm
I was at school. College, that is. I was in the student lounge and they had Fuse playing on the TV. The "Helena" video came on, and I barely even paid attention to the song - I was just entranced by the awesomeness of the video itself. So I checked out the name of the band and the song... I remember thinking "My Chemical Romance" was a weird-ass name for a band. Very Happy

I didn't actually hear the song fully again until my best friend made me watch the House of Wax credits to hear the song. She didn't know who the band was, but I sort of remembered it and shouted, "Holy crap, it's that Chemical thing! Wow, this song is really GOOD!"

And the rest is history...
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
Killjoy
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:11pm
twas the summer of 2005 and i was always just flicking through the music channels and i started to notice this song they were playing quite a bit all of a sudden (was Helena), i never stopped to listen cos first impression made me think 'ugh, reminds me of the Rasmus (really hated them Tongue ) but then i was over in New York visiting my cousin and it was CONSTANTLY being played on the music channels there, i started to actually watch it and...it was so weird, all of a sudden, i was MADLY IN LOVE!! just like that, out of nowhere, i just became obsessed with this band and its frontman Gerard, when i had originally been ignoring it! i laugh at that now! lol! its the first time that ever happened to me with a band, i had always had favourites, but nothing LIKE THIS! suddenly i was just worshipping these guys...they meant so muh to me and i was so hungry for them, i'd never experienced a love for a band like that before, or since, thats why im convinced they're special In Love
Neesa
Fabulous Killjoy
Neesa
August 3rd, 2007 at 10:38pm
i was in school and some of my friends started talking about them
when i got home that night i checked them out and didn't really like them
then i kept hearing their stuff and it started to grow on me
now i love them so much!