Don't have an account? Create one!

Where were you when you first heard about MCR?

AuthorMessage
thedevilsnightmare
Jazz Hands
thedevilsnightmare
September 7th, 2007 at 05:46pm
I was in my living room summer of 2005 and I saw Im Not Ok 4 the 1st time. and I remembered laughing so hard, but I also remember them scaring me lol
Tears May Stain
Killjoy
Tears May Stain
September 7th, 2007 at 05:51pm
in my bedroom

popin paracetamol

i was uberly upset but im k now xox =]
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 7th, 2007 at 06:03pm
I was watching VMA 2005 and MCR was nominated.
I thought: What an ugly guy...ewww...
I didn't know it was Gee Way who would become my fave frontman 2 years later)
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 7th, 2007 at 10:41pm
I guess I passingly acknowledged their existence in this world by watching Fuse, but the first time I remember discussing them coherently was with Damie. He'd just broken up with his girlfriend, and had the iPod on his head. He said "Hey mom, this song is so perfect; listen" and it was INO. I was like "Oh wow that IS perfect; who is that?" and he told me. I really never thought about them again until he suggested we get tickets for the Feb 23 show of this year. Isn't that awful? He'd been watching the Revenge vids non-stop while we were in Florida, but I remember none of them. At that time, all I cared about was whether or not Laguna Beach was on <slaps self>
asleep or dead.
Banned
asleep or dead.
September 7th, 2007 at 10:42pm
watching kerrang, I saw I'm Not Okay Very Happy
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
September 21st, 2007 at 06:32am
I was at recess when one of my friend's told me about them, we listened, and I went back to class singing Vampires to myself.
jkl
Demolition Lover
jkl
September 21st, 2007 at 07:51am
I was sitting on my bed, with the tv right in front of me.
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
September 21st, 2007 at 11:22am
My best friends house. She has the three cheers for sweet revenge poster up on her wall. That day we saw Helena on TV and told me that was them, I've been a fan ever since
Fillup
Killjoy
Fillup
September 21st, 2007 at 06:20pm
I was at my cousin's house and her older brother was yelling at the TV cause MCR was on. He never did have a good taste in music.
one less sad robot.
Demolition Lover
one less sad robot.
September 21st, 2007 at 06:45pm
school or my friendĀ“s house.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 21st, 2007 at 07:57pm
Hmmm The first time I heard about them, was because a friend of a friend was into them. But I didn't know anything about them at all, and I tend to dislike artists that other people like, on principle that I don't like copying people. Silly I know.

But the first time I actually heard a song of theirs, I was sat on a futon/ couch in my old living room at 1am, and avoiding going to sleep. When the TV told me to press red to see a My Chemical Romance concert on a loop, I thought why not watch it and see what the fuss is about. It played in a loop indefinately! I dare you to have turned that off! I stayed watching the same seven songs for 3 1/2 hrs. Lol. And then fell asleep on said futon with them still playing. Smile
I loved it and ran out and bought their album a couple of days afterwards. (Aah the lovely days of Student Loans, how I miss thee!)

Now they are practically all I listen to, and it's weird to think about the times that I didn't even know what their music was. *sob* So much wasted time!

xxx
David Vengeance
Motor Baby
David Vengeance
September 21st, 2007 at 11:01pm
i thnk i was on the computer looking at random stuff... now htat i think about it i really dont know what i was doing when i heard about MCR
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
September 23rd, 2007 at 05:24am
My living room.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
November 13th, 2007 at 03:24am
My parents bedroom- The Helena video was playing but I was freaked out Tehe
Then, when I really began liking them I was in my room
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
November 13th, 2007 at 04:29am
In my room with my friend when we looked them up to find out who they were and watched helena. loved it.
... but it kinda scared my buddy XD
Teenage.-Misfit
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Teenage.-Misfit
November 13th, 2007 at 11:56am
Through one of my old online friends, he had a pic of Gee and I was like wow is that you? and he told me that the gets told he looks alot like him (and he SO does) so he uses that pic. and then he told me I would love them so much and made me watch one of their videos.

I was hooked and watched the movie about 100 times that day in 2002 and when I told my friend he laughed at me and told me that I was a depressed vampire and he knew that I would love them. so now I just make all my friends hooked. Still love my online friend muchy!
lessthanthree.
Always Born a Crime
lessthanthree.
November 14th, 2007 at 04:36am
I was in the car with my mom a few years ago, listening to the radio, and I'm Not Okay came on and I loved it.
ryane clowe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
ryane clowe.
November 14th, 2007 at 04:59am
i was in my room. i had just remembered watching this harry potter vid and the song was called Famous Last Words. i had this other song in my head and i thought it might have been by MCR. turns out it was by Linkin Park, but thats when i watched the FLW vid. i said to myself, damn this band is good,...i watched the vid for like the next 5 days straight. and then i bought Black Parade.i even wrote down the lyrics to FLW in geometry. yup. now mcr rocks my world and without them i'd probably be thinking up ways to kill myself right now.
thedespairfactor23
Killjoy
thedespairfactor23
November 14th, 2007 at 05:05am
it wuz 2004 when revenge came out and i bought it! ima nOOb!!
steel.corpses.
Joining The Black Parade
steel.corpses.
November 14th, 2007 at 05:34am
i was in the room i am in now
the family room
cow