Damage Control.
Salute You in Your Grave
Damage Control.
August 8th, 2007 at 05:35pm
emergencypatientxx:
OK
I dont know if there is a thread for this already
but

What was your VERY FIRST song EVER that you heard from them.
When you did hear them, what was your reaction.

Heres mine ;D

im not okay...
yeah...
I was like
flipping through channels and i was like
"EW JOANNA(my sister) THERE ARE EMO KIDS ON THE TV!"
*my sister comes*
Sister: eww....
me: i hope they die.
sister:yeah me too.

*two years later*
sister: ew...
me" what?
sister: my chemical romance is coming to jersey
me: Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad *shoots sister* DONT EVER SAY EW ABOUT MY BOYS! THEY ROCK HARD GOD DAMMIT!

Pretty much the same with me, except instead of my sister it was my parents.
Bella.Muerte
Killjoy
Bella.Muerte
August 8th, 2007 at 10:06pm
*late* IDLY was the first song I ever heard, my friend had been listening to Kerrang radio on her trip to Scotland, and they kept playing it on there and she loved it, so sent me a link to the video on YouTube.
In fact i went back and found that exact e-mail recently, she wrote : "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
LOVES IT!!!
The bestest song in ages - you might have heard it but this was my fave to listen to on Kerrang on the way to and back from Scotland!"

hahaha. *puts it on right now* I watched it and remember thinking " Neutral ..... nah.", i.e. not being that fussed on it at all. A few days later I found myself thinking about it and put it back on and really liked it. After listening to quite a few more of their songs (*<3 Youtube*) I bought TBC about a week or two later. Absolutely loved it. Then ordered both Revenge and Bullets, and, here I am today! Mr. Green
Captain Bumout
Wild Eyed Joker
Captain Bumout
August 8th, 2007 at 10:58pm
i believe it was either cubicles or skylines and turnstiles.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 9th, 2007 at 04:57am
i was on youtube and was really into sims2 and looked up videos for it and came across this awesome video for Helena and i was just amazed. i started listening to them and i caught on pretty quickly
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
August 9th, 2007 at 05:11am
I'm Not Okay

I was just like "OMG this song rocks!!1"
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 9th, 2007 at 06:54am
Sharpest Lives, I remember seeing TBP video and thinking "These people are nutsssss" (I wasn't as into this kind of "harder" rock"Wink . But my friends had been talking about them for awhile and finally I heard TSL and i did some more research on them and fell in love! *Is wearing MCR t-shirt AND sweatshirt right now*
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
August 9th, 2007 at 11:27am
very first song i heard was skylines and turnstiles demo.
and some time later helena and i'm not okay, which got me really into them.
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
August 9th, 2007 at 02:57pm
I'm Not Okay.
Even though at that point I thought MCR was a "faggots band".
I didn't even know INO was by them until WTTBP was released some years later.

lmfao
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 9th, 2007 at 02:59pm
i think it was either skylines and turnstiles or headfirst for halos
mikey way.
Jazz Hands
mikey way.
August 9th, 2007 at 04:02pm
Helena
KILL-SMILE.. xx
Killjoy
KILL-SMILE.. xx
August 9th, 2007 at 04:14pm
I'mNotOKay, ya that song got me pumped and hyper woo!

i love mcr soo damn much!
themillenia
Joining The Black Parade
themillenia
August 9th, 2007 at 05:13pm
Welcome to the Black Parade

I heard of the phrase My Chemical Romance before but I wasn't into rock at the time. I was mostly into soft rock, oldies, 90's r&b stuff like that. My friend is into rock so one day I was checking my e-mail and she had sent me a message saying "have you heard of a band called My Chemical Romance, can you research them for me?" I love to research so she comes to me when she's curious about something but because it was about a silly rock band (my opinion at the time)I didn't bother.Okay, so a few weeks later, I was lying in my bed watching t.v and flipping the channels with my remote and I stopped it on Saturday Night Live. There was nothin on so I say Oh well, might as well watch this mess.They were at the musical performance part of the show and the annoucer was like "somethin somethin somethin MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE" and I was like isn't that the band my friend was talking about so I started watching and that's when I first laid my eyes on Gerard and the band (don't worry, I love them all) and I said to myself, why does the lead singer have a freakishly different hair color than all the rest. Anyway Gerard started singing this slow song (Welcome to the Black Parade) and he was like "When I was a young boy" and I was like what kind of rock song is this, theres piano and a snare drum and I was like this is stupid, boring, next channel, so I changed the channel. Like a minute later I changed it back and Gerard's screaming the part "When I was a young boy" and I was like "Is this the whole song!" and I definately changed that mess. Two minutes later I go back and the songs about to end and I'm like so now they start rockin. I don't remember how but after that I got obsessed with that song. I think when I went on youtube I typed in there name and watched the video at my dad's office after church.(I know, an awkward time to be listening to them) Man, I thought that video was freaky. I thought it was based on the Holacaust and the stuff that was snowing down was human ashes like on Schindler's List (i've heard). I said to my freind on the phone after I watched it, I think there a weird band but I love this song. For me, it was there music which drew me to them,(later on it was there looks hee hee) but really it was there unique sound that brought me to love this band. I've only liked them for a short period time but I feel like I've known them forever
blackparadeheart13
Killjoy
blackparadeheart13
August 9th, 2007 at 06:47pm
The song that got me into MCR was "The Ghost of You." I had just broken up with my boyfriend and I had scene the video. I started crying Crying or Very sad -
I immediately ran out and bought the Three Cheers album. Very Happy So I'm happy now. Plus I love how Gerard sings it- so much emotion in his voice he sounds like he wants to die- and that's exactly how I felt at the time.
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
August 9th, 2007 at 07:19pm
At first it was the black parade (when it was a single) but that didn't get me into them (that was the only song of theres I had). What really got me into them was Helena
MCRisforeversavingme
Killjoy
MCRisforeversavingme
August 12th, 2007 at 03:56am
Welcome to the The Black Parade
i had heard it before, then i was looking at on demand and they were the featured artist of the month, and i was like i HATE my chemical romance, then my bff made me listen 2 welcome 2 the black parade and i fell in love, of course before i hadnt realized who it was, that was why i thought they were just some dumb emo punk band, but now i cant live without them !
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 12th, 2007 at 04:07am
Well I had seen I'm Not Okay briefly, but it didn't really catch my attention. Frank sort of did, hahaa. But I didn't really think much of it. And then Teenagers was on tv for like... the 349582304 time so I watched it and I liked it and realized how cute Frank was, and then I went on youtube and watched I'm Not Okay, and that's when I really started to love them... and Frank, lol.
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
August 17th, 2007 at 05:21am
WTTBP.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
August 17th, 2007 at 05:26am
helena <3
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts