Don't have an account? Create one!

What song got you into them.

AuthorMessage
thedevilsnightmare
Jazz Hands
thedevilsnightmare
September 12th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Helena...I hate myself 4 bein so cliche. but i did kinda like im not ok but Helena is the one that got me REALLY into them
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
September 14th, 2007 at 07:14am
Vampires Will Never Kill You.
it was a complete departure from any band i was into at the time, but i was hooked.
Previously Perfect.
Jazz Hands
Previously Perfect.
September 14th, 2007 at 07:16am
Okay this sounds a little sad but the song that got me into MCR and the FIRST song i heard from them was WTTBP. like yeah.
Um... and then i got obsessed like four months later and replayed their video on youtube wayyy too much. And then I got TBP and THEN i got Revenge and THEN i got LOTMS and i have yet to get Bullets ;]
even though my favourite song is on Bullets.
Yup.
xxxx
xVengeance
Motor Baby
xVengeance
September 14th, 2007 at 07:19am
welcome to the black parade...i know, it sounds really lame
JaysTrblMkr
Bleeding on the Floor
JaysTrblMkr
September 14th, 2007 at 09:26am
I had heard WTTBP and Famous Last words on the radio and really liked them, but never thought much about the band that played the songs (Yah, I had heard about MCR before, cause I worked with Ticketmaster and thier shows sold out here in Calgary), til my 15 yr. old son was on the computer one day and got really excited and yelled for me to come and see this video he found. It was Teenagers! I fell in Love with them at that moment! I thought Holy Shit!! What a Powerful song, I really liked the beat, then we played it again and I started to understand the lyrics. So I looked up some interviews on the net and realised this band wanted to help the teens, give them a message of hope! That you will survive the FUCKED UP teen years! I was in a bit of a depression at the time I heard that song and then I pulled more of thier songs and now these are the songs (yeah, from all 3 albums) I play when I'm feeling down and they bring me back up. I'm really proud of my son for alot of his choices and this is one of them!! (Yes, we tell him how proud we are of him all the time!) Oh, and his little sister and brother LOVE MCR as well, especially The Black Parade!! (They can sing all the words to Blood!)
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 14th, 2007 at 12:20pm
I'm not okay
It was the 2nd one I heard and I was like...aaaaawwwwww...what an amazing sooong.
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
September 14th, 2007 at 04:52pm
I'm Not Okay was the first one I heard, and I thought it was interesting, so I got 3 Cheers, then I'm like, "This is pretty badass." Very Happy
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 14th, 2007 at 06:13pm
OK, this is going to sound really bizarre. But it was Cancer. I always avoided bands that had a following, because for me it has to be all about the music, so I never actually listened to them. But one day I was sat down flicking through the TV channels and I saw it say to press the red button if I wanted to see a MCR concert.

I was curious so I watched it, and Cancer was just starting... The song made me nearly cry... So I watched the other six songs, and loved them. The show played in a loop indefinately. I sat there for 3 1/2 hours watching the same songs over and over again, and then fell asleep listening to it.

I ran out very soon after to buy TBP. Listened to it every single day like an addict. Then ran out and bought 'Bullets'. Listened to both that and TBP constantly. And then ran around 6 different music shops in three different cities looking for 'Three Cheers'. (None of them had it... Gah! Got it off the internet, *smile*)

It took barely no time at all to turn me into an addict. Hehe. Now i'm trying to persuade my friends and family that it is completely understandable for me to spend my last £20 on LOTMS. Damn I need a job.Smile

xxx
JaysTrblMkr
Bleeding on the Floor
JaysTrblMkr
September 15th, 2007 at 09:58am
Heeheehee... Greenfaerie, I just picked my copy of LOTMS today that I had ordered through a music store, havn't had time to watch it though Sad Can't seem to find Bullets here, but I did find Three Cheers and TBP keeps selling out in the stores (the CD lady in Wal-Mart mentioned she can't keep it on the shelves! She wanted to why it was so popular, I told her she should just listen to it, cause words aren't enough to explain the feelings when hearing it!!) Good luck in getting Three Cheers, I have both CD's in my stereo at ALL TIMES!!
HeyBuddy
Killjoy
HeyBuddy
September 15th, 2007 at 11:17pm
helena was the first song i heard but when i did hear it i wasnt in to rock so i didnt like it. then as time goes by i move 2 a different place get a new perpective on thngs and i hear wttbp. but when i saw the video i wasnt listening 2 the song i was jus like hey i know then i dnt like them (me judging before listening which i gladly say i dnt do anymore) then time flies and i hear teenagers at that time i LOVED rock. Then i downloaded it and as they say the rest it history.
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
September 16th, 2007 at 04:12am
Heard 'Helena' first, but 'I'm Not Okay' got me friggin' hooked yo!
xXIero.ticXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXIero.ticXx
September 16th, 2007 at 06:19am
Cancer caught my attention, but Helena reeled me in.

gotta love youtube. *grin*
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
September 16th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Helana, Ghost Of You, Im Not Okay
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
September 17th, 2007 at 12:02am
Our Lady of Sorrows and Headfirst For Halos
X_heaven_help_me_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_heaven_help_me_X
September 17th, 2007 at 11:46pm
Famous Last Words. I love that song.
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
September 18th, 2007 at 03:35am
i first heard helena and im not okay on mtv but i always seemed to tune in just as they were finishing but then i bought my friend LOTMS for her bday and watched it with her and was hooked
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
September 18th, 2007 at 03:39am
Helena, Fo' Sho. And then I'm Not Okay.
Helena just made me see music in a whole entirely different way. Absolutely loved it, even till this day I do. Very Happy
HedleyandMCR'sangel
Killjoy
HedleyandMCR'sangel
September 18th, 2007 at 03:56am
I was wacthing T.V, and they were talking about MCR. There were parts of Welcome To The Black Parade. I heard it before, but never really cared for it. But this day after the show was over, I went on the computer and searched My Chemical Romance. And the first full song I heard by MCR was Famous Last Words, and I thought, 'Whoa, this band is good.'
lessthanthree.
Always Born a Crime
lessthanthree.
September 26th, 2007 at 11:46pm
I think the first two I heard were I'm Not Okay and Helena, and I loved them both, but I heard Welcome To The Black Parade, and I was like "Oh my god this is AWESOME!" and then I just had to go on the internet and hear more MCR...and now I'm addicted.
Edit: Page Claim! Cool
blahh
Jazz Hands
blahh
September 27th, 2007 at 12:17am
helena im not okay and the ghost of you.