Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenage Depression

AuthorMessage
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
August 29th, 2007 at 04:11am
rachi_left4deadx_x:
There is know medical proof that shows it is impossible for a teenager to be depressed because everyone's brains are the same.
\

Can you please clarify what that last sentence meant?
Smile
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
August 29th, 2007 at 08:02pm
S713:
rachi_left4deadx_x:
There is know medical proof that shows it is impossible for a teenager to be depressed because everyone's brains are the same.
\

Can you please clarify what that last sentence meant?
Smile

Yeah.

Everybodies brain works the same way and depression can be caused by problems in the brain. I can't really explain it. I mean, if 2 different people had the same problem with their brains and needed brain surgury, the surgeon would approach both patients with the same procedure because both brains are the same, weather one is slightly bigger or smaller etc. Its the same with depression. Depression can be caused by parts of your brain going wrong or inbalancing other parts of your brain.

If you don't get it just say and I will try and find another way to explain it.
jay toro!!!
Fabulous Killjoy
jay toro!!!
August 31st, 2007 at 05:17am
I do not want ANY sympathy,I am simply sharing my experience.....
Okay,I am 13 and have been depressed since age 11. a lot of things have happened to me that I have now put behind me,but still effect my life in some ways. Right now I am on medication for it,and i can honestly say that it has helped a lot. theropy did not work for me. everyone is different and needs different kinds of help. I am okay, but I still have to do things once in a while. I tried to kill myself,(NO SYMPATHY!!!) and I now realize that I can't do that again....ever.
I suggest that if you or someone you know is depressed,you need to get help,
"pissing your life away on suicide is fucking bullshit!!!!"- Gerard Way.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
September 13th, 2007 at 02:47pm
I've read somewhere that some cases of depression is medical-related and can be medically cured. It's not dangerous, medically-speaking, but emotionally speaking, it is... very.

Anyway...

I guess it's something we should really fight, something we should never ignore, I agree that it's sort of normal for teenagers to become sad or depressed every once in a while, but also, teenagers tend to take consequences, most likely it can lead to suicide when the person never felt any better for a long time.

Teenagers are the people who tries to act mature and take things seriously, hence why we have short bad tempers and we are easily disappointed and discouraged, and what's worse is that it comes with our immature actions... 'immature' decisions... and insufficient knowledge... and when combined-- the result is more than tragic... if not crime or violence... then it all comes down to suicide.
Mitch
Salute You in Your Grave
Mitch
September 14th, 2007 at 10:41am
rachi_left4deadx_x:
Everybodies brain works the same way and depression can be caused by problems in the brain. I can't really explain it. I mean, if 2 different people had the same problem with their brains and needed brain surgury, the surgeon would approach both patients with the same procedure because both brains are the same, weather one is slightly bigger or smaller etc. Its the same with depression. Depression can be caused by parts of your brain going wrong or inbalancing other parts of your brain.

specks of crimson:
I've read somewhere that some cases of depression is medical-related and can be medically cured. It's not dangerous, medically-speaking, but emotionally speaking, it is... very.

Depression is actually caused by an imbalance of seratonin neuroadrenaline in the brain. Anti-depressants aren't just treating the side effects of depression, they're evenning out the chemical imbalance.

A lot of people thought a lobotomy (surgical removal of the frontal lobe of the brain) could cure almost anything and did a lot of experimentaion on the mentally retarted and prison inmates as recent as the 80s before the human right movements; and therefore the outlawing of capital punishment in most states and Canada.

I think the media plays-up teen suicide to be more of an issue than it really is. (Teen violence and self-abuse is an issue, however.) You're more likely to kill yourself if your middle-aged than if you're a teenager.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
September 16th, 2007 at 09:33am
This thread is not to share your experiences.

It's for you to state whether or not you believe that Teenage Depression is possible and how you think it should be treated.
No more experiences. Please.

Okay, so;
Like I said before, I do believe in teenage depression and since someone already explained what depression was, I don't have to.
Personally, the only way I'd like anyone under the age of 18 to be treated would be with therapy. I'm not sure of any alternatives.
I'm not necessarily sure if family support is needed, but I'd recommend it. I think it would be better if a teenager has family by their side during recovery.
I think that maybe some people could be able to recover on their own, but only some people. The support of others usually helps in situations like depression.
lolis12007
Really Not Okay
lolis12007
September 16th, 2007 at 09:21pm
i do believe in teenage depression. i have had it and it kind of sucks. i believe that it can be cured by talking to your friend or someone really close to you, because i think that an adult will take you imediately to a psychologist or something. but a friend that's a teen can understand you and help you go through the depression.
Tiffany xoxo
Killjoy
Tiffany xoxo
September 17th, 2007 at 01:19am
its a tuchey subject
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
September 17th, 2007 at 10:33am
were all gonna die:
its a tuchey subject
It is?
Why?
In this section of INO you must explain your opinions, specify your reasons,
a sentence is not enough.
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
September 17th, 2007 at 05:59pm
I feel as though teenager depression effects a lot of kids, even i it doesn't seem like they have it, it is just about growing up but in some cases it stays with some people and that is when it get serious because then they have a the stress of having to have jobs and having to start a life
x_gerard_way_lover_x
Killjoy
x_gerard_way_lover_x
September 17th, 2007 at 06:25pm
i am not to sure weither there is teen depression or not because my mate on my site says he is depressed because of things that have happened in his life so i am not to sure .
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 17th, 2007 at 11:38pm
i really don't see an issue with posting your experiences. sometimes it is easier to understand when someone shares their own personal experience.
but alas we all have different opinions.
anyway, like i have said before, i do believe that teenage depression is out there. you will find instances where it could just very well be hormones, but how do you explain a 16 year-old who wants to end his/her life? that is where my argument comes in.
greendaytre
Killjoy
greendaytre
September 18th, 2007 at 03:25am
I think teenage depression is a very serious issue. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 2, and two years ago (13 years) I found out I had bipolar. Likewise, my dad had depression in high school, and he didn't get help until he married my mom. But it carries through your whole life.
g.hostFACER!
Jazz Hands
g.hostFACER!
September 19th, 2007 at 10:47pm
screenager.:
you will find instances where it could just very well be hormones, but how do you explain a 16 year-old who wants to end his/her life? that is where my argument comes in.

thank you.

How can someone honestly say that teens don't get depressed, just down? 35% of the teen population today has suffered or is suffering from some form of depression, whether it be small or manic. If you're a happy person, you don't think constantly about how much easier life would be if you blew off your head. However, teenagers with depression are clouded with these thoughts and are constantly struggling to save their minds from themselves.

I know teens being depressed is real because 1/4 of the suicides in America are those from the adolescent era.
Would a normal teen who just got bummed do that?

& on a totally off-subject note;; screenager, i just realized that we have the exact same font ^_^
xXdark_angelXx
Killjoy
xXdark_angelXx
September 20th, 2007 at 03:42am
yes i think there is such thing...i was diagnosed with it a few months back...
xXdark_angelXx
Killjoy
xXdark_angelXx
September 20th, 2007 at 03:44am
most people just put on an act...trying to be 'gothic' or 'emo' and act all depressed but then there are the teens that are really depressed and nobody knows it due to all these posers.
Jayohen
Fabulous Killjoy
Jayohen
September 20th, 2007 at 10:31pm
1. I have it.
2. Yes, I think so.
3. Not fully.
4. ...
Jayohen
Fabulous Killjoy
Jayohen
September 20th, 2007 at 10:32pm
I just think no one realy notices much when a teen is depressed, since we can't feel what they feel, and they tend to hide it a bit.
macapbfan
Killjoy
macapbfan
September 21st, 2007 at 12:58am
yea, i had it. my school was messed up, i changed schools, i'm feeling better now. i was diagnosed with severe depression and it got so bad that all i could think about was suicide. and yes, i did go to a therapist/physchologist. but, no, i didn't get any meds.
NOTHINGLEFT
Salute You in Your Grave
NOTHINGLEFT
September 25th, 2007 at 03:05pm
Teenage depression is a very serious issue. Many people don't believe it do exist among teenagers, but it do. It's pretty heavy stuff, if you don't get help. I've suffer from it myself, it's hard. My advise: talk about you're problem, if can't write it down and show it to someone. Smiley