Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Muse forced to cancel shows on current tour.

AuthorMessage
pheartehgrimace
Killjoy
pheartehgrimace
May 6th, 2007 at 05:49am
this is the 3rd Time I've attempted to see them
and twice they cancelled and once It was sold out.
I love how their a Jersey band and they are barely ever in PA ever.
Shannon's Not Okay
Jazz Hands
Shannon's Not Okay
May 6th, 2007 at 09:44am
I love how they played Bamboozle last night but had the fucking balls to cancel tonights show.

>.<
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
May 6th, 2007 at 09:56am
WTF - are you sure they've cancelled tonight - I've just bought a f*cking ticket!
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
May 6th, 2007 at 10:03am
Erm, it's possible that they had a relapse. I understand that it's upsetting that they've cancelled, but give them a break, would you?

Look at it this way, I've been trying to see Aerosmith since 2003. I've yet to see them. In '03, Hurricane Isabelle hit the day of the concert. It was obviously cancelled ahead of time to avoid injury. In '04, I had tickets, was ready and waiting to go, and at about noon the day of the concert, it was announced on the radio that it was cancelled because Steven Tyler has laryngitis. They haven't been back since.

Like I said, shit happens. Let's just hope they all feel better soon, and remember that MCR is devoted to their fans - they will make damned sure to come back to the places they had to miss as soon as they can, they have always promised that.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
May 6th, 2007 at 10:11am
Soz, I didn't mean it like that - it's just I've just spent $450 on a plane ticket (from Newark to Portland non-refundable) to get there (yes, I know its my own stupid fault), and I've come all the way over from the UK to see them, and of course the poor guys had to cancel the Glen Falls and Reading gigs (as well others). So I took a chance and booked to go and see this show because they were at Bamboozle last night.

I'm not annoyed at them, they can't help it at all, it's just that I wish the venue would'nt have sold me the ticket, but they may not have known when they did if it was going to be cancelled.

I really do hope they get better soon, Ray did not look well, and of course I really hope everyone who is ill is going to be ok.

I swear I didn't mean it like it sounded, it's just I've spent every penny I have to get over here and see them, I work 4 jobs and and have given up so much just to be here, I love the guys so much.

And now I don't know what's happening because I can't get through to the venue. Crying or Very sad

EDIT: The gig is definitely cancelled and thank god I've managed to get a refund on my plane ticket! I'm sorry again if my last post sounded harsh, I just love them so damn much, I swear they'll be the death of me one day!
I reallly hope they do get better soon and it was brave of them to play last night, maybe it was just because they were home that they did it, hopefully they'll get some rest now before they carry on again.
jesse lacey.
Salute You in Your Grave
jesse lacey.
May 6th, 2007 at 10:36am
I can't believe they caneled tonight. I was going to meet them. I fucking won a radio contest. And now they're saying the probably won't even reschedule.

Just my luck.
imxnotxokayxtrustxme
Killjoy
imxnotxokayxtrustxme
May 6th, 2007 at 11:22am
yea im like really upset with them right now... but im not trying to be too mad at them... things happen.. they are human .. they get sick too. but its still depressing.. to look forward to such an awsome night at this happens. i was suppose to go to the may 4th concert in reading PA.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 6th, 2007 at 11:24am
They probably went back to work too soon; considering everything that they had to do during the day and then play that night; there bodies were probably going; 'What the hell???!!! I'm no well by the way!'
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
May 6th, 2007 at 11:43am
I'm upset too they've cancelled 3 of the 4 gigs I was going to and I've come over from the UK, but I know how serious Salmonella is and Ray really didn't look well - he didn't even need the white make-up!
I hope they get some rest now and get all better. They really can't help that they got sick.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
May 6th, 2007 at 12:28pm
Burn all the Empires:
I'm sorry again if my last post sounded harsh, I just love them so damn much, I swear they'll be the death of me one day!
I reallly hope they do get better soon and it was brave of them to play last night, maybe it was just because they were home that they did it, hopefully they'll get some rest now before they carry on again.

Actually, I meant it towards the "have the fucking balls to cancel" statement above your post - I think you and I must have posted within the same moment of one another, because it was the statement above you that bothered me. I didn't mean to make you feel bad about it! Sad

Again, it's understandable to be upset, but it can't be helped. And they will do their best to make it up to all of you whose shows have been cancelled, you know they will. They may not be able to rescedule any time soon, but they'll be back, you know they will - they love touring and doing concerts, and they love us all.
Boys Night Out
Salute You in Your Grave
Boys Night Out
May 6th, 2007 at 12:37pm
pangea.:
I can't believe they caneled tonight. I was going to meet them. I firetrucking won a radio contest. And now they're saying the probably won't even reschedule.

Just my luck.

I know everyone is upset about them cancelling all these shows...I was going to see them and meet them for the first time at the Pittsburgh show-but they cancelled. But, they are obviously really sick and they wouldn't just cancel these shows for some stupid reason. And as for them playing in Jersey yesterday, they probably thought they could handle it, but they probably aren't 100% themselves yet. Calm down. I bet they are going to try and come back to all the shows they've cancelled. They are amazing to their fans, and I'm sure they feel VERY bad about all of this...But it's not their fault. So...Just hope they get better and chill.
the jersey devil.
Crash Queen
the jersey devil.
May 6th, 2007 at 12:49pm
I just saw them last night and I'm sorry to everyone that was going to tonights show and the past shows that were cancelled. hug

I hope they all feel better soon.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 6th, 2007 at 12:52pm
I think I'm just sesitive.. because I just almost started crying..

whatever.

Hope they're back on track soon <33
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 6th, 2007 at 01:51pm
wow.
i mean WOW.
i saw them at bamboozle... i was hoping they weren't sick.
gerard made an amazing speech about not being able to keep them down, and you definitely fucking cant.
salmonella is VERY serious, guys... it is not a little thing to worry about.
I am AMAZED, and extremely thankful that they still came to bamboozle.
that's fucking dedication.
they were probably feeling like shit...
i never would have asked them to do that for us.
i really hope they can get back to being 100% better verryyy soon,
and im so sorry you guys had to miss them in the past few days.
I know how you feel... they cancelled my show last time, also.
let's all just hope they get better.
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 6th, 2007 at 02:02pm
shannonXcore:
I love how they played Bamboozle last night but had the fucking balls to cancel tonights show.

>.<

ps,
you're ridiculous.
jesse lacey.
Salute You in Your Grave
jesse lacey.
May 6th, 2007 at 03:23pm
xIEROx:

whatever.

I DID start crying. A lot.

I'm not mad at them at all, it's not their fault whatsoever. They were really looking forward to playing Portland because we had all these special things for them that they don't usually get (they were getting the key to the city) and I know they would've played if they could. According to a guy from Reprise on the radio station here, a guy collapsed after their show last night (Didn't say who) and 21 people got food poisoning. The poisoning has now turned into something worse, probably something similar to the flu. They'll be making the dates up after the European tour.
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 6th, 2007 at 04:05pm
pangea.:
According to a guy from Reprise on the radio station here, a guy collapsed after their show last night (Didn't say who) and 21 people got food poisoning. The poisoning has now turned into something worse, probably something similar to the flu. They'll be making the dates up after the European tour.

you mean after bamboozle?
a lot of people were collapsing last night...
that doesn't really have anything to do with it, though.
the poisoning was from after their show in virginia.
you dont catch food poisoning.
it is the same thing from before, they just tried to ignore it and play anyway.
which was a mistake.
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
May 6th, 2007 at 06:27pm
Fuck. My show's on Tuesday.
Boys Night Out
Salute You in Your Grave
Boys Night Out
May 6th, 2007 at 07:18pm
xIEROx:

whatever.

Oh believe me...I cried...For about 2 days. Sad
So I don't blame you.
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
May 6th, 2007 at 08:12pm
just got another e-mail-

MCR Cancels Tonight's Show In Portland, Maine

Due to continuing issues with their recent food poisoning, My Chemical Romance have to cancel tonight's show in Portland, Maine. The band is really bummed and will do everything they can to make the show up.

Sad