Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Muse forced to cancel shows on current tour.

AuthorMessage
Shotgun Sinner.
Fabulous Killjoy
Shotgun Sinner.
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:21pm
NEW STATEMENT FROM THE CAFE THAT POSSIBLY CAUSE MCR'S ILLNESSES.

http://www.greenleafe.com/statement.html
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:28pm
Huh. I already commented, but I wanted to say that this reminds me of a Thanksgiving a few years ago. My whole extended family got together (except me and immediate family--outta town) and pooled three turkeys. Apparently one of them had gone bad, so the whole lot of them, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins--they all got sick. My uncle was so badly off they thought he might have gotten hepatitis. Turns out it was salmonella.

I think they were violently ill for about three days, but not back to normal for a week or two. I hope the guys can make a speedy recovery.
Shotgun Sinner.
Fabulous Killjoy
Shotgun Sinner.
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:35pm
oh, another article. -searches for it- said that the boys had salomanella..[sp?]
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:46pm
GET WELL SOON!
[god im glad i didnt get those tickets for pitt i would have been heartbroken!]
¹²³Mrs.Self.Destruct©™
Bleeding on the Floor
¹²³Mrs.Self.Destruct©™
May 3rd, 2007 at 10:51pm
I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in my life >_< I've been looking forward to seeing them tonight (well, actually it was supposed to be Tuesday night... then moved to Wednsday... then moved to tonight) for 5 months.

I just hope they get better soon because food poisoning sucks... really bad.

=(
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
May 3rd, 2007 at 10:53pm
Easter Davy:
fmacgrs:
LIKE OMMMFFFFFGGGGZZZZZZZ!!!!! CHIKNS SHLD LKE DIIEEZZZZZ!! FUCKING CHIKNSSSSSS RUIN MYYY LYYYFFFFEEEE!!!!!!

I WILL B AFRAID OF CHIKNS 4 THE REST OF MY LYYYYFFFFFEEEE!!!!!!!

0_0 It's not the chickens' fault!

Yeah... Its not the chicken's fault... Chickens don't mean to hurt anyone.... Crying or Very sad
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
May 3rd, 2007 at 10:57pm
Kaede:
fmacgrs:
LIKE OMMMFFFFFGGGGZZZZZZZ!!!!! CHIKNS SHLD LKE DIIEEZZZZZ!! FUCKING CHIKNSSSSSS RUIN MYYY LYYYFFFFEEEE!!!!!!

I WILL B AFRAID OF CHIKNS 4 THE REST OF MY LYYYYFFFFFEEEE!!!!!!!

Yeah... Its not the chicken's fault... Chickens don't mean to hurt anyone.... Crying or Very sad

Ignore "fmacgrs" I have reported this user - it's obvious from their posts that they are trying to cause trouble.
(and their username actually says 'mcr fags' if you look at it!)

I'm hoping the boys get better for Bamboozle - I keep checking the site, but nothing yet!
xXHuman_WreckageXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXHuman_WreckageXx
May 4th, 2007 at 07:41am
i got 2 tickets to the pittsburgh show..and even tho they cancelled, ticketmaster still keeps a percentage of the money..so i lost money over this....and they better be coming back.
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
May 4th, 2007 at 07:54am
Glad i wasn't going to any of those concerts, but it's so sad!
fmacgrs
Banned
fmacgrs
May 4th, 2007 at 10:29am
Burn all the Empires:

Ignore "fmacgrs" I have reported this user - it's obvious from their posts that they are trying to cause trouble.
(and their username actually says 'mcr fags' if you look at it!)

I find it quite hilarious that you feel the need to post that in every thread. Maybe when YOU look at it that's what it says. Thanks for making my username mean something horrible like that *sob sob*

Let it be known that it is a MCR fan that is posting in numerous threads that mcr are fags. it twas not I. maybe you should learn not to say stuff like that until you know for sure that's what it really means.

What would they think if they came on here and saw one of their DEAR fans that they care SOO much about calling them that. They would relapse...
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
May 4th, 2007 at 11:01am
I hope they'll get well soon!
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 4th, 2007 at 12:19pm
I just want them to be fine again
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 4th, 2007 at 12:33pm
"We would like to reassure all of our...customers that we will continue to practice the safe standards of food preparation that we have maintained in our seventeen years of management of the Green Leafe."

Boy, they'd better pray that the Virginia Department of Health rules in their favor, or they're going to regret that choice of words! Hmm, not a good press run for Virginia this past couple of weeks, huh?
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
May 4th, 2007 at 12:36pm
fmacgrs:

I find it quite hilarious that you feel the need to post that in every thread. Maybe when YOU look at it that's what it says. Thanks for making my username mean something horrible like that *sob sob*

Let it be known that it is a MCR fan that is posting in numerous threads that mcr are fags. it twas not I. maybe you should learn not to say stuff like that until you know for sure that's what it really means.

What would they think if they came on here and saw one of their DEAR fans that they care SOO much about calling them that. They would relapse...

my gosh! leave please fmacgrs
imxnotxokayxtrustxme
Killjoy
imxnotxokayxtrustxme
May 4th, 2007 at 03:48pm
since they have been clancelling some shows in the past week or so.... does ne one like have an idea or ne thing... of them coming back to the arenas of the ones they cancelled?

bc i was suppose to go to the one tonight... and im like so upset and hoping they will come back like SOON.
Beckett Williams.
Fabulous Killjoy
Beckett Williams.
May 4th, 2007 at 04:35pm
i was supposed to go to the reading concert tonight, but it was cancelled. its a shame they didnt reschedule. i just hope they're alright and all get better again.
blank stare
Killjoy
blank stare
May 4th, 2007 at 05:13pm
If it is the Norovirus that they have....o boy. my pastor just had it a few weeks ago and he was out for a week..sick as a dog.

I hope the boys are feeling better.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
May 6th, 2007 at 01:31am
Hey guys,
I just got back from the Bamboozle show and Gerard said that it was Ray, Bob and Matt out of the band who got Salmonella and a lot of the crew. He apologised for having to cancel some of the shows and said they would make it up to us. They are still sick but are carrying on, Ray looked so pale. I hope they all get better real soon - poor guys.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
May 6th, 2007 at 03:16am
I'm from the Williamsburg area, and I was at the show. (The show went off without a hitch - apparently they started showing signs Sunday, when they were en route to PA.)

Just to let you know - yes, the Green Leafe apparently received a bad batch of chicken. It could happen to any restaurant. They have already received three death threats over this - please calm down, guys. (To those thinking that this is the way to handle this situation, let me remind you of what Gerard said in an interview once, that people who commit acts of terrorism and actually kill people for revenge or because of their own problems are "awful, awful people" - Gerard would not approve of going after this place because of this!)

As someone who works in food service, I can assure you that this sort of thing can happen anywhere at any time.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the Greene Leafe, I think they are too pricey, but I do know that they've never had a problem like this before.

Other people have gotten sick from this incident (I mean other than MCR and Muse and their crews), so we're pretty sure that it's something that happened with GL. To my knowledge, they've never had any sort of problem like this before, but as I said, shit happens, and this sort of thing could happen anywhere. It's not as though they said, "Oh my gosh, let's make sure we can cater for MCR so we can poison them!" ANY restaurant can receive a bad batch of ANYTHING, from chicken to spinach to canned goods, and they won't know that anything is wrong until someone shows signs of being sick. It's just so much worse in this instance because so many people were getting the food at once, therefore more got sick at the same time.

I really feel the need to defend them because I can see this snowballing into something really harmful if it gets out of control.

In any case, while I understand that those of you whose shows were cancelled are upset, please don't get enraged about it towards the cafe, the venue or the city. Like I said, shit happens.

And I'm sure the guys will be okay. The fact that they did in fact perform at Bamboozle tells me they will. They push themselves, yes, but they know when to let it go and not burn themselves out. They'll be okay.

Speedy recovery to all the band members and crewmen, and good luck to the Green Leafe. Sad
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
May 6th, 2007 at 05:21am
stormygirl84:
I'm from the Williamsburg area, and I was at the show. (The show went off without a hitch - apparently they started showing signs Sunday, when they were en route to PA.)

Just to let you know - yes, the Green Leafe apparently received a bad batch of chicken. It could happen to any restaurant. They have already received three death threats over this - please calm down, guys. (To those of you thinking that this is the way to handle this situation, let me remind you of what Gerard said in an interview once, that people who commit acts of terrorism and actually kill people for revenge or because of their own problems are "awful, awful people" - Gerard would not approve of going after this place because of this!)

As someone who works in food service, I can assure you that this sort of thing can happen anywhere at any time.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the Greene Leafe, I think they are too pricey, but I do know that they've never had a problem like this before.

Other people have gotten sick from this incident (I mean other than MCR and Muse and their crews), so we're pretty sure that it's something that happened with GL. To my knowledge, they've never had any sort of problem like this before, but as I said, shit happens, and this sort of thing could happen anywhere. It's not as though they said, "Oh my gosh, let's make sure we can cater for MCR so we can poison them!" ANY restaurant can receive a bad batch of ANYTHING, from chicken to spinach to canned goods, and they won't know that anything is wrong until someone shows signs of being sick. It's just so much worse in this instance because so many people were getting the food at once, therefore more got sick at the same time.

I really feel the need to defend them because I can see this snowballing into something really harmful if it gets out of control.

In any case, while I understand that those of you whose shows were cancelled are upset, please don't get enraged about it towards the cafe, the venue or the city. Like I said, shit happens.

And I'm sure the guys will be okay. The fact that they did in fact perform at Bamboozle tells me they will. They push themselves, yes, but they know when to let it go and not burn themselves out. They'll be okay.

Speedy recovery to all the band members and crewmen, and good luck to the Green Leafe. Sad

Damn Straight! Yes