^ I love you
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
July 8th, 2008 at 01:39pm
Faye Merci:
Obama isn't a muslim. He's baptist.

Our country isn't being attacked.

We're the ones attacking another country.

And muslim has nothing to do with it.

We'd attack them if they were jewish or christian or muslim.

It's because they have oil. Lots of it. And we want it.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

AAAAAHHH! I love you for saying that! I'm not American, and the general perception I think the whole world has is that Americans have NO IDEA what or why they invaded the Middle East. But now I know that Hollywood didn't brainwash all the American citizens... great great post!
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 8th, 2008 at 03:33pm
Faye Merci:

We'd attack them if they were jewish or christian or muslim.

It's because they have oil. Lots of it. And we want it.

We're not just attacking them because of oil. That is a factor, (a very big factor) but it's not the only reason.

Obama would make a good president. He's very intelligent, and instead of splitting the two parties further apart, he would choose the best people for his cabinet whether they are republican or democratic. The down-side is that he does not have very much political experience.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
July 8th, 2008 at 08:21pm
Eponine:
We're not just attacking them because of oil. That is a factor, (a very big factor) but it's not the only reason..

Oh sorry, and the other ones?

Like liberating Iraqis? Operation Iraqi Freedom?

What a joke.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 8th, 2008 at 09:58pm
^ Again, my thoughts exactly

Its like I'm not apart of the disscusion but my opinion is still wonderfully expressed.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 8th, 2008 at 10:33pm
Faye Merci:
Eponine:
We're not just attacking them because of oil. That is a factor, (a very big factor) but it's not the only reason..

Oh sorry, and the other ones?

Like liberating Iraqis? Operation Iraqi Freedom?

What a joke.

Iraq is number 7 on the list of where the US gets it's oil from. Canada, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia are the top three.

Ever heard of 9/11?

The terrorist that inhabit Iraq are the main reason that we are over there. The attacked us once and they would do it again. Of course it is masked under the facade of liberating Iraq, once it was found out that the weapons of mass destruction rumored to be there where proved untrue, they had to come up with a good excuse to cover there a**es.
And I'm not saying that the war was the right choice, but something did need to be done. And if there was no oil over there I don't think a different decision would have been made, we would still be at war.
Anyway this is not the right topic to discuss this in. I'm sorry for getting everything so off topic.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
July 8th, 2008 at 11:25pm
Eponine:
Iraq is number 7 on the list of where the US gets it's oil from. Canada, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia are the top three.

Ever heard of 9/11?

The terrorist that inhabit Iraq are the main reason that we are over there. The attacked us once and they would do it again. Of course it is masked under the facade of liberating Iraq, once it was found out that the weapons of mass destruction rumored to be there where proved untrue, they had to come up with a good excuse to cover there a**es.
And I'm not saying that the war was the right choice, but something did need to be done. And if there was no oil over there I don't think a different decision would have been made, we would still be at war.
Anyway this is not the right topic to discuss this in. I'm sorry for getting everything so off topic.

Yes actually, I lived through it.

We never went to Iraq to actually find WMD's. That was a bullshit excuse the Bush Administration made up to actually get into Iraq. The first bush got us into Afghanistan, the second got us into Iraq. It was the perfect set-up to get us into a country that had what we needed. Oil. Those triumphant videos of Saddam Hussein's statue being torn down? The people doing it were hired Kurds, not Iraqis. The Iraqi money they were burning in a symbol of thanks to their new American liberators? It was Kurdish money. It didn't matter to them anyways. The whole thing was a sham. A set-up. It always had ulterior motives.

and yes, this was off topic.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 9th, 2008 at 12:29am
Faye Merci:

Yes actually, I lived through it.

We never went to Iraq to actually find WMD's. That was a bullshit excuse the Bush Administration made up to actually get into Iraq. The first bush got us into Afghanistan, the second got us into Iraq. It was the perfect set-up to get us into a country that had what we needed. Oil. Those triumphant videos of Saddam Hussein's statue being torn down? The people doing it were hired Kurds, not Iraqis. The Iraqi money they were burning in a symbol of thanks to their new American liberators? It was Kurdish money. It didn't matter to them anyways. The whole thing was a sham. A set-up. It always had ulterior motives.

and yes, this was off topic.

Kurds live in Iraq too.
And I like that you completely ignored the fact that America does not get the majority of its oil from Iraq. And even though we are at war in Iraq they still sell us their oil.

I really need to stop replying to you...
any who Presidential Election 2008.
The black man with the new ideas or the old, war, windbag?
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
July 10th, 2008 at 03:54am
Guys, guys, we got some pretty cool threads about the ideas you're arguing on. Take it to one of 'em if you want to continue, you're both really intelligent and I really like the debate.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
July 10th, 2008 at 09:56am
If I had a vote, my vote would go for Obama, because we need someone with progressive thinking to help us fix the mess made over the last 8 years.
I'm not saying McCain is a paticularly bad canidate, but for this 2008 Presidential election, the conservative policies just won't work.
It's just like Hoover in the 1930's. The conservative ideal was to sit around and do nothing, and the economy was still rock bottom, until FDR stepped in and intervened, and made the New Deals which helped get America get out of depression.
America is in a time of crisis now. If we don't choose the right president, we might fall into another Great Depression (Or a nuclear war :/).
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
July 10th, 2008 at 11:33am
I don't get it. Why could an american president not be muslim?
Its kinda the same god.
icyblues
Motor Baby
icyblues
July 10th, 2008 at 11:44am
I like Obama, he has our country's best interests at heart.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
July 10th, 2008 at 02:00pm
Heybaberiba:
I don't get it. Why could an american president not be muslim?
Its kinda the same god.

We've only ever had Christian presidents (and even in that, only one Catholic president), and I think there are a lot of stereotypes surrounding Islam, partly because the "terrorists" are Muslim. I don't think the US is going to be as accepting of people of other religions, if such a big deal is made because Obama is black or Hilary is a woman. Not to mention that the US is religious country. But I think it's important to remember that a small group of extremists DO NOT define a religion, just like the Westboro Baptist Church does not define Christianity.

And by the way, Barack isn't a Muslim, he's a Christian.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 10th, 2008 at 03:19pm
I think people got that idea because his middle name is Hussein. Which I think means 'good; small handsome one'

samantha connolly:
Guys, guys, we got some pretty cool threads about the ideas you're arguing on. Take it to one of 'em if you want to continue, you're both really intelligent and I really like the debate.

Sorry about that. It's over now.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 11th, 2008 at 01:30am
Just thought I'd post this nugget of hilarity.

So is Obama talking down to black people?
SavvyTheEntertainer
Killjoy
SavvyTheEntertainer
July 12th, 2008 at 05:40am
OBAMA '08. seriously. mccain is gonna sit on his ass and not do shit! He's like mini bush but with better ideas about the enviroment. And everyone knows bush is HORRIBLE and has done nothing but put this country through shit because of this never ending pointless war. It shouldnt even be a question who to vote for, unless your going independent in which case whats the point of voting at all? that just means that your vote isnt going to count in determining which of the two main candidates is going to be president.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 12th, 2008 at 07:08am
SavvyTheEntertainer:
OBAMA '08. seriously. mccain is gonna sit on his ass and not do shit! He's like mini bush but with better ideas about the enviroment. And everyone knows bush is HORRIBLE and has done nothing but put this country through shit because of this never ending pointless war. It shouldnt even be a question who to vote for, unless your going independent in which case whats the point of voting at all? that just means that your vote isnt going to count in determining which of the two main candidates is going to be president.

I wouldn't say the war is pointless, it has a point, to fight terrorism. How good of a job it's doing? Well there's a whole other discussion thread about that.
What Bush really did was put our economy in the shitter. (excuse my language please)
Voting independently shouldn't be considered throwing your vote away. It's ridiculous that this country is basically stuck with the two parties and there's not another choice. That should definitely change.
Battery Diamond
Bleeding on the Floor
Battery Diamond
August 24th, 2008 at 11:34pm
Well, The DNC starts tomorrow and I'm so exicited about that. (I'm a Democrat). So we now have our official Democratic Team Obama/Biden. Plus this is my first year to vote. So is anyone else watching the DNC?
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 25th, 2008 at 11:30am
one word
obama
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 25th, 2008 at 06:01pm
demolitionloversmway:
one word