Don't have an account? Create one!

2008 Presidential Election.

AuthorMessage
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
February 28th, 2008 at 03:21pm
im really starting to lean to Obama. i think he can do a lot of good for our country.

Some ppl think he doesnt have enough experience but as one of my teachers put it "look where experience has gotten us so far"
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
March 1st, 2008 at 11:16pm
I tried to make a thread like this when I first joined but it got locked. Neutral

Check my sig, I'm an Obama supporter. Right now I'm wearing a hand-made shirt that says "change we can believe in" and I attended an Obama event earlier today.

However I do sympathize with Clinton. She's trying to run as the first woman President with a lot of baggage and a lot of people who don't like her only because of her husband or because she's "uppity." The sexism displayed by some people to her is disgusting. I know what it's like to try to survive in the "boys club" by being 1st chair in my school's Jazz Band, it's no picnic.

I think Hillary is an awesome politician but a fighter, not a uniter or president. She'd make an excellent attorney general or Senate Majority leader. There would be nothing better for America (at least the liberal half) than being led by an Obama/Hillary Clinton/Pelosi team.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
March 2nd, 2008 at 09:03am
I agree with the post above. She's good at getting what she wants, good at persuading people to agree with her. At this time, though, I'm not sure that's what we need. Actually, I'm pretty sure we don't need someone who's making the huge friction between Democrat and Republican bigger. Someone who can bring us all together is what we need, and I think Barrack Obama is the only one who has his goals set on doing that.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 08:04pm
I don't think that a Republican is going to make it into the office this time around. The only guy left is John McCain, and to be frank, that guy looks like he's gonna keel over in an instant. Sorry for offending anyone, but that guy's been running for a while, and I don't think anyone wants to take a chance with someone that old. Right now, I think Obama is pretty close to winning. He seems like a very promising president, sure to be a pretty good one. As for Hilary, she doen't really have a chance. I mean, would anyone even know who she was if it weren't for the fact that she's married to former President Bill Clinton? I don't think so, and she doesn't seem to be doing much. I think the only good candidates are in the Democratic Party.
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 24th, 2008 at 08:14pm
Littlemisschem:
I don't think that a Republican is going to make it into the office this time around. The only guy left is John McCain, and to be frank, that guy looks like he's gonna keel over in an instant. Sorry for offending anyone, but that guy's been running for a while, and I don't think anyone wants to take a chance with someone that old. Right now, I think Obama is pretty close to winning. He seems like a very promising president, sure to be a pretty good one. As for Hilary, she doen't really have a chance. I mean, would anyone even know who she was if it weren't for the fact that she's married to former President Bill Clinton? I don't think so, and she doesn't seem to be doing much. I think the only good candidates are in the Democratic Party.

i agree totally and utterly!

i am a big barack obama supporter.
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
April 1st, 2008 at 09:29am
IF HILARY CLINTON GETS ELECTED, WE ARE SCREWED. JUST THINK..THIS WILL PUT BILL CLINTON IN THE CO-PILOT SEAT, REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME? HE IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY. AND OBAMA? HES A MUSLIM, AND THE MUSLIMS ARE THE ONES ATTACKING OUR COUNTRY AND CAUSING HAVOCK.
I AM A REPUBLICAN AND I AM FOR MCAIN
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
April 1st, 2008 at 10:33am
^That's probably the least informed post I've seen on this entire board. Honestly, Clinton had his problems, but with our current president, how can you say Clinton was the worst. Bush takes that title hands down.Clinton may have not been a good president, but he was a damn good politician. If you don't like Hillary, fine. But don't like her because of her standpoints on the important issues, not because she's married to someone you don't like.

And about Obama being a Muslim...have you been watching Fox News? It's not true, and even if it were, so what? It doesn't matter what religion you are. Ideally, we wouldn't even have to talk about religion in terms of the presidential candidates because of the entire separation of church and state thing.
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
April 1st, 2008 at 12:28pm
Okay, one thing is that I am totally against Obama and Clinton, I don't agree with their ideas. But at the same time I really am not abig Mcain fan. I like him better than the other two but this is my first election I can vote in and I'm not gonna even do it. I don't like any of the people running
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
April 1st, 2008 at 01:16pm
^Don't just not vote. If you don't like any of the candidates, write in a candidate that you'd like to see in office. It won't make much of a difference, but at least you'll be able to say that you voted for someone. That's what I'm going to do, most likely.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
April 1st, 2008 at 01:36pm
i'm not exited at all! Any wrong president can ruin the mid east for good. I think they should let all the world vote, not just americans. because whoever is going to be elected. he\she will effect the whole world! I don't know who I would vote, or who worths to present me. but till now I'm on Obama's side.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 2nd, 2008 at 08:55pm
Hilary is my homegirl! XD
BangBang Baby
Fabulous Killjoy
BangBang Baby
April 2nd, 2008 at 09:01pm
Modern Molly:
Hilary is my homegirl! XD
same here
Manda SpAz
Salute You in Your Grave
Manda SpAz
April 6th, 2008 at 04:54pm
I'm a total supporter for Obama, what pisses me off is that some people out there think he's the Anti-Christ
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 6th, 2008 at 05:11pm
I too am supporting Obama in the upcoming election, although I do sympathize with Hillary and the negativity that surrounds her regarding Bill's actions while president.

I do not agree with the statement that Clinton was our worst president. In fact, with the exception of the Lewinsky scandal (which did not affect his policies at all) I think he did an admirable job and did a lot of good for this country. I hated seeing all of the hard work that he had done go straight down the toilet when Bush took office and started his "war".

Under Bush, our country has lost most of its freedom. Gas prices are out of control making the working poor choose between food and gas to get to work. Immigration views divide the country. The housing market is destroyed and our economy is in shambles. Education reform has gone out the window and in Florida they are laying off teachers -- when we don't have enough to teach as it is! -- and cutting corners (art, music, science, history, and anything not on the FCAT) because the budget was cut -- all the extra money goes to fund this war. (I mention Florida because I live there, I don't know about the other states)

If the entire world voted in America's presidental election, what good would that do? Our vote is the only voice we have left. Give that to others and our nation would fall apart. Other countries would vote for their interests, not for ours. How is that fair to us?

I said it on another message board -- religion, gender, and skin color should have no bearing on an election. You should vote for the person whose views match yours. Black, white, brown, green, purple, Christian, Jew, Muslim -- who cares? A person is a person. Vote for the person who will create the most positive change.
ellen page.
Bleeding on the Floor
ellen page.
April 20th, 2008 at 10:26am
stac-renee:
IF HILARY CLINTON GETS ELECTED, WE ARE SCREWED. JUST THINK..THIS WILL PUT BILL CLINTON IN THE CO-PILOT SEAT, REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME? HE IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY. AND OBAMA? HES A MUSLIM, AND THE MUSLIMS ARE THE ONES ATTACKING OUR COUNTRY AND CAUSING HAVOCK.

Clinton screwed up, but who hasn't? Frankly I think he did some good to this country (besides knocking up Monica)

I have no idea who I would vote for, but if anything, RELIGION should have nothing to do with it. Where the heaven have you been? Your voting for McCain but have you even looked at any of the canidates? Even worse, you call your self a republican, but EVERYONE knows that McCain is more democratic than Obama and Clinton combined.

When will people learn that the Terrorists in the Middle East have nothing to do with ISLAM? It's like taking a Christian who likes to kill people and says he practices. If you don't know that Islam, or any of the Abrahamic faiths are about peace, then the least you can do is WikiPedia them.

I'm getting off topic: Obama is not Muslim. I think that's more than clear if you even looked at the news once.

I don't mean to shoot you down, but you should really find a better way to back up your views, and if you can't, please don't post just to sound like you know what your talking about.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 11th, 2008 at 08:04pm
I don't really follow politics and I'm not actually from America. x]
But I've been watching Fox News & I think Barack Obama is going to win.
Although, I'd like to see Hillary Clinton win this election and then Obama win the next.
Edit: No. Obama seems like he would make a good president. He seems strong and wise enough to make good decisions.

Kay, I'm leaving now. Tehe
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 13th, 2008 at 11:19am
I like Obama Smile
I think he will bring some new ideas-like someone said before-the whole "experience" thing just isnt going well. and like Obama said in a interview with Time magazine-nobody who talks to him is going to think he has no clue what he is talking about
i also agree with his views- iv taken like three of thos quize that help you figure out whos views you agree the most with with quotes and statements that back up the canidates opinion
and as for religion goes-it doesnt belong near the government
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
May 13th, 2008 at 12:09pm
well i dont mean to be picky, but i dont like any of them.

Hilary, i dont know what it is about her, but i just dont think that she is a strong enough leader that we need right now at these desperate times. Bill was a good president and because of that, everyone thinks she will be too, but she's not her husband, and dont get me wrong, i'm all for a woman in office, i just dont think it should be her.

Obama, (sorry for any misspellings) first of all, he strikes me as very arrogant. Also, when giving a speech in San Francisco, he said that people in the south "Cling to their guns and religion" i admitt that some do, but thats a sterotype and its not fair to sterotype the south as dumb and religious.

Mcain, well i usually dont like republicans because everytime one is in office, my family is broke! and on top of that i dont agree with the fact that they use religion in laws (ex. no gay marrige, if it didnt say it was wrong in the bible, no one would care.) but also, and this is the big one, when asked what he planned to do about the troubled economy, he said "You know, the economy isn't really my thing" if you want to be president then you better make it your thing! because i think that at this rate, we're heading for another deprerssion. and also Mcain seems too focused on the war (which i dont support) but right now i think that we need to take care of our people here in America
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
May 13th, 2008 at 12:12pm
Yes;Indeed;True:
I like Obama Smile
I think he will bring some new ideas-like someone said before-the whole "experience" thing just isnt going well. and like Obama said in a interview with Time magazine-nobody who talks to him is going to think he has no clue what he is talking about
i also agree with his views- iv taken like three of thos quize that help you figure out whos views you agree the most with with quotes and statements that back up the canidates opinion
and as for religion goes-it doesnt belong near the government

i seriously and strongly agree that religion belongs no where near the government.
as for Obama.....if i had to pick one of the candidates it would be him
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
May 15th, 2008 at 09:54pm
stac-renee:
DON'T TYPE YOUR WHOLE POST IN CAPS LOCK, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES AND MAKES US ALL FEEL LIKE YOU'RE YELLING, OR JUST TALKING REALLY LOUD LIKE STEVE CARRELL IN ANCHORMAN. Haha, thank you :)

As you can guess, I am deeply, deeply pro-Obama.
While Clinton does have some very solid ideas, I feel that this nation is very disenfranchised with our president and our government, and we need someone to bring us hope. I feel Clinton wouldn't be able to connect w9iht the youth with her programs the way Obama will. And as for McCain? He strikes me as a crazier, more motivated George W. Bush. His flip-flops are record-winning, at that-- in the morning, he's been known to disagree with the Irag war, and that night be for it. Obama has provided a great balance of stability and, most importantly, hope.

Also he is a Christian...? Not a Muslim. I don't understand why people think he's a Muslim based only off his name. I mean, my last name sounds French, does that make me French? My sister's first name is a traditional Scottish name, does that make her Scottish? Furthermore, if my last name was Hashimi, would that impede on my ability to worship under the Christian faith? No.

Also! As for experience. Abraham Lincoln served in, I believe, The House of Representatives for only 2 years before becoming president.