Don't have an account? Create one!

2008 Presidential Election.

AuthorMessage
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
August 25th, 2008 at 07:54pm
I don't know much about Biden, but I guess I better start learning more about him. Afterall, if Obama is elected he'll probably be the next president.
I live in the south, and although racism is everywhere, I know a handful of people that would be more than willing to take him out if he was elected.
I really wish McCain would hurry up and pick a running mate, although I'm not particularly fond of him either.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 25th, 2008 at 09:48pm
The Nightbeast.:
I don't know much about Biden, but I guess I better start learning more about him. Afterall, if Obama is elected he'll probably be the next president.
I live in the south, and although racism is everywhere, I know a handful of people that would be more than willing to take him out if he was elected.
I really wish McCain would hurry up and pick a running mate, although I'm not particularly fond of him either.
McCain has already decided on one, and is reportedly planning on releasing that info on his birthday, august 29th.
nimrod3094
Killjoy
nimrod3094
August 25th, 2008 at 11:02pm
All right, I've been reading many people's responses and I have to say, that whoever thinks that any of the candidates are "normal, average people," you are all sadly mistaken. Anybody who has ran for president needs money and a lot of it. Every single candidate has come from a wealthy background. First of all, I may be the lone republican from New York, but hear me out. Now, I personally don't like any of the candidates. I thought Guliani was the best candidate, but he's been out for quite some time. Here's what I think of all of the candidates so far:

John McCain: Because I'm left with no options, he is my number one choice. However, I can't say I agree with his foreign policy, but I agree with his domestic policy. I'll say it in plain English, everyone who lives in Mexico that is not in a seat of power has a fucking horrible life. But that doesn't give them the right to illegally come over the border to this country and get all of the freedoms we have, without any of the responsibilities. They don't pay a dime in taxes! And, plus they take away our jobs! There is definitely someone out there who is paying taxes and can be paid to do the job of, say, a landscaper. But, no, they give it to an illegal, because it's cheap labor! Plus, everywhere I go, I always run into people who can only speak Spanish! Thank God for my Spanish class in school, or I would be lost!

Barack Obama: All right, now in my opinion, Obama has dug a hole for himself. He has been associated with all of the wrong people from day one. The Reverend, who spoke out against the US, for one. I give him credit for defending him, even after what he said. That shows loyalty, which is what we need in a President. Plus, now he is running with Biden! To top the icing on the cake, as one would say. I'm sorry, I thought he might be a good choice in the beginning, but all bets are off on Obama.

Hillary Clinton: Oh, well, the bitch sure is back. I cannot hate Hillary Clinton enough! She is the most fake, dishonest, backstabbing, despicable, slimy human being to walk this Earth! I'd like to just give you an example- she plans to provide health care to everyone in the country (including the illegals), and how does she plan to get the money for it? By raising taxes. And not just any taxes, but cigarette taxes! She is double-crossing herself right there by saying: "We're gonna raise the taxes on cigarettes so that you won't want to buy them any you'll be healthy. BUT WAIT! We need you to buy unhealthy cigarettes because we won't have health insurance unless you buy them!" In my opinion, the Clintons are the Mafia of American politics.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 26th, 2008 at 03:44am
I don't live in the States,but in my opinion Obama is the better choice.
He's young,has new ideas and he shows the future of politics.I believe that none of the Americans want a second George W. Bush.I will never be able to forget what that man did during the disaster in New Orleans after Katrina.I don't know how many of you will support me,but that's what people who don't live in the US see.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
August 26th, 2008 at 09:23am
I'd have to say Obama picked the worst possible person for Vice President.
Biden has been known to say some things that weren't acceptable. He 's fine if you give him a piece of paper with what to say, but if you leave him alone, he'd say weird stuff, sort of like President Bush, I guess.
Also I don't like his plan on tracking every P2P user and suing all of them individually. Well probably because I use P2P.. :$
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 26th, 2008 at 07:23pm
The Fatality Very Happy:
I'd have to say Obama picked the worst possible person for Vice President.
Biden has been known to say some things that weren't acceptable. He 's fine if you give him a piece of paper with what to say, but if you leave him alone, he'd say weird stuff, sort of like President Bush, I guess.
Also I don't like his plan on tracking every P2P user and suing all of them individually. Well probably because I use P2P.. :$
But it was a smart move. Now when people say that Obama is inexperienced or unrelated to blue-collar workers, all he's got to say is "But Joe Biden is my VP." Biden appeals to a ton of blue collars and he's got more experience than most of the people in government today. So it actually was a pretty smart move on Barack's part.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 26th, 2008 at 07:34pm
nimrod3094:
John McCain: Because I'm left with no options, he is my number one choice. However, I can't say I agree with his foreign policy, but I agree with his domestic policy. I'll say it in plain English, everyone who lives in Mexico that is not in a seat of power has a fucking horrible life. But that doesn't give them the right to illegally come over the border to this country and get all of the freedoms we have, without any of the responsibilities. They don't pay a dime in taxes! And, plus they take away our jobs! There is definitely someone out there who is paying taxes and can be paid to do the job of, say, a landscaper. But, no, they give it to an illegal, because it's cheap labor! Plus, everywhere I go, I always run into people who can only speak Spanish! Thank God for my Spanish class in school, or I would be lost!

Not meaning to insult you, but this stinks of racism and wealthy (white) elitism. No the illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to just come over, but the US makes it so hard for one to become a citizen, and it costs money too, that they really have no other choice. Also, they may not pay taxes, but they get payed so much less then an American would be paid. And honestly how many Americans would be willing to go out in fields and pick fruit all day. (Because that is what most of them do) America just likes to flaunt all the riches it has to offer to other countries and basically say "Look what we have, you're not getting any of this".
Secondly not every freakin' spanish speaking person is from Mexico. The majority of Central and South America speaks spanish. (Not to mention Spain.)
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with people speaking spanish in the US. Have we suddenly become a dictatorship where only one language is allowed. Why not just get rid of all latinos and hispanics, then we wouldn't have that problem? While we're at it why not get rid of all orientals and blacks too? Let's just have pure white english speaking society, wouldn't that be so much better?

Barack Obama: All right, now in my opinion, Obama has dug a hole for himself. He has been associated with all of the wrong people from day one. The Reverend, who spoke out against the US, for one. I give him credit for defending him, even after what he said. That shows loyalty, which is what we need in a President. Plus, now he is running with Biden! To top the icing on the cake, as one would say. I'm sorry, I thought he might be a good choice in the beginning, but all bets are off on Obama.

What his former Reverend said is no fault of his. He didn't distance himself from the Rev. quickly enough, but he's new to being in the spotlight. I don't know what you find so bad about Biden.

Hillary Clinton: Oh, well, the bitch sure is back. I cannot hate Hillary Clinton enough! She is the most fake, dishonest, backstabbing, despicable, slimy human being to walk this Earth! I'd like to just give you an example- she plans to provide health care to everyone in the country (including the illegals), and how does she plan to get the money for it? By raising taxes. And not just any taxes, but cigarette taxes! She is double-crossing herself right there by saying: "We're gonna raise the taxes on cigarettes so that you won't want to buy them any you'll be healthy. BUT WAIT! We need you to buy unhealthy cigarettes because we won't have health insurance unless you buy them!" In my opinion, the Clintons are the Mafia of American politics.

Well then I guess you hate Mitt Romney too, seeing as her plan is nearly identical to the one he signed into law for Mass. And I guess that your also saying that anyone below upper middle class doesn't really matter and so they don't deserve health care. Again, wealthy elitism. The raise in cigarette tax would help pay for the free health care the smoker will need when he/she gets lung cancer, sounds like a pretty sweet deal. And her health care plan does not rely solely upon cigarette tax, don't be ridiculous.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 26th, 2008 at 07:49pm
nimrod3094:

Wow, that was racist. I happen to have several relatives in Mexico who quite enjoy their lives, and they're normal people. Sure, they may not have your s.u.v, your cheerleaders and footballers, your easy-access suburban drugs, your tennis courts, your big-screen t.vs and your malls (Oh wait, did that bit of racist stereotype hurt? Imagine how I feel reading these anti-Hispanic slurs when I'm half Hispanic myself.) but trust me, it is possible to live a great life south of the border. Just because you haven't looked for it doesn't mean it does not exist.

Also, what are you doing exactly to earn your "freedoms" here? Paying taxes? (I doubt it, since you're not even old enough to get a job, never mind pay taxes). Tons of American citizens evade taxes, and I'm talking about perfectly legal citizens. Are we going to continue to use racism as the call card for tax evasion rather than agreeing it's a problem throughout all races - illegal and legal.

The whole "they're taking our jobs!" crap pisses me off. I've met many hard-working immigrant families who try WAY harder than half of the apathetic white kids who go to my school. Honestly, did you ever think that you'd like to work in fruit fields or tar roofs in three-degree heat? Would you do it for minimum wage? Probably not. You'd probably try to complain to a union or something. So don't suggest immigrants are "taking your job" when it was never your job anyways. Minorities always do the hard work, not the working class, whether it was slaves in the colonial period or immigrants now. Your mother and father would not be content with the jobs that illegal immigrants eagerly will take. Can you honestly see your blue-collar father set down his briefcase and take a job as a day-laborer? (Oh, more white racism, I guess. I'm just trying to balance our paragraphs out.) I'd honestly rather give a job to someone who risked their life to get to where they are today and just have a chance at say, mowing my lawn, than the lazy white trash in my neighborhood. All they do is drink beer and do meth. They don't give a shit about their country, and yet they're allowed to stay here because their parents managed to pop one out in this country. Don't feel so much pride in your nation - it's just where your parents fucked. It's what you do that earns pride in a country and a country's pride in you.

What's your problem with people speaking their native language? When you go to France, are you expected to speak French? No? What about if you go visit Africa - are you going to learn Swahili? Face it, America has an inflated ego about English. We assume that our language is superior and thus must be spoken world-wide. If you want everyone who visits our country to speak English, then I guess you should start taking language lessons - or never go somewhere foreign. Shouldn't you practice what you preach? (or in your case, rant?)
nimrod3094
Killjoy
nimrod3094
August 27th, 2008 at 03:13pm
Faye Merci, I meant no racism when I said what I said. That was not meant to be racist, and I said nothing to offend them. I have no problem with them coming to this country, but they should have to earn their right to live in this country. We all pay taxes, so why should they be exempt from it? In fact, it was anti-racism because they are more than welcome to come here and have the freedoms and rights that we have, but they need to support their government the same that we do. It's not racism; people from Mexico are human beings and they don't deserve the racial intolerance that they are given. I'm anything but racist, but they are getting a free ticket to this country, while we all have to pay. I just think that something may be a bit wrong with that. And, plus, my father is an accountant. And, when he was out of work, he worked with my uncle mixing cement and grout out in the blazing heat, for minimum wage, just like many Mexican laborers do. So please don't tell me that my father wouldn't do the work of an immigrant. He did, for about half a year until he could find another job. And the whole cheap labor bit that I said was also anti-racism. They shouldn't have to work for such low wages, if they paid taxes like the rest of the US citizens. And plus if I went to France I wouldn't be living there. If I did move there, I would absolutely learn French. These people are living in our country, which is primarily based upon the English language. They should have to learn English. And, plus, I don't have an SUV. I don't have a big-screen TV. My family still watches on a 27-inch TV, so don't hand me that. And just because plenty of people evade taxes doesn't make it right! And if you are half-hispanic, I have no problem with that! I'm not trying to be racist, you just happened to misenterpret my post.

And Eponine, I hate Hillary Clinton not because of her views, but because she is greedy and power-hungry. Why did she become governer of New York? Not because she "cares" about NY or any other reason. She is from Arkansas, and has no former affiliation with New York. She is just power-hungry and fake. I like her views for the most part, but she won't ever follow up on them. I can't even count on my fingers the amount of times she said things to purely sabotage Obama in this election. And look at her husband! Look at the things he did! The Monica Lewinsky scandal was by far the worst, but for God's sake they had to impeach him! Do we really want to put the Clintons back into power? Just think about that.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 27th, 2008 at 03:51pm
nimrod3094:
And Eponine, I hate Hillary Clinton not because of her views, but because she is greedy and power-hungry. Why did she become governer of New York? Not because she "cares" about NY or any other reason. She is from Arkansas, and has no former affiliation with New York. She is just power-hungry and fake. I like her views for the most part, but she won't ever follow up on them. I can't even count on my fingers the amount of times she said things to purely sabotage Obama in this election. And look at her husband! Look at the things he did! The Monica Lewinsky scandal was by far the worst, but for God's sake they had to impeach him! Do we really want to put the Clintons back into power? Just think about that.

You don't know that she won't ever follow up on them, and no we won't know ever, well unless she runs again and wins. And she's not the only one who is not from the sate that she is governor of.

Obviously she said things during the race to sabotage Obama, that's what every candidate always does, it's nothing new.

I really don't care who Clinton sleeps with, that doesn't affect one's ability to lead a country. I remember a time when our budget was balanced, when the country didn't have a national debt of $9, 625, 060, 710, 683.93, (and still growing, by approximately 1.85 billion per day) when was that, oh yeah it was when Clinton was our president. Under Clinton there where not only more jobs, but more high paying jobs, and less people living in poverty. I don't agree with everything he did, but you can't deny that he did wonders for our economy.
nimrod3094
Killjoy
nimrod3094
August 27th, 2008 at 11:07pm
Alright, I just watched Biden's speech on TV. I have to say, I could definitely stomach Obama getting into office. His head is in all the right places, but what worries me is how he plans to put these things into action. He plans to get Georgia an up-and-running country again, but the only way he can do it is by sending troops into Georgia and negotiations with Russia. I'm sorry, but he says he wants to get our troops out of the middle-east. But he would be doing the same thing by putting our troops in Georgia. But, if McCain doesn't get elected, it sure won't be the end of the world. Hillary, on the other hand, that's a different story entirely. But she's out, so there's nothing to worry about.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 27th, 2008 at 11:14pm
nimrod3094:
Alright, I just watched Biden's speech on TV. I have to say, I could definitely stomach Obama getting into office. His head is in all the right places, but what worries me is how he plans to put these things into action. He plans to get Georgia an up-and-running country again, but the only way he can do it is by sending troops into Georgia and negotiations with Russia. I'm sorry, but he says he wants to get our troops out of the middle-east. But he would be doing the same thing by putting our troops in Georgia. But, if McCain doesn't get elected, it sure won't be the end of the world. Hillary, on the other hand, that's a different story entirely. But she's out, so there's nothing to worry about.

She's been out for a while too. Hopefully Obama plans to fix all the problems in the US before worrying about other countries.
Super.Ninja.1
Killjoy
Super.Ninja.1
August 28th, 2008 at 11:47am
I really would like to see Barack win. We need a change in this country, and it doesn't involve John Mccain. The war is pointless and we need to get out of there. George Bush needs to stop
nimrod3094
Killjoy
nimrod3094
August 28th, 2008 at 12:50pm
^I know shes been out. I'm just once again expressing my strong hate for Hillary Clinton. And if Obama does do all of the things he says he's gonna do, more power to him.
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
August 28th, 2008 at 07:28pm
Obama came to Billings, my city, yesterday for the second time. (I think.)
But he's been to Montana five times.
McCain has yet to come.

Okay. So. I love Obama. I'm a proud supporter of him and everything he's doing and is going to do.
And McCain..well, basically, MT is allllllll concervative. They dnw liberals. Like, SRSDNW.
So Obama has come to try to persuade the majority of MT because he believes the race could just be that close.
I just don't understand why McCain hasn't come. Yes, he's a busy man.
And yes. He's got a huge backing here. But why not try to persuade EVEN MORE
people to the concervative ways? Why not come and speak about what you're
going to do for people like farmers, or the people on the reservations?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me.
But it seems like Obama is much more dedicated to what he's doing,
the country he's trying to win over, the people in it, and just the overall gig.
And in my opinion, McCain's just running on the, "Well, Obama's going
to do this, so they're not going to like that and they'll vote for me so they
won't have Obama and I don't have to do much alkdfjlakjdfslkajsdflkajsdflkj."

I do not understand John McCain.
And I don't want a guy I know nothing about to run my fucking country.
Obama has done so much, and continues to push the envelope.
McCain just sits there and rots.

/no offense to any supporters of McCain.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 28th, 2008 at 09:05pm
^Do you mean Obama's done more in his campaigning or his political career?
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
August 28th, 2008 at 11:23pm
^ His campaigning.
Super.Ninja.2
Killjoy
Super.Ninja.2
August 28th, 2008 at 11:55pm
I can't vote, but personaly,
i want Obama to win.
First hes a democrate, wayyy better than Bush.
Anyone is better than bush.
2, he has atuall meaning, he wants to make everything equal.
I know that he is gonna become president.
Most everybody has turned to republican since Bush.
So i hope Obama and Biden win:]]
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 29th, 2008 at 08:28pm
nimrod3094:
And, plus, I don't have an SUV. I don't have a big-screen TV. My family still watches on a 27-inch TV, so don't hand me that. And just because plenty of people evade taxes doesn't make it right! And if you are half-hispanic, I have no problem with that! I'm not trying to be racist, you just happened to misenterpret my post.

I feel like you missed the point a little on this. I said those things about you to reflect how racist some of the statements you said sounded, especially the stuff about all life in Mexico being horrible or that all immigrants only speak spanish. I hoped maybe you would see that you had been a bit harsh. If you still have a problem with me, we can pm.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 30th, 2008 at 12:39am
nimrod3094:

There is a major conflict in Georgia,as we all know.Russia and the States are one of the most powerful (or the most powerful) countries in the world,so IF,just if it comes to a war,because of Russia's decicion to liberate Abhasiya and South Osetya,the States and the EU must have an opinion,because,as far as I know,all countries are trying to avoid wars.So,IF that happens,the States will sent forces in Georgia,anyway.If Obama is elected,there will be forces only in Georgia,but if McCain is elected,no troops will be pulled out of the Middle East and new troops will be sent to Georgia,because he will follow George Bush's policy.