Don't have an account? Create one!

October 18th, 2007 - New MCR DVD - The Black Parade Is Dead.

AuthorMessage
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
July 9th, 2008 at 03:58pm
^ I ordered the special edition from America, if I order another from a UK site it'll work. I don't mind much, it's pretty cheap.
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
July 9th, 2008 at 05:21pm
I'm pissed at Warner for selling the masks in the store to be quite honest. In what sense is it a 'limited' edition now? I just spent $70 on a wooden box. Fuck. That. Shit.

In awesome news, I finally got mine today, and I'm seriously psyched on it. It's amazing, I wanna skip school tomorrow just to watch it all day.

I just wish I'd bought the regular edition. Actually, that's not true; I wish the limited edition was actually limited.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
July 9th, 2008 at 05:29pm
DJ RYAN ROSS:
I wish the limited edition was actually limited.

agreed. personally, i know having the masks in the web store will be great to get the mask(s) i want, but to be honest it does really negate the whole limited edition deal.

i feel the same way about the tour t-shirts. it's almost pointless to buy merch at the show if it's going to wind up in the web store. (but i wont learn. i'll keep buy the merch at the shows because i want it at that moment. but i'll def think long and hard about the "limited edition" stuff when it comes to this band.)
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
July 9th, 2008 at 05:33pm
Deafening Silence:
DJ RYAN ROSS:
I wish the limited edition was actually limited.

agreed. personally, i know having the masks in the web store will be great to get the mask(s) i want, but to be honest it does really negate the whole limited edition deal.

i feel the same way about the tour t-shirts. it's almost pointless to buy merch at the show if it's going to wind up in the web store. (but i wont learn. i'll keep buy the merch at the shows because i want it at that moment. but i'll def think long and hard about the "limited edition" stuff when it comes to this band.)

Agreed.
I mean, if the masks alone are going to be way cheaper Im going to be mad, because honestly, I dont care about the coffin and certificate...I just wanted a mask....

And yeahhh. I mean seriously, whats with buying a tour shirt on the site, if you didnt even go? lmao.
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
July 9th, 2008 at 10:55pm
I'm glad there selling the masks because i really didn't feel like buying the rest off ebay to make sure i got all different ones. I ordered two from the mcr store. I got them the other day i got gerard and ray's mask. So happy i got two different ones. Now i can get the rest of the masks without taking the chance of getting a duplicate, for less money, and not paying triple the price on ebay.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
July 10th, 2008 at 02:02am
i got mine today. i got Mikeys mask.
thats stupid though that their selling the masks in the store but then again its more fun to order the special edition and get a surprise when you dont know which mask your going to get. and the box is cool. i wasnt expecting it to be that big.
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
July 10th, 2008 at 06:04am
DJ RYAN ROSS:
I'm pissed at Warner for selling the masks in the store to be quite honest. In what sense is it a 'limited' edition now? I just spent $70 on a wooden box. Fuck. That. Shit.

In awesome news, I finally got mine today, and I'm seriously psyched on it. It's amazing, I wanna skip school tomorrow just to watch it all day.

I just wish I'd bought the regular edition. Actually, that's not true; I wish the limited edition was actually limited.

And for me, a DVD that probably won't even work when it finally arrives.

Wow, I'm feeling a little bit ripped off now...
orca
In The Murder Scene
orca
July 10th, 2008 at 07:56am
I finally got my special edition yesterday have not tried if I can play the dvd in the player but it says 'all regions' and it plays on my computer when I change the mode to region 1.

Anyways, no idea whos mask I got 'coz I dunno which one is which members XD
but the mask was broken and I'm majorly pissed off...
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 10th, 2008 at 07:59am
They definitely should have told us that the masks would be available seperately.
I do get the feeling that this is more a money stunt from Reprise than a 'wow, that'd be a cool idea' from the guys' camp though. It seems like something a money-maker would do. I'm also guessing that the limited ed.s didn't sell nearly as well as they expected, either.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 10th, 2008 at 09:32am
The Rumor:
I do get the feeling that this is more a money stunt from Reprise than a 'wow, that'd be a cool idea' from the guys' camp though. It seems like something a money-maker would do.
It definitely is. Remember that the limited editions were as pricey as they were because a portion of the proceeds are going to charity as well. Our guys aren't about money, but a conglomerate always is.
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
July 10th, 2008 at 09:45am
If they had said before that the masks would be available in the store I wouldn't have got the special edition. I had to import a disc that won't work when I could've got the disc from a local retailer for a lot cheaper and sooner and imported the mask I liked best. /pissed off

I do agree on the part about the money making thing from the record label, it's probably cause the band going on break and all and they're trying to squeeze as much money out as possible.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
July 10th, 2008 at 10:47am
I suppose, when you look at it like that it is a money making scheme, a bit anoying when you spent like £40 on it.

And I'll be really mad if my mask is even cracked because of the shipping.
Pansy Wolf
Fabulous Killjoy
Pansy Wolf
July 10th, 2008 at 12:10pm
YAAAAY I AM ABOUT TO GO WATCH IT
BUT WAS SO OVERLY HAPPY WHEN I REALISED I GOT THE GERARD MASK.
AHHHHH,
might buy them all though on the webstore when they come out.
BUT AHHH, I FEEL SO SPECIAL.
*hugs to everyone*

now time for the dvd, bye guys.
xx
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
July 10th, 2008 at 12:16pm
I got mine June 30 and i got Bob's mask and on the inside of the mask where it says my chemical romance the writing is like chipped and the paint on the front is kinda smeared and chipped in some parts.
Its not majorly noticeable, but still i saw it.
I'm majorly pissed about that and because it was so expensive.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
July 10th, 2008 at 01:08pm
Deb:
[ Remember that the limited editions were as pricey as they were because a portion of the proceeds are going to charity as well.

serious? where was it mentioned? Because, apparently i missed that little detail.
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
July 10th, 2008 at 01:12pm
^gee said in the new jersey show that some of the money was gonna go to charity... dont know if thats got anything to do with it...
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
July 10th, 2008 at 01:44pm
i remember he did say that on the dvd. But i thought that only the tickets sold for that show went to charity. *shrug*
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 10th, 2008 at 02:34pm
Julia Goolia:
I got mine June 30 and i got Bob's mask and on the inside of the mask where it says my chemical romance the writing is like chipped and the paint on the front is kinda smeared and chipped in some parts.
Its not majorly noticeable, but still i saw it.
I'm majorly pissed about that and because it was so expensive.

Really? That happened to me too, except that the writing on the inside is fine, but the inside of it is also chipped and there's a smear on the front as if they went to draw on it, but made a mistake and put paint over it to cover it up. I'm rather pissed about the webstore deal as well, it doesn't feel special anymore. :/ Ah well. That's life.
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
July 10th, 2008 at 04:54pm
I'd love to be able to boycott Warner Bros. right now, but that's just not going to be possible. The guys were so much better off back on Eyeball.
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
July 10th, 2008 at 05:15pm
If I knew the mask would be available for sale, I probably wouldn't have gotten the thing. Especaially since I hate the box, the smell of the wood gives me a stomach ache, it smells like old attic...so i wish they could have told us, I don't blame the boys, but I do blame Warner. It doesn't feel special...the only thing that was made 10,000 copies of is the box and the death certificate. It just waters down the effect of it being so limited.

I was constantly reminding my mom of the reason it costs so much money, now I feel like I should have just bought the regular. But, I'm still happy I guess, because i was one of the original 10,000. I just wish I could get rid of the box...but my mom would kill me.