Don't have an account? Create one!

October 18th, 2007 - New MCR DVD - The Black Parade Is Dead.

AuthorMessage
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
July 10th, 2008 at 05:23pm
keep the box for another month or 5, and sell it on ebay then, after warner pulled the masks out of the store and the whole things' a big deal again
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
July 10th, 2008 at 05:32pm
When I get mine I was going to write a moany old email to Warner. I just want to wait and see if the DVD will play. Though I do have a friend who thinks he can sort that for me. But the point is he shouldn't have too.

Those that recieved broken masks, are you not going to try and maybe get those replaced? Surely you are entitled to that?

Not that I think writing an email will get me anywhere really. Normally I'm not one to get too stressed over things, but this has cost me nearly a days wages? And will cost me even more if I end up going to buy the normal edition from this country so I can actually watch it on my tv. (It's nopt the same watching it on a computer) And I totally don't blame the band for this, but this isn't good enough. I wouldn't treat my customers like this (They won't come back!).
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
July 11th, 2008 at 11:07am
Sounds like a lot of people are having problems 'cause of the regions. I didn't have any 'cause I made my DVD player region free a while ago. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks is a site where you can get codes to "unlock" your DVD player, then it'll play just fine. There's codes for most players out there. It'll be easiest if you set your player to region 0, then it'll play everything without having to switch back and forth between region 1 for TBPID! and whatever your own region is.
Aren't I lovely? Don't say I never give you things.

This whole thing is Warner's fuck up by the way; the box says it's region free, but it's a region 1 disc inside. So if you can't unlock your DVD player, they'll probably send you a replacement if you email them.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
July 11th, 2008 at 11:45am
So I came home today and found a note from the royal mail saying that I have to pay £13.71 for a customs charge, on top of the £40 I paid in the fist place, I'm so angry!
Did anyone else have to pay this?
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
July 11th, 2008 at 11:57am
^ I had to pay that too, but I knew that when I ordered it.
I woud've assumed most people would have too.
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
July 11th, 2008 at 12:25pm
Trivium.:
So I came home today and found a note from the royal mail saying that I have to pay £13.71 for a customs charge, on top of the £40 I paid in the fist place, I'm so angry!
Yep, it came today and now i have to travel half way across town to pick it up and pay. It's really annoyed me. It was expensive enough to start with.
James Dean Bradfield
Killjoy
James Dean Bradfield
July 11th, 2008 at 01:07pm
Trivium.:
Snap.... I was getting all huffy as the '10 day limit' was approaching and nothing had arrived...now I have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to drive to the Royal Mail office that only opens for about 5 minutes on a Saturday.

And after reading all the comments about broken masks..... I'm just anticipating a coffin full of white dust. I just want my smelly coffin *stomps*
deadkiwi
Killjoy
deadkiwi
July 11th, 2008 at 01:44pm
I won't be able to get the dvd for at least a month I think....stupid country... but I was wondering, you who have already watched it is there any behind the scenes footage or any interviews or something like that? Or is it just them playing the whole time? Cool
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 11th, 2008 at 01:47pm
A drop of backstage footage but mostly just two concerts in their entirety, so you get G addressing the crowd and stuff.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
July 11th, 2008 at 03:40pm
Firegarder:
Those that recieved broken masks, are you not going to try and maybe get those replaced? Surely you are entitled to that?

i didnt get a broken mask but i did get a cracked mask.
yeah. my bro asked me the same thing. i checked the FAQ for the website and it said i needed to send it back with the rcpt, etc.

i opted not to send it back. i would have to pay to send it back. i may not get the same mask. i may not get a replacement. (at the time, the availability of the mask as "limited"Wink i cant really prove that it was cracked upon arrival.
it just seemed too much trouble especially since they are now going to be available in the webstore.

i'll just wait and see.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 11th, 2008 at 07:05pm
Wow, this is really disappointing. So many of you are having to wait so long, and when you get it, it's defective. I wonder if Warner has any plans to make this right. I mean, technically if the mask broke during shipping (as it may have, it's a long way to travel) it's not really their fault, but good PR would be to find a way to make the customer happy. I hope all of this gets sorted out.

I did, however, finally get a chance to watch my DVD all the way through and it was a great time. The Mexico City show was phenominal, and I loved the intimacy of the Maxwell's show, so the DVD itself was a good buy and I am satisfied with that part of the purchase.

And while I do plan to complete my mask collection, I do see where you guys are coming from. From the beginning they said a limited number of masks would be made, and now they're mass producing them for purchase in the store. The full set is going to look great in my comic book room, but at the same time, the mask that came with the set doesn't have that same feel anymore.

I do hope this gets resolved in a positive manner....
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
July 11th, 2008 at 07:12pm
Deafening Silence:

i didnt get a broken mask but i did get a cracked mask.
yeah. my bro asked me the same thing. i checked the FAQ for the website and it said i needed to send it back with the rcpt, etc.

i opted not to send it back. i would have to pay to send it back. i may not get the same mask. i may not get a replacement. (at the time, the availability of the mask as "limited"Wink i cant really prove that it was cracked upon arrival.
it just seemed too much trouble especially since they are now going to be available in the webstore.

i'll just wait and see.

Yeah I get what you mean, it's a lot of hassle. And adds even more to the cost! haha *Prays to the MCR gods that hers isn't broken*

Mine still hasn't arrived... I'm really starting to wish I hadn't bothered and just got the normal edition! lol
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
July 11th, 2008 at 09:26pm
about the masks- yeah the paint is smeared and looks sloppy on mine. Neutral
i got gerards, btw.

theres even parts where they messed up and painted over with white, but you can still see through it.
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
July 12th, 2008 at 03:51am
In the past two days I've seen mama,dead! and wttbp all from mexico on tv?

At first I thought they'd relised one as a single but seems like the music channels are playing loads of random ones
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
July 12th, 2008 at 04:57am
^ ive only seen wttbp
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
July 12th, 2008 at 05:39am
I got mine yesterday, finally. But I got Mikeys mask, the only one i didn't liked. >.<
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
July 12th, 2008 at 07:26am
Finally got it. I got Mikey's and despite all the hassle and the money it is so worth it Very Happy
My room now smells like a hamster's cage though Rolling Eyes
My Demise
Bleeding on the Floor
My Demise
July 12th, 2008 at 09:45am
I have my special edition now, too. ^^

My dad loved the coffin and started sniffing on the lid like crazy. o_O
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
July 12th, 2008 at 12:15pm
I finally got mine today! I got Gerard's mask and it was in perfect condition. Thank God
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
July 12th, 2008 at 01:50pm
Summer Romances:
Finally got it. I got Mikey's and despite all the hassle and the money it is so worth it Very Happy
My room now smells like a hamster's cage though Rolling Eyes

haha At least mine smells like that anyway!

*Still waiting*