Don't have an account? Create one!

October 18th, 2007 - New MCR DVD - The Black Parade Is Dead.

AuthorMessage
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
July 4th, 2008 at 06:48pm
mine arrived today!
i got gerards mask Very Happy

i tried to put it on my DVD player earlier and cos i got the american special edition and i'm in england, it doesn't play on my room DVD player. only the one downstairs which is multi-regional. Kinda sucks but i hope it works on windows media player on my laptop.
haven't watched it yet though, i'm about to x]
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
July 4th, 2008 at 06:59pm
haha, i think i'm becoming a shitty fan. i don't even know if i want to buy the dvd.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
July 4th, 2008 at 07:48pm
Wait-- Stay/Untitled is on it? Oh! I definitely want it even more now.
The show in New Jersey looks amazing. There's some youtube videos of it, and WOW!.
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
July 4th, 2008 at 08:21pm
Faye Merci:
haha, i think i'm becoming a shitty fan. i don't even know if i want to buy the dvd.

the NJ show is worth it.
i wasnt really too excited about it either, and watching the mexico show i was like "ehhh..."

but the maxwells show is really, really good.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
July 5th, 2008 at 12:28am
Faye Merci:

Lolz, I know what you mean. I didn't spring for the special edition, because I couldn't part with that much money. I just got the regular version, but am incredibly glad I did. Get it from amazon--it's dirt cheap, and you won't be disappointed!
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 5th, 2008 at 01:46am
I love the DVD, especially the NJ performance.
And the CD isn't too bad either, although I would have preferred it if they edited out most of the screaming Tehe

I didn't get a LE, so no mask for me... although I quite liked Mikey's.

I took some screencaps from the DVD if anyone's interested - click here.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
July 5th, 2008 at 03:26am
XdrowningXlessonsX:
And I've got bad news for the rest of you...
The DVD, is in NTSC, not PAL, in other words, it'll only play on US DvD players, or very few European ones.

What?! It's not just Europe and America on the world you know... what about the hundreds of thousands in South America, Australia, Africa... it's not fair... maybe the special edition... but I'm 100% sure they won't sell something in a store that you can't play on your dvd player at home
wachumpa
Killjoy
wachumpa
July 5th, 2008 at 06:18am
sparklinggrey:
XdrowningXlessonsX:
And I've got bad news for the rest of you...
The DVD, is in NTSC, not PAL, in other words, it'll only play on US DvD players, or very few European ones.

What?! It's not just Europe and America on the world you know... what about the hundreds of thousands in South America, Australia, Africa... it's not fair... maybe the special edition... but I'm 100% sure they won't sell something in a store that you can't play on your dvd player at home

Well, I'm assuming the DVD's in store have had their region modified , but I don't know.

Chemically_Romantic:
mine arrived today!
i got gerards mask Very Happy

i tried to put it on my DVD player earlier and cos i got the american special edition and i'm in england, it doesn't play on my room DVD player. only the one downstairs which is multi-regional. Kinda sucks but i hope it works on windows media player on my laptop.
haven't watched it yet though, i'm about to x]

You can play it on Media Player, but remember you can only change the region of the drive about four times.
Wake The Sun.
Killjoy
Wake The Sun.
July 5th, 2008 at 08:04am
My special edtion hasn't come yet, but I bought the normal edition from HMV the other day.

It's AMAZING! I'm still buzzing from it. xD
Sweet Revenge.
Awake and Unafraid
Sweet Revenge.
July 5th, 2008 at 11:41am
The whole concept of the coffin and all is amazing xD
The DVD is awesome!
I got Bob's mask, I love it.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 5th, 2008 at 03:21pm
I was rather disappointed that they didn't include the videos/making of's on the set. That would have been a happy bonus. Not to say that the set isn't quality, because it is, very much so. But it is such a great part of LOTMS, it would have been great on this also. *shrug* oh well. Can't have everything.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
July 5th, 2008 at 04:27pm
^
That's what I was thinking too. At least the videos, would have been great to be able to watch them in good quality and not just on youtube. but really, I shouldn't complain, the dvd is amazing.
Battery Diamond
Bleeding on the Floor
Battery Diamond
July 5th, 2008 at 06:40pm
Did anybody notice Mikey's eye ticks during the NJ show on THBID dvd? It was just something I noticed. Rolling Eyes
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
July 5th, 2008 at 10:00pm
mikeys eye ticks all the time.
i especially noticed it in the interview on SURS they did recently.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 5th, 2008 at 10:46pm
asdjhsakfj:
mikeys eye ticks all the time.
i especially noticed it in the interview on SURS they did recently.

For some reason I've wondered if the lasik eye surgery did that, but who knows.

Anyway, I definitely agree about the videos/making of's, there were some pretty classic moments in those. Tehe But, I'm happy with what I got. Very Happy

Who knows, maybe we'd be lucky and get a DVD of some sort with the videos/making of's on it one day.
mcrallie
Killjoy
mcrallie
July 5th, 2008 at 11:51pm
vikkivengeance:

i think Illinois

Thanks. I THINK mine will arrive on Monday. It was shipped Tuesday or Wednesday, so I hope it'll be here soon. Illinois isn't that far away...
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
July 6th, 2008 at 12:26am
psychochip:
I was rather disappointed that they didn't include the videos/making of's on the set. That would have been a happy bonus. Not to say that the set isn't quality, because it is, very much so. But it is such a great part of LOTMS, it would have been great on this also. *shrug* oh well. Can't have everything.

I'm with you. But I still love this dvd
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 6th, 2008 at 01:05am
Well I got mine today.......but I didn't watch it.
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
July 6th, 2008 at 01:51am
Mine is still not here. Sad It should definitely be here Monday though. I wish I bought the special edition but it was too expensive!
I agree with what you guys are saying about the videos/making of's. I shouldn't be complaining but the new cd probably won't be out for awhile and we need something to hold us over! But I'm sure TBPID is great anyway.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
July 6th, 2008 at 08:55am
Yay! Will go to the store tommorow to get mine (tommorow is the Soth African release date) Yay again!