Don't have an account? Create one!

Has America fallen?

AuthorMessage
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 17th, 2007 at 12:00am
Cyanide Hell....:
^ Thats cause we all drive SUV and Hummers...its insane truly insane.
I can see how some people like AYS(( Youth progam were i live)) Would need big cars. But the people who only have one person ((celbrates kinda)) DONT NEED THEM!!!!!! and they should use Bio-desal its so much better for the enviroment

I totally agree with you.

But you have to remember, and I am in NO WAY trying to offend anyone, that not all of these people know that. They don't have the same opportunities because when they were in school it wasn't a problem so they didn't learn about it. Then you have the people who know and just don't care, the people who just want money, and the people who think today and not 15 years from now when everyone is dead because of the holes there 2mpg hummers put in the ozone layer.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 17th, 2007 at 01:21am
I don't think America is THAT concerned with the whole global warming crap, if they did, I guess they wouldn't be allowing those people to create those vehicles
Ballroom Blitz
Bleeding on the Floor
Ballroom Blitz
November 17th, 2007 at 08:28am
Diana_a7x:
I don't think America is THAT concerned with the whole global warming crap,
yeah, they wouldn't of laughed at the kyoto bill if they acculally cared...
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 17th, 2007 at 04:10pm
Okay, tell me if this is a sign of our civil rights being taken away.

((got this from militaryfreezone.org))

In the USA, under the No Child Left Behind Act, if you attend a high school that receives federal funding your school system is required to turn over your private information to the U.S. military for recruitment purposes! (With the exception of a few private schools, almost every school in the USA receives federal funding.) Your school is NOT required to tell you that they are giving your private information to the military.
Federal public law 107-110, section 9528 of the ESEA, "No Child Left Behind Act" requires school districts to release student names, addresses, and phone numbers to military recruiters upon their request. Students are then called at home by recruiters and pressured to join the military. The law also requires the school district to notify you of your right to Opt-Out from this by requesting that the district not release your information to military recruiters.

Tell me that isn't twisted and well... really freaky at the same time.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 17th, 2007 at 04:19pm
XD they are doing something like that now in Illinois (like I said before)
Students are forced to observe a moment of silence for prayer after the pledge.
Where is our country going.

Our school makes us do that also, I don't live in Illinois either. But then again I'm not really surprised, our school made everyone in the high school give them our finger prints for some stupid lunch thing(which they don't even use) ((and I live in the smallest town ever, so it's not like its a safety precaution)) they didn't tell our parents about it or anything, and we're minors. They even made the elementary kids do it also, my niece is a 1st grader and she had to. They only took our pointer finger prints, but I still don't think that's right. They put the files in a database that is very insecure and that even a major idiot could probably hack.
*ugh*
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 17th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Diana_a7x:
So America shouldn't have gone to war in the first place then...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Right on the dot. ((sorry to much coffee this morning and to many opions on this subject))
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 17th, 2007 at 07:33pm
Ballroom Blitz:
Diana_a7x:
I don't think America is THAT concerned with the whole global warming crap,
yeah, they wouldn't of laughed at the kyoto bill if they acculally cared...

Our current leaders don't give a crap about the enviroment. it sickens me that they are so self-centered and war mongers that they dont give a care that they are destroying our 1 and only world
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 17th, 2007 at 07:37pm
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:

In the USA, under the No Child Left Behind Act, if you attend a high school that receives federal funding your school system is required to turn over your private information to the U.S. military for recruitment purposes! (With the exception of a few private schools, almost every school in the USA receives federal funding.) Your school is NOT required to tell you that they are giving your private information to the military.
Federal public law 107-110, section 9528 of the ESEA, "No Child Left Behind Act" requires school districts to release student names, addresses, and phone numbers to military recruiters upon their request. Students are then called at home by recruiters and pressured to join the military. The law also requires the school district to notify you of your right to Opt-Out from this by requesting that the district not release your information to military recruiters.

Your right that is twisted and a good example of our rights being taken away. There is one thing though about this...at some schools you can be taken off the list and your info won't be given to the miltary. But im not sure that all schools have that
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 17th, 2007 at 08:02pm
[quote=Cyanide Hell....]"Your right that is twisted and a good example of our rights being taken away. There is one thing though about this...at some schools you can be taken off the list and your info won't be given to the miltary. But im not sure that all schools have that[/quote]

But thats the thing, even though you CAN opt out of it, barely anyone knows that it's going on. Which is bad, and which keeps them on the list. Most schools don't tell anyone anything. ((key word: most))
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 17th, 2007 at 08:03pm
There may not be many schools, but there must be perhaps not ALOT but somewhat alot of schools
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 17th, 2007 at 08:07pm
Diana_a7x:
There may not be many schools, but there must be perhaps not ALOT but somewhat alot of schools
True. Though it still doesn't mean that it's not going on.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 17th, 2007 at 08:08pm
That tis true aswell.
So much for the first amendment
Ballroom Blitz
Bleeding on the Floor
Ballroom Blitz
November 18th, 2007 at 07:51am
Cyanide Hell....:

Your the current leaders don't give a crap about the enviroment. it sickens me that they are so self-centered and war mongers that they dont give a care that they are destroying our 1 and only world
canada's current leaders don't get a fuck about our enviroment? yeah, they do honey.
canada has never started a war, that i am in knowledge of. [with the exception of ww2. we kinda had to stop hitler...]

#1 United States: 5,762,050
#2 China: 3,473,600
#3 Russia: 1,540,360
#4 Japan: 1,224,740
#5 India: 1,007,980
#6 Germany: 837,425
#7 United Kingdom: 558,225
#8 Canada: 521,404

see that little "8" beside canada? yeah, that means we're 8th highest in carbon emmisons, see that "1" beside america? and the number that is 2.9 times bigger than canada's?

yea, that means that america is killing the planet way faster than canada is.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:04pm
Where'd you get the info from? and yeah its true about Canada not starting a war.
Ballroom Blitz
Bleeding on the Floor
Ballroom Blitz
November 18th, 2007 at 10:19pm
Diana_a7x:
Where'd you get the info from? and yeah its true about Canada not starting a war.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/env_co2_emi-environment-co2-emissions
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
November 20th, 2007 at 04:24am
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:

wow i wasnt aware of that...that is pretty scary
i would say yes that is a signof civil liberties being removed

and that doesn't seem to be in relation to terrorism laws which is a surprise as that is how most restrictions on civil liberties seem to be justified in America, and other places like Australia.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 20th, 2007 at 09:18pm
Ballroom Blitz:
Cyanide Hell....:

our the current leaders don't give a crap about the enviroment. it sickens me that they are so self-centered and war mongers that they dont give a care that they are destroying our 1 and only world
canada's current leaders don't get a fuck about our enviroment? yeah, they do honey.

I was talking about america's curent leaders ((i also made a misake it should say Our not your)) I know canada does alot for the enviroment. im moving there went im out of high school ^.^
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
November 21st, 2007 at 04:49am
the US always claims to have it's citizens in mind when making it's laws and policies. what i want to know is: how does making laws and policies that have to consideration for the health of its citizens helping them? seriously, by not caring about things like gloabal warming, abysmal health care, as well as continually sending our troops overseas to deal in a conflict that should have never been started in the first place being considerate towards its citizens?

as i've said before, america may not have fallen as of yet, but it certainly is in dire need of improvement.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 22nd, 2007 at 12:05am
genresR4losers:
the US always claims to have it's citizens in mind when making it's laws and policies. what i want to know is: how does making laws and policies that have to consideration for the health of its citizens helping them? seriously, by not caring about things like gloabal warming, abysmal health care, as well as continually sending our troops overseas to deal in a conflict that should have never been started in the first place being considerate towards its citizens?

as i've said before, america may not have fallen as of yet, but it certainly is in dire need of improvement.

i totaly agree. they say we are a democratic republic..yet they don't care about us ((^ as said by genresR4loser)), puting us in war that is costing us about 720 million PER DAY!!!!! And they are taking away our civil rights. I think that the democratic ways are falling towards dictatorship ((maybe not an extreme dictatorship but there have been signs of dictatorship according to a book i read for a class))
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 22nd, 2007 at 01:00am
Cyanide Hell....:
genresR4losers:

i totaly agree. they say we are a democratic republic..yet they don't care about us ((^ as said by genresR4loser)), puting us in war that is costing us about 720 million PER DAY!!!!! And they are taking away our civil rights. I think that the democratic ways are falling towards dictatorship ((maybe not an extreme dictatorship but there have been signs of dictatorship according to a book i read for a class))

Thats true, Democrats..I'm not a fan of them nor that I'm saying I'm a fan of republicans.