Don't have an account? Create one!

Has America fallen?

AuthorMessage
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 23rd, 2007 at 04:27am
Im the same way..the democrates aren't doing shit about the war when they can. they have the power to stop funding the war but they aren't using it. And the republicans are the same way ((i never liked them but they do have the power to)) the two main parties stink. ((denis kucinich is a democrate and he's they only person i like))
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
November 23rd, 2007 at 06:41am
^Even though the democrats have the majority in Congress right now, it isn't much of a majority. They don't have the right number of votes to override a president's veto. And if they don't fund the troops, they look like the bad guys again because it looks as though they don't support the troops. This was the situation earlier this year when the democrat's bill that provided time tables for troop withdrawals was vetoed by the president. They couldn't get the support to go over the president, so they were forced to go with him,just so that the troops in the Middle East could get what they needed.
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:39pm
I probably have no right to say this as I'm British but America does seem to be in a slow decline. We're getting more and more news about it all the time. Maily about people who can't afford to live a decent life or have 12 kids and can't get enough money for basic needs.
Over here its more relaxed. If you have 12 kids you get top priority. And free health care. Even though the NHS is really slow its better than the whole 'You have to have insurence' thing you guys have. Its just totally unfair!
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 23rd, 2007 at 08:53pm
Alx_Aoide:
^Even though the democrats have the majority in Congress right now, it isn't much of a majority. They don't have the right number of votes to override a president's veto. And if they don't fund the troops, they look like the bad guys again because it looks as though they don't support the troops.

Thats true but they still have power to do more then what they are doing. They could help with the revelution and the protest. And it may look like they don't support the troops by not funding them but in reality the are supporting them because they want them to be home and safe
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 23rd, 2007 at 09:33pm
We seriously are on a slow decline now. And it makes me so sick because... no one really seems to notice it or care. And the whole issue with global warming, we're the only country who hasn't signed the global warming contract to reduce the amount of polution we're putting out into the atmosphere ((sorry, can't remember what it was actually called, we're watching The Incomveinant Truth in Biology class... it's slightly bias, but still gets the point across about how were not doing much to help reduce polution etc)). We're like Rome so much, and though we're trying to make this a better government then Rome's.... I'm not so sure it's actually working out to well. I love this country don't get me wrong... but, no one cares anymore, or barely anyone cares anymore.
Ballroom Blitz
Bleeding on the Floor
Ballroom Blitz
November 24th, 2007 at 08:57am
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:
We're like Rome so much, and though we're trying to make this a better government then Rome's.... .
Rome fell. Mayan Fell. Greece Fell.

All societies fall eventually.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 26th, 2007 at 01:38am
Ballroom Blitz:
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:
We're like Rome so much, and though we're trying to make this a better government then Rome's.... .
Rome fell. Mayan Fell. Greece Fell.

All societies fall eventually.

true but i think Yourgun was saying that we are turning from a republic to an empire just like rome . And we will fall like Rome did
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 7th, 2007 at 08:44pm
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:
We seriously are on a slow decline now. And it makes me so sick because... no one really seems to notice it or care. And the whole issue with global warming, we're the only country who hasn't signed the global warming contract to reduce the amount of polution we're putting out into the atmosphere ((sorry, can't remember what it was actually called, we're watching The Incomveinant Truth in Biology class... it's slightly bias, but still gets the point across about how were not doing much to help reduce polution etc)). We're like Rome so much, and though we're trying to make this a better government then Rome's.... I'm not so sure it's actually working out to well. I love this country don't get me wrong... but, no one cares anymore, or barely anyone cares anymore.

Yes thats true...hah wish i thought about that
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
December 11th, 2007 at 12:22am
I'm an American and i think America is falling..... i mean its like Rome right? shaky leaders and divided ppl
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
December 11th, 2007 at 04:34am
totaly
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 15th, 2007 at 08:21pm
EeVie !:
I'm an American and i think America is falling..... i mean its like Rome right? shaky leaders and divided ppl

Well..it has to fall...eventually
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
December 16th, 2007 at 07:46pm
EeVie !:

Yes that is correct analysis... they're is actual an article in the new york times called Pirates of the Mediterranean. It goes through how rome faell and how it parallels to the American Empire
MelancholyMisery
Salute You in Your Grave
MelancholyMisery
December 17th, 2007 at 11:18pm
In my opinion and many others I know who have discussed this..

America cant fall, it was bad from the beginning.
just go around killing off american indians and taking their land without asking.
slave labor
then i missed a whole lot of history.. but you got the wars, QUIT INTERFERRING AND THEN COMPLAINING THAT THEY ATTACK YOU.
and then somehow they managed to vote bush over al gore.
pollute everything
overreact to everything
stupid laws.

you can SUE people. OH MY GOD why???
we have accident and emergency here.
if it wasnt your fault you dont have to pay, the government pays.
I betcha the only reason america doesnt have this is as soon as they hear "more tax" they say "NO" and dont listen to the reasons why.
Its GOOD.
find a cockroach in your soup its not up to you to sue the restorant 50 million dollers. they probably just refund your soup and get the health inspecter in/.

Everything I learn in school is making me really not like american politictions.
They arent telling me to not like them, its just the facts arent in americas favour.

I can hate our countrys [New Zealand] history too, I mean europeans came in and took over here aswell but NOW we are okay, weve grown up.

whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
December 18th, 2007 at 06:46pm
Honestly, yes. :/
It's really horrible. I'm an American, and I live in a place that I feel is getting weaker by the minute.
I think that the government tells us a lot of lies. :/
I feel lied to constantly, I feel used. I hope I'm wrong, but I think I'm right.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
December 20th, 2007 at 09:32am
Many things in this country make me sad. I think we have lost our way.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 24th, 2007 at 10:46am
jules274:
Many things in this country make me sad. I think we have lost our way.

I think..no one has ever cared, I also think that the government is someone's puppet.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 25th, 2007 at 05:15pm
the entire western society has fallen

politics are going to shit
prisons are overcrowed
terrorsims is a big threat
there is so much conflict
everything has to be 'polictically correct'
ect ect ect
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:30pm
dark.sian:
the entire western society has fallen

politics are going to shit
prisons are overcrowed
terrorsims is a big threat
there is so much conflict
everything has to be 'polictically correct'
ect ect ect

Not to mention we're losing or have lost some of our freedoms and we have "Spy agents" invading our privacy
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 26th, 2007 at 12:31pm
^^ but tbh i can see why we have to loose our freedom,
poeple have to be spying on everyone nowadays coz otherwise terrorists plots or people planning mass murders would never be uncovered

and unfortunately we all have to suffer for that. In this day and age (sorry to sound likr my grandma for a secound here) no-one is above suspicion.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 26th, 2007 at 07:58pm
dark.sian:
^^ but tbh i can see why we have to loose our freedom,
poeple have to be spying on everyone nowadays coz otherwise terrorists plots or people planning mass murders would never be uncovered

and unfortunately we all have to suffer for that. In this day and age (sorry to sound likr my grandma for a secound here) no-one is above suspicion.
Agreed. But if you were some sort of "Secret/undercover or whatever" and you were bored, would you invade someone else's privacy?